Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 48 of 185 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 98 148 ... LastLast

Snuff - What's in your nose?

This is a discussion on Snuff - What's in your nose? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Tonight I'm having a bit of WOS Ice Liquorice...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish mmiller's Avatar

Re: Snuff - What's in your nose?

Tonight I'm having a bit of WOS Ice Liquorice
    Pipes, Cigars and Snuff

Trying out some FUBAR Doolali Tap snuff this morning. It is curry snuff. Nice burn and clears the nasal passages well. I think I like it.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Today, I have been mostly snuffing... Rose of Sharrow.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

No longer a community member.

I have some Gletscher Prise Extra. The first Snuff I have ever tried.

I was hopng to catch some sort of buzz from snuff but it looks like it's not doing it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by huskers View Post

I was hopng to catch some sort of buzz from snuff but it looks like it's not doing it for me.
    If you mean a nicotine buzz, there are loads that pack a real punch. Not tried Gletscher Prise, but from the name (Glacier Snuff) I assume it's a menthol snuff. I've not found any menthol ones that really are powerful in your sense; maybe give Friboug and Treyer Santo Domingo or High Dry Toast a go. Both are big on nicotine (IMHO). Not a big fan of the High Dry toast myself, but I do like the other.

Some of the American Scotch snuffs, like Navy Plain are high nicotine, but I think they have a high level of tobacco specific nitrosamines also, unlike European snuffs.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Have I just found me a candidate for some Tom Buck?
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Have I just found me a candidate for some Tom Buck?
    Tom Buck?

Sure I'll give it a go.

Tom Buck? Sure I'll give it a go.
    PM me your mailing address and I'll introduce you to a fine SP.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Tom Buck?

Sure I'll give it a go.
    +1 on the Tom Buck. A very fine strong SP and one of my regulars. Do try.

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    I for one will be leaving this to the professionals. With snuff here at about GBP2.50 for a large tin (25g), I simply couldn't justify making the effort for my tin a week habit. I'm also dubious about the quality of what you'd get homemade. Not so much in terms of the grid and sift, but the blend of tobaccos and flavourings. 200+ years of experience make a big difference. Although it does sound fun...

Today, I have been mostly sticking Samuel Gawith Chocolate Snuff up my nose.

Not one of my regular snuffs; got it as a try-out in a batch that arrived yesterday. Spent half the day today being driven mad trying to see where that lovely choccy smell was coming from.
    What's in my nose? Right now, Ennerdale.

Believe it or not.

Today, I have been mostly snuffing... Cherry Menthol.

New one for me. Rather more subtle than I imagined. Nice...

@Terry - Kudos for the bravery to stick Ennerdale up your beak. I suppose if you are going to try something like this, its a better bet than many. I'd imagine that it would be like an extreme SP once things had died down a bit from the drying process.

The Ennderdale snuffs exactly like it smokes, minus the tongue bite.
    It's got a distinct and quite noticeable sweetness to it that you don't notice as readily in the pipe. Plus it's got just a hint of a Virginia kick. Reminds me a lot of the English Rose, but not as smooth - which is also good.

Just did one flake - I'll to do up a larger batch next time.

Today, I have been mostly snuffing... Hedges.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Variables's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Today, I have been mostly snuffing... Hedges.
    Man I LOVE The Hedges. I pretty much prefer mentholated snuffs. The Hedges is one of the best, though these days I have been finding myself snuffin' Ozona President and Gletscher Prise quite a bit.

Page 48 of 185 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 98 148 ... LastLast