Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 47 of 185 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 97 147 ... LastLast

Snuff - What's in your nose?

This is a discussion on Snuff - What's in your nose? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by freestoke He's already dusted me off. I liked it to the last time I tried it...like yesterday. ...

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Re: Snuff - What's in your nose?

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    He's already dusted me off. I liked it to the last time I tried it...like yesterday. One of these days, I'm going to order some Irish Rose. Sorta like the Ennerdale of snuff maybe?
    Jim, do you mean English Rose? If so, I can vouch for it. Not really anything like Ennerdale, not even close, but very good, nonetheless. It's my second favorite after the T-Buck. I cannot personally confirm the following, but hope it's true:

A floral-scented snuff called "English Rose" is provided for members of the British House of Commons at public expense due to smoking in the House being banned since 1693. A famous silver communal snuff box kept at the entrance of the House was destroyed in an air raid during World War II with a replacement being subsequently presented to the House by Winston Churchill.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Jim, do you mean English Rose? If so, I can vouch for it. Not really anything like Ennerdale, not even close, but very good, nonetheless. It's my second favorite after the T-Buck. I cannot personally confirm the following, but hope it's true:

A floral-scented snuff called "English Rose" is provided for members of the British House of Commons at public expense due to smoking in the House being banned since 1693. A famous silver communal snuff box kept at the entrance of the House was destroyed in an air raid during World War II with a replacement being subsequently presented to the House by Winston Churchill.
    Gack. I meant English Rose, I did, I was just experiencing vapor lock! I don't even LIKE "My Wild Irish Rose"! But yeah, the official snuff of Parliament...cool.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by karatekyle View Post
    I may have to take you up on that offer. I got a hell of a kick out of Tom Buck last time I tried it.
    Try mixing some O&G with Tom Buck. It's wonderful!

I've been enjoying Dragun snuff by Abraxus quite a bit lately. It is like a toast with a good bit of cinnamon added. It warms your nose from the inside.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish jaysalti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    I've been enjoying Dragun snuff by Abraxus quite a bit lately. It is like a toast with a good bit of cinnamon added. It warms your nose from the inside.
    Glad to see some info on this. I'd eyed it up as an interest to try. Love original Abraxas blend, so this will have to be added to the ever expanding list.
    Build a Sampler or Get a Blinder Here! http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/want-s...ur-choice.html

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish mmiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    We did that in the spring and it was pretty delicious
    Pipes, Cigars and Snuff

Just tried it - I do admit it is a great improvement over plain O&G (I'm not really a fan of the menthol, probably from my Skoal days in Texas). The O&G pretty much overpowered the TB, but a little sniff of Dholakia White on top of the other two really mellowed it all out for me.

English Rose is next in the queue.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Puffer Fish with some spikes jtree26's Avatar

Toque Menthol, which might be becoming my favorite Toque variety.

Awaiting Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mmiller View Post
    We did that in the spring and it was pretty delicious
    Definitely. Very good.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish jaysalti's Avatar

I've had a steady rotation of Hedges, O&G, Crumbs, and Toque Original going for a few weeks now. Think the Macuba & Musino Tabak are due for a revisit...
    Build a Sampler or Get a Blinder Here! http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/want-s...ur-choice.html

Puffer Fish with some spikes Variables's Avatar

De Kralingse Limburgertabak: While I find their snuffs very pleasant, I find the grind a little tricky to work with. I feel they too dry for how coarse they are ground. Maybe if they were a little moister, or more finely ground... At any rate, this is very good. Kinda sweet. Reminds me of brown sugar.

Wilsons of Sharrow Honey Menthol.

I always carry a menthol (or minty) snuff of some sort. Hedges, Crumbs of Comfort Extra or Honey Menthol. This week it's the turn of the Honey Menthol. And Tom Buck.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Wilsons of Sharrow Honey Menthol.

I always carry a menthol (or minty) snuff of some sort. Hedges, Crumbs of Comfort Extra or Honey Menthol. This week it's the turn of the Honey Menthol. And Tom Buck.

This is a cool article: Blog Posts at Smoking Pipes .com
    I've got the mortar and pestle, but lack the cheese cloth. Hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    This is a cool article: Blog Posts at Smoking Pipes .com
    I've got the mortar and pestle, but lack the cheese cloth. Hmmmm....
    I for one will be leaving this to the professionals. With snuff here at about GBP2.50 for a large tin (25g), I simply couldn't justify making the effort for my tin a week habit. I'm also dubious about the quality of what you'd get homemade. Not so much in terms of the grid and sift, but the blend of tobaccos and flavourings. 200+ years of experience make a big difference. Although it does sound fun...

Today, I have been mostly sticking Samuel Gawith Chocolate Snuff up my nose.

Not one of my regular snuffs; got it as a try-out in a batch that arrived yesterday. Spent half the day today being driven mad trying to see where that lovely choccy smell was coming from.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Page 47 of 185 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 97 147 ... LastLast