Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 127 of 185 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2763

Snuff - What's in your nose?

This is a discussion on Snuff - What's in your nose? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; To answer your question, Terry, the lounge areas were wide open, the actual restrooms having entrances at the back of ...

Re: Snuff - What's in your nose?

To answer your question, Terry, the lounge areas were wide open, the actual restrooms having entrances at the back of the lounge, so there was nothing keeping you from going in to beg your mother for a quarter to get some popcorn and a Dr. Pepper while she was powdering her nose and socializing with the other mothers. Besides, you could smell those powder boxes all the way out by the stairs.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Desertlifter View Post
    ?..because I can....I'mcrammingmoreMorlaixupmynose...

Banter on pairing cigars and pipes with assorted beverages is common, but this is the first that I've paid much attention to the snuff in such a venue.

More research is warranted.
    Sounds like me; wed be a dangerous pair! If you're having difficulty getting more snuff up you schnoz, just sniff the tin for the "tin note!". More research - that's the ticket! Please post your results in PWI...

Ganga, still, paired with pure cane sugar Orange Soda. I'm definitely going to be sounding like Robert. I did have a few pipes of AK and Old Joe Kranz, however.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    To answer your question, Terry, the lounge areas were wide open, the actual restrooms having entrances at the back of the lounge, so there was nothing keeping you from going in to beg your mother for a quarter to get some popcorn and a Dr. Pepper while she was powdering her nose and socializing with the other mothers. Besides, you could smell those powder boxes all the way out by the stairs.
    Exactly as I was imagining it, Jim. But I didn't know your mom liked snuff!

Enjoying the samples from Mari. Finally tried some Chocolate. Yummy, with a pleasant little burn, but really closer to carob than cocoa.

The Ganga will need further study. First go the only sensation I got was of Brut aftershave - that ain't right. Will certainly try again.

Otherwise, much more Morlaix (with an IPA rather than rosé) and a revisit of Cheeta.
    Last edited by ProbateGeek; 07-08-2013 at 12:49 AM.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Ganga!

Although I am on a smoke-strike until Jim returns, obviously that does not negate the continued use of snuff.

With the exception of the 1-2mos that I misplaced a tap box that I was frequently using, I have been snuffing daily since I started. As I had started smoking in the house the past year, maybe two, and almost exclusively starting the first of the year, I had succumbed to snuffing as a form of "indoor baccy."

Well, that worked just as well as the pipes did, as I thought I would keep my smoking outside switching to frequent, quick smokes that pipes could offer. Pipes are so nice, and lent themselves well to smoking in bed as needed, that now it's just a cigar or two, and then pipe and snuff and all day (yeah, okay, and night)!

Ganga, from my new snuffbox! Well, not "new." It is a 2002 Limoges pillbox from my small collection, that I just figured out make perfect snuffboxes!

Are you sure Jim would want us to swear off smoking in his absense? I mean, I just want to do what he would want......

It is a little weird not having him around though, you coming back Jim? JIM? JIIIIIIIIMMMMM?!?

Tom Buck for me today, helps the workday pass faster.
    Last edited by commonsenseman; 07-11-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

AS Dental Scotch today.

Strong and Smokey!

Ganga! Looks like I'll also mix it up a little this afternoon, afterall!

Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseman View Post
    Are you sure Jim would want us to swear off smoking in his absense? I mean, I just want to do what he would want......

It is a little weird not having him around though, you coming back Jim? JIM? JIIIIIIIIMMMMM?!?

Tom Buck for me today, helps the workday pass faster.
    It's not really about what he would want. I'm just having a tantrum.

How could he just leave us unsustained without our daily rant ration and nothing to do but housework?

How could he just abandon us?

So, now I'm left alone to self-sooth by playing with my china. Here's my porcelain Limoges Rochard "snuffboxes," and a mini Royal Albert bone china teacup for a snuff well. Hmm, there seems to be a pattern here...

I'm going to put HDT in the bone china teacup. I don't know what I'll put in the Rochards', and it may take me days of sampling and then resampling my snuffs to determine the best fit.

A woman's work is never done.

Last of the F&T Seville today - very nice stuff, and on my list to acquire. Thanks again, Mari - it was so good I needed no antique dishware in which to store it.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Last of the F&T Seville today - very nice stuff, and on my list to acquire. Thanks again, Mari - it was so good I needed no antique dishware in which to store it.
    I was actually thinking the same thing about storage. While Mari's antique storage-vessels are pretty darn cool, I have yet to have a "need" for additional storage. Perhaps my consumption rate is too rapid, or my purchases just can't keep up. Either way, I guess I need to stock up.

So Seville is pretty good eh? I'll tack some on to my next order.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Looks like someone will need a 250g tin of Seville quick, before he goes into withdrawal. BTW, it's sniffing, not snorting!

Checked the mail and looky here! Thank you, Terry! Glorious Moralaix, reunited with his stronger twin brother:

Yeah, I just get the Cope secret essence, and I know it well! Okay, I prefer Macouba - same essence but with rose notes.

And, just because I'm old, doesn't make my Limoge pillboxes antique!

Oooooh. I too know Copenhagen well - brings back bad memories, though. I'll stick with the Morlaix, thank you.

Young Fish

Long time lurker looking to get into snuff. Already tried a little. Started with some home made snuff using some dried out Peterson's Irish Flake I had lying around. Went on the hunt for some manufactured snuff at some of the "local" tobacconists. All I found was a couple of tins of Silver Dollar. I've been trying to get through this thread for quite some time now. Lot's of posts, lot's of info. I decided today to place an order at Mr. Snuff's. What should I get for shipping? El cheapo or the next level that I have to sign for but I get the tracking number?

Young Fish

Wait. NM. The signed is the international. *slaps forehead*

Quote Originally Posted by gernick View Post
    Long time lurker looking to get into snuff. Already tried a little. Started with some home made snuff using some dried out Peterson's Irish Flake I had lying around. Went on the hunt for some manufactured snuff at some of the "local" tobacconists. All I found was a couple of tins of Silver Dollar. I've been trying to get through this thread for quite some time now. Lot's of posts, lot's of info. I decided today to place an order at Mr. Snuff's. What should I get for shipping? El cheapo or the next level that I have to sign for but I get the tracking number?
    I always use the cheapest - gets here fast enough. Sometimes they have a shipping discount.

Use code mrsnuff01 at checkout for 10% off your order.