Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 185 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Snuff - What's in your nose?

This is a discussion on Snuff - What's in your nose? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by keen smoke McChrystal's Hopfen Schnupf - definitely a favorite. Dunno why, but it hits the spot most ...

Re: Snuff - What's in your nose?

Quote Originally Posted by keen smoke View Post
    McChrystal's Hopfen Schnupf - definitely a favorite. Dunno why, but it hits the spot most especially at this time of year.
    I really love the Hopfen as well. It's good stuff!

I'm still waiting for my Mr Snuff order to come (should be here any day now), so until then I'm enjoying this WOS crumbs of comfort, and I alternate in with FT Cotswold once in a while.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Garin's Avatar

My contact lens case "snuff box" performed beautifully today! It was very handy to have a couple of different snuffs in a very convenient little case. I enjoyed SG's black coffee earlier on, and switched to McChrystal's Menthol later in the day. Man that stuff is ferocious.

This evening, I had a few pinches of O&G. I'm barely more than a week into the snuff and I'm already catching myself "saving" the O&G. It's amazing how fast that became my favourite.

I played Planes, Trains, and Automobiles all day today. Luckily I had some nice snuffs along to help me make it through the day. Tooted a little WOS lemon grove, followed by some WOS Grand Cairo.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish smokinmojo's Avatar

Poschl's Jubilaums Prise.

My latest MrSnuff.com order came in yesterday!!!! Huzzah!!!!
    The cake is a lie!

Puffer Fish with many spikes WWhermit's Avatar

I've really been enjoying Samuel Gawith's M4X lately. It's a medicated snuff, and really helps to clear the passages with this stuffiness lately.

Also, I broke down and made another order from mrsnuff.com yesterday. It included:

1 x McChrystal's Original & Genuine 8.75g (MCC03 = $3.59
    1 x McChrystal's Anisette 4.4g (MCC004) = $1.99
    1 x Wilsons Tom Buck Extra 10g (WILS0327) = $2.56
    1 x Wilsons Lemon Grove 5g (WILS0165) = $1.64
    1 x Wilsons Crumbs of Comfort 5g (WILS085) = $1.64
    1 x Poschl Ozona Cherry 5g (POS023) = $3.95
    1 x Poschl Gawith Apricot 10g (POS00 = $2.89
    1 x Poschl Gletcher Prise 10g (POS011) = $3.65
    1 x Wilsons Honey Menthol 5g (WILS0115) = $1.64
    1 x Wilsons Ice Lemon 5g (WILS0116) = $1.64
    1 x Poschl Snuffy Weiss 5g (POS041) = $3.45
    1 x J & H Wilsons SP No1 8g (JH005) = $2.19

Can't wait for them to get here!

WWhermit
    A person starts to live when he can live outside himself. -Albert Einstein
    My humble cellar.

The Honey Menthol is good stuff. You should have gotten a 25g.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

WWhermit - That looks like a terrific order. Lots of 5g samples to try out. I'm especially interested in the Honey Menthol now, so let us know what you think about it. I'm also curious about lemon ice - it just sounds good!

I had some 6 Photo Anarkali today (I mislabeled it as Dholakia in an earlier post). It's a strong floral snuff worth every penny...

Puffer Fish with some spikes jtree26's Avatar

I'm enjoying some Toque Berwick Brown, which might be my favorite Toque offering so far.

So hard to know what to order in a larger size. You just never know what you're going to like. In my latest order I've got a couple of Indian snuffs, Dholakia Sparrow Cool along with 6 Photo Cheetah and Super Kailash. All three are completely different from any of the European or American snuffs, really great. I've also got a couple of Bernard Schmalzlers and am loving them.
    The cake is a lie!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Garin's Avatar

Tonight it's a SG black coffee night. I tried a bit of McChrystal's menthol earlier, but it just wasn't doing the trick for me.

I'm rationing my little tin of O&G... I will be ordering a good deal more of that very soon, I think. I may indulge a little later on tonight, we'll see

Just ordered some tobacco from Lil Brown. There were a few tins of pipe tobacco, some General snus, and 2 tins of W.E. Garrett snuff included. I especially can't wait for the snuff, and the snus should be good too. I've been wanting both for a while now.

…But I must say I'm kind of hoping I hate it. Then I wont have to buy more tins, and try the european snuff. You guys are a bad influence.
    "But when I don't smoke I scarcely feel as if I'm living. I don't feel as if I'm living unless I'm killing myself." —Russell Hoban

Quote Originally Posted by jfserama View Post
    …But I must say I'm kind of hoping I hate it. Then I wont have to buy more tins, and try the european snuff. You guys are a bad influence.
    Looks like you are headed down another slope with the rest of us! The Garret is a little tricky IMO. It is extremely fine, so be careful with your first few sniffs - it can tend to go past the nostrils and into the throat if you sniff too strongly. It has a nice smokey flavor, and its very different from the european snuffs. Anyway, enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by jfserama View Post
    Just ordered some tobacco from Lil Brown. There were a few tins of pipe tobacco, some General snus, and 2 tins of W.E. Garrett snuff included. I especially can't wait for the snuff, and the snus should be good too. I've been wanting both for a while now.

You still have to buy the European snuff. It is a very different experience. Garrett is pretty stout for a beginner. I use quite a bit of snuff, and only go through one 1.15 oz American Scotch a month. Snuff is the cheapest tobacco you can use. A little gos a long way. You should try some of the English and German snuffs. They are easier to take and much easier on the nose. Edit: Oops, DanR beat me to it.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Looks like you are headed down another slope with the rest of us! The Garret is a little tricky IMO. It is extremely fine, so be careful with your first few sniffs - it can tend to go past the nostrils and into the throat if you sniff too strongly. It has a nice smokey flavor, and its very different from the european snuffs. Anyway, enjoy!
    Thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    You still have to buy the European snuff. It is a very different experience. Garrett is pretty stout for a beginner. I use quite a bit of snuff, and only go through one 1.15 oz American Scotch a month. Snuff is the cheapest tobacco you can use. A little gos a long way. You should try some of the English and German snuffs. They are easier to take and much easier on the nose. Edit: Oops, DanR beat me to it.
    See, this is what I meant by bad influence… Guess I will have to place a Mr. Snuff order sometime soon. But honestly, thank you both for the advice. It's going to be a fun slope to slide down.
    "But when I don't smoke I scarcely feel as if I'm living. I don't feel as if I'm living unless I'm killing myself." —Russell Hoban

Page 4 of 185 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast