Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 185 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Snuff - What's in your nose?

This is a discussion on Snuff - What's in your nose? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; all I have for now is W.E. Garrett Scotch Snuff. It is pretty good, but I'm still debating about making ...

Re: Snuff - What's in your nose?

all I have for now is W.E. Garrett Scotch Snuff. It is pretty good, but I'm still debating about making an order from across the pond.
    http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25414&dateline=129929  7715

Only snuff I took today is something that I made some time ago...Pipe tobacco, forget the type. There is some added cocoa,and coffee , also something I can't quit put my finger on. Its ok just not something I would say is an all day snuff. Huh...now I have a craving for some WoS Irish Coffee.

Toque Lime Toast for me today. Good thing I took a quick snuff before I went to the grocery store today. I needed to take the edge off before I went to that madhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by WWhermit View Post

Nach, which brand of Navy snuff do you use, and if I may ask, how long will snuff stay fresh in the tin?

WWhermit
    Navy Plain is an American Scotch made by Swisher. Longevity of snuff depends on the type and the container. English snuffs will loose freshness more rapidly as they are moistened by water. German snuffs last longer as they are oil based. American Scotches will last until the tin disintegrates. I put my schmalzlers in 4 oz mason jars. English snuffs I am not using I put in freezer bags (in the tin) in the freezer. American Scotches I leave out. Snuffs will last longer in the tin than you would think though.
    On another subject, several have said the Toque scents don't last long in their noses. Rodrick, who makes Toque is one of the nicest guys around, but several of his snuffs don't last in the nose. If you want scents that last a loooong time, try Indian Snuffs, however the longest lasting scent I have ever tried is an English snuff, Jaxon's Toffee.
    Last edited by Nachman; 11-20-2011 at 08:26 PM.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Samuel Gawith Scotch Black - an amazing snuff, stout and very tobacco-y... which I realize seems silly to say, but it really is. Almost reminds me of the scent of FVF, but not quite. Love it almost as much, though!

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Another pinch of O&G after my RY. Its official, this is my favorite.

Today I've been alternating between Wilson's of Sharrow Lemon Grove and Gawith Apricot.

Woohoo, order was waiting for me when I got home:

Toque Christmas Pudding, McChrystal's Hops, Gawith Hoggarth English Rose, Gawith Hoggarth Sandalwood, Wilsons Tom Buck Extra, McChrystal's Original & Genuine, Toque Spanish Gem, Poschl Ozona Orange, Fribourg & Treyer Bordeaux and Fribourg & Treyer Old Paris. I also got a small snuff container and a 50g pouch of Condor.
    The cake is a lie!

Quote Originally Posted by BrewShooter View Post
    Woohoo, order was waiting for me when I got home:

Toque Christmas Pudding, McChrystal's Hops, Gawith Hoggarth English Rose, Gawith Hoggarth Sandalwood, Wilsons Tom Buck Extra, McChrystal's Original & Genuine, Toque Spanish Gem, Poschl Ozona Orange, Fribourg & Treyer Bordeaux and Fribourg & Treyer Old Paris. I also got a small snuff container and a 50g pouch of Condor.
    Wow, now that's a nice order. I really want to hear about the Sandalwood, Bordeaux, and Old Paris. I've tried the others, and I think you did well in selecting some nice snuffs there!!

Well, I tried a little pinch of each of the four unsealed tins, Spanish Gem and Christmas Pudding are probably at the top of my favorites from Toque. Bordeaux was a floral scent that reminded me a bit of the Toque Berwick Brown, but smoother, really nice. Old Paris, WOW, I really need more time with this one. I've heard the terms antique store, bookshop, leather thrown around and they were right on the money. I think this might become a bit of a personal favorite!!!

I plan on sampling the English Rose and the Sandalwood tomorrow. They are the only two that came in tap boxes and it seems like that, while convenient, they might have a tendency to dry out quicker. So, I'd like to get to them sooner rather than later.
    The cake is a lie!

Frederick Tranter Cotswold for me today. It's very floral. Snuff reviews says lavender - maybe, I don't confess to know my flower scents all that well. I do detect some of the bergamot scents in there too. This is a nice one.

I'm expecting a bunch of new snuffs in my mr snuff shipment any day now. Can't wait!

RR Mills Plain this morning. It is a close cousin to my normal Navy Plain.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Variables's Avatar

I always have a tin of Ozona President or Hedges with me. I have tons others around, but these two are my all time favorites.

Tried a little more of the Old Paris this morning, good stuff!
    The cake is a lie!

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

A bit of x-mas pudding on the way to class.

Page 2 of 185 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast