Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 128 of 185 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2763

Snuff - What's in your nose?

This is a discussion on Snuff - What's in your nose? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Thanks!...

Young Fish

Re: Snuff - What's in your nose?

Thanks!

Back to Dholakia Ganga - ahh, so sublime. Had my first Wilson of Sharrow Rose today and it was not at all what I was expecting. Didn't hate it - just didn't love it on first sniff - and mostly disappointing as I had waited and came to expect so much from it. Made the rounds with Friboug & Treyer's fine High Dry Toast, Seville and Macouba, also.

I was looking for spoons, and found the "Hoover" for Terry's Tom Buck and Brian's Morlaix: http://snuffgear.com/index.php?main_...roducts_id=117

Okay, now is this "Snuff Kit" really for snuff?
    http://snuffgear.com/index.php?main_...roducts_id=248

They also sell scales - useful for measuring those samples and safes - I'm guessing Nick has one for his Abraxus!

Quote Originally Posted by gernick View Post
    Thanks!
    Welcome to Puff - and snuff!
    Last edited by TTecheTTe; 07-14-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Er999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    Okay, now is this "Snuff Kit" really for snuff?
    http://snuffgear.com/index.php?main_...roducts_id=248
    Given half of what I know (which is rather basic I'm afraid) the answer to the above is most possibly a big fat NO!!

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Ever since I started up with this little divertissement, I've used a 10g tin for daily storage/portage/usage. If I'm not mistaken, it's the tin I got my first order of Tom Buck in. The nostalgia...

However, I've long wanted something a little heavier, classier, shinier (!) in which to carry the day's ration. For those of you into snuff boxes and related gear, what would you recommend? I'd prefer something even slightly smaller, say the size and shape of a 5g tin, still some kind of metal, but am really open to everything. Quality of the seal is of uppermost importance, followed by how it fits in a pants pocket - the thinner the better. Something less than the 1/2" I'm using now would be ideal. I'm not into bullets of any sort, and don't care for tap boxes. I'm a pincher. You may recall - "... eyes to heaven..." and all that.

Ideas anyone, as I share, left side right side, another pinch or two of 6 Photo Cheeta (this sample is going a long way...)?
    Last edited by ProbateGeek; 07-15-2013 at 06:51 PM.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Ever since I started up with this little divertissement, I've used a 10g tin for daily storage/portage/usage. If I'm not mistaken, it's the tin I got my first order of Tom Buck in. The nostalgia...

However, I've long wanted something a little heavier, classier, shinier (!) in which to carry the day's ration. For those of you into snuff boxes and related gear, what would you recommend? I'd prefer something even slightly smaller, say the size and shape of a 5g tin, still some kind of metal, but am really open to everything. Quality of the seal is of uppermost importance, followed by how it fits in a pants pocket - the thinner the better. Something less than the 1/2" I'm using now would be ideal. I'm not into bullets of any sort, and don't care for tap boxes. I'm a pincher. You may recall - "... eyes to heaven..." and all that.

Ideas anyone, as I share, left side right side, another pinch or two of 6 Photo Cheeta (this sample is going a long way...)?
    You didn't like the "Hoover" snorter?

I've looked long and hard, and the only one I found is https://mistersnuff.com/catalog/snuf...el-p-1864.html

I wished I had got one on my first order, and plan on getting a couple on my next. They have some nice pewter ones, but are desk top models, which gave me the idea to use my pillboxes which were previously good for display purposes only.

Terry, I use these - Walgreens Pill Fob Assorted | Walgreens

They come in several colors, so I can throw a couple different ones in my lunchbox that I take to work (green is of course Hedges, black is currently Toque Cheese & Bacon, etc). They are aluminum, durable, and the top is threaded and has a rubber gasket, so they seal up tight. Cheap, and readily available at most drugstores. Probably larger than what you want, though.

Just had some ozona spearmint. This particular tin has been with me for approx. 2+ years and I have been snuffing on and off again (last time I took too much and got sick: more evidence that I'm a nicotine lightweight) Anyway as far as I can tell there's still like half a tin left, so it's taking me a while to get through it since I'm not a heavy snuffer just yet...I do have another tin (unopened) of Gletscherprise I might open it when I've exhausted the ozona spearmint.

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post

These aren't fancy, but are cheap, keep the snuff fresh and don't leak. https://mistersnuff.com/catalog/smas...8a981ab30d45a3 . They are out of the 5g snap boxes which are the most convenient size, but do have the 10g in stock. https://mistersnuff.com/catalog/smas...8a981ab30d45a3
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

These are pricey, but really beautiful. Been eyeing them for awhile myself...

Tabatieren

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

I forgot my snuff today!

Ohnozers!

About two hours till I can have a pipe.

I found a stashed tin of WOS Rosemary today, and while the scent had faded some from sitting for awhile, it was still very nice - provided you like rosemary up your nostrils...

Ozona spearmint this morning.

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

The past two work days I've forgotten to bring any snuff with me.

So, today I grabbed the whole 20gm tin of Hedges and stuffed it in my pocket, and have been stuffing HUGE pinches up my nose all morning.

Ahh! Hedges!

Finishing off the very last bits of some Irish High Toast #22 , as I'm waiting for my order from 7/7 to come in.......slowest shipping yet!
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

The only thing that saved me on the course today was a vial of Morocco. I forgot my pipe! Glad the wind wasn't blowing!

Still, I have yet to get any nicotine kick at all out of snuff.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney