Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 16 of 185 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Snuff - What's in your nose?

This is a discussion on Snuff - What's in your nose? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I've been mixing the Navy Plain with Honey Menthol lately. I like the flavor of the Honey Menthol, but the ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes WWhermit's Avatar

Re: Snuff - What's in your nose?

I've been mixing the Navy Plain with Honey Menthol lately. I like the flavor of the Honey Menthol, but the kick from the Navy Plain is missing. The Navy Plain by itself is very hard to take for me, being so dry and fine. The two together gives me the flavor I need, and the nicotine I enjoy!

WWhermit
    A person starts to live when he can live outside himself. -Albert Einstein
    My humble cellar.

Quote Originally Posted by Garin View Post
    I made a trip to my B&M today to pick up the big tubs of O&G. When I got there, however, I was informed that they had precisely two different kinds of snuff in stock: SP and Menthol. (the sad thing is, I believe they are likely the only store within possibly hundreds of miles to actually have snuff). I already have a tub of SP, so I picked up one of the menthol.

Good gravy that's a menthol punch! It's nice stuff though. It's not nearly as complicated as the O&G, but what it lacks in subtlety it makes up for in zing. It has no lack of zing.

Incidentally, I may have found my new favourite el-cheapo discreet snuff box: an empty contact lens container. Each half has enough for a few good pinches, and as a bonus you get two separate spots for two different kinds of snuff. I'm going to try this immediately.

Attachment 63256
    Great idea! I have a few of those on hand.
    Last edited by 36Bones; 01-10-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Contrabass Bry View Post
    Well, I just happend on to a trade with bullofspadez (Jay) and scored some tins of Toque: Toffee, Bourbon, Whisky & Honey, Cherry, Grapefruit, Toast & Marmalade & Natual Toast plus a box of G&H Strawberry.

Been putting quite a bit of the toffee up me nose, and I'm not getting much scent or nic action. My, but this stuff is fine! It does have a tendency to go to the back of the thoat.

Is it just me, or does the Toque base have a light "cat piss" aroma to it?

Pateintly awaiting my Mr. Snuff order to try some medicated snuff and some schmalzlers.
    If you can find some Jaxon,s Toffee, try that. Strong toffee scent that will still be with you an hour later. Another source of long lasting scents are the Indian snuffs if you like exotic scents. They last a long time in your nose. I like Rodney, but have to agree with you, a lot of his scents are weak and don't last long. Someone asked if Mr Snuff is the place to buy snuff. Yes. There are other European vendors, but Dave at Mrsnuff has been dedicated to serving the American market more than anyone else. He used to be located here until PACT regulations drove him overseas to Scotland. Without Rodney (Toque) and Dave (Mrsnuff) it would be very difficult to get snuff in the US and Canada, so we need to support them as much as we can.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

#1 McClelland apologist Contrabass Bry's Avatar

Thanks, Nick! I looked that one up before based on your earlier recommendation in this thread, but I could only find one e-tailer.

No matter, my small planetoid of snoff came last night! Now we're talkin'!

First off was a snootful of WoS SM Blue. The menthol and camphor was just the ticket and I appreciated the nice tobacco base! After that, I couldn't resist trying a couple nostrils full of Bernard Aecht Alt. Wow! What a surprize! I got scents/flavor similar to a fine single-orgin chocolate's floral properties.

Having fun and enjoying this quite a bit! I feared the "bloom was off the rose" after trying those Toque snuffs...

Yep, Aecht Alt is a nice one. I also love Zwiefacher with it's light menthol up front followed by, what to me smells like, chocolate covered cherries!

I agree with Nachman on several points as well, the Indian snuffs definitely last, I have Cheetah and Super Kailash and they are both pungent, but not always something I'm in the mood for, and support Toque and MrSnuff, those guys are great!
    The cake is a lie!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

DanR...thank you for the very nice assortment of Snuff! I appreciate it Brother! You blew me away with the selection!

As of now, it is just OK (Snuff in general)...it is taking some getting used to! However, so far...I seem to love the Lemon Grove the most. I need to give this sNuff some more time to grow on me!

Again, Dan...you went overboard brother...but I will enjoy it all! Thanks!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by quo155 View Post
    DanR...thank you for the very nice assortment of Snuff! I appreciate it Brother! You blew me away with the selection!

As of now, it is just OK (Snuff in general)...it is taking some getting used to! However, so far...I seem to love the Lemon Grove the most. I need to give this sNuff some more time to grow on me!

Again, Dan...you went overboard brother...but I will enjoy it all! Thanks!
    Tommy - I'm glad you like the package. I predict that nasal snuff will grow on you. I didn't take to them right away either, but now I take snuff every day.

On a side to everyone, I sent an e-mail note to Mr. Snuff (Dave) telling him about our thread. He is a reguar contributor on another snuff related forum, and I asked him to consider dropping by from time to time to banter with us too. We'll see if he takes us up on it.

Today is an O&G day for me...

My order from Mr. Snuff showed up. I ordered some nice ones to try out:

Fribourg & Treyer Bureau 25g
    Fribourg & Treyer Seville 25g
    Wilsons Ice Licorice 10g
    McChrystal's Mild Lemon 4.4g
    Fribourg & Treyer Patchouli 25g
    Wilsons Honey Menthol 10g
    Fribourg & Treyer Old Paris 25g
    Wilsons Sandalwood 10g
    Fribourg & Treyer Santo Domingo 25g
    Wilsons Kendal Brown 25g

I haven't tried them all yet, but so far the Patchouli is my favorite. I feel like a hippie!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish mmiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    I haven't tried them all yet, but so far the Patchouli is my favorite. I feel like a hippie!
    I was going to order that too but HDT was higher up on my list, I take it that F&T makes excellent snuff from your order.
    Pipes, Cigars and Snuff

Snuffing the Rooster this afternoon.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by mmiller View Post
    I was going to order that too but HDT was higher up on my list, I take it that F&T makes excellent snuff from your order.
    Yes, I really like them. I think it's all made by Wilson's of Sharrow, but there is something about the grind and the scents that I really like about F&T. Morocco is my favorite, but the Patchouli and Old Paris are close seconds. Plus the tins have a nice screw top that keeps the snuff from making a big mess when you open them.

Puffer Fish with many spikes WWhermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    Snuffing the Rooster this afternoon.
    Ah, the mental picture from that line!

Mix of Honey Menthol and Navy Plain again for me.

WWhermit
    A person starts to live when he can live outside himself. -Albert Einstein
    My humble cellar.

Puffer Fish with some spikes jtree26's Avatar

My latest Mr. Snuff order arrived yesterday so I've been trying out some new stuff. Really enjoying Toque Lime Toast, and Xmas Pudding.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish mmiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jtree26 View Post
    My latest Mr. Snuff order arrived yesterday so I've been trying out some new stuff. Really enjoying Toque Lime Toast, and Xmas Pudding.
    Still waiting on my order, how long does it usually take to get in?
    Pipes, Cigars and Snuff

Quote Originally Posted by mmiller View Post
    Still waiting on my order, how long does it usually take to get in?
    Mine was remarkably fast this time - 8 days from order to mailbox. However, most of my orders take about two weeks. I'm sure the biggest chunk of that is sitting in customs.

Page 16 of 185 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 116 ... LastLast