Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 5 of 185 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Snuff - What's in your nose?

This is a discussion on Snuff - What's in your nose? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Garrett Sweet & Mild was my first snuff. Great snuff, but definitely a bit of a challenge to take. The ...

Re: Snuff - What's in your nose?

Garrett Sweet & Mild was my first snuff. Great snuff, but definitely a bit of a challenge to take. The Indian snuffs in my last order are the same way, very dry and powdery. These schmalzlers on the other hand are super easy to snuff.
    The cake is a lie!

Jordan - if you'll PM me on Friday (not today because I am away from home and might forget) with your address, I have a few samples that I'll send you to try.

Maybe we need a Snuff MAW or Snuff Newbie Sampler thread. The tricky part is finding those little "dealer" sized ziplock baggies. Where do you buy those anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    The tricky part is finding those little "dealer" sized ziplock baggies. Where do you buy those anyway?
    I normally have those leftover fr...yeah, ya' know what, never mind!!!
    The cake is a lie!

Quote Originally Posted by BrewShooter View Post
    I normally have those leftover fr...yeah, ya' know what, never mind!!!
    Oh, I guess I should start holding onto them...

Thanks for the chuckle!

Dan, thank you. That's a great offer. Just another reason I love this forum! I will PM you then.

And Jason, glad to hear you like the snuff. I'm looking forward to trying it.

------------------------------------------------------------

But enough thread jacking… What's in your nose?
    "But when I don't smoke I scarcely feel as if I'm living. I don't feel as if I'm living unless I'm killing myself." —Russell Hoban

Puffer Fish with some spikes Garin's Avatar

G&H's Scented KB seems to be an excellent afternoon snuff.

Also, while a newbie sampler is always a good idea -- the little tins are so cheap that you can easily try a bunch with very little investment. I'm sure mrsnuff is fine, though I will add that I've had very good and very fast service from snuffstore.co.uk as well. My first order arrived in a week (UK to Canada) and was very reasonably priced.

Puffer Fish with many spikes WWhermit's Avatar

Jordan - if you'll PM me on Friday (not today because I am away from home and might forget) with your address, I have a few samples that I'll send you to try.

Maybe we need a Snuff MAW or Snuff Newbie Sampler thread. The tricky part is finding those little "dealer" sized ziplock baggies. Where do you buy those anyway?
    I got my dealer baggies at Staples. I think the ones I picked up were 2x3 inch. They're perfect at pipe and tobacco shows for taking a bowl or two's worth of sample tobacco at a time.

Regarding the Snuff MAW or sampler thread, I've PM'd a moderator here about adding a "Puff Snuff" section to puff.com. He said the mods are looking into it, but I haven't heard anything in a week. Hopefully they'll see enough action to warrant it's own section. Please mods!!!

WWhermit
    A person starts to live when he can live outside himself. -Albert Einstein
    My humble cellar.

Trying a little G&H English Rose this afternoon.
    The cake is a lie!

McChrystal's O&G - enough has been said about this snuff so I'll just say its definitely a favorite I return to often and keep stocked!

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keen smoke View Post
    McChrystal's O&G - enough has been said about this snuff so I'll just say its definitely a favorite I return to often and keep stocked!
    Same here! On the way to study at the library again. Microbiology

My newest Mr. Snuff order was waiting for me when I got home from traveling last night. I tried the Wilson's of Sharrow Apple first. Very mild apple flavoring sitting upon a nice tobacco base (which is why I like WOS snuffs). This morning I tried the WOS Berwick Brown. Interesting, but the jury is still out on the flavor of this one (for me anyway). I seem to get a little barnyard thing happening. I'm going to let it rest and come back later...

Next up F&T High Dry Toast and then WOS Strawberry at some point today.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Garin's Avatar

My newest Mr. Snuff order was waiting for me when I got home from traveling last night.
    Me too! Well except mine was from snuffstore.co.uk. But there it was waiting for me! Very exciting.

I started out with a little pinch of G&H English Rose. Wow, they're really not kidding about the rose in this one. I think I like it, but it will be an occasional snuff.

Next I had a little sniff of F&T Princes Special. This one tones the rose down, and adds in some other interesting perfumes as well. I also like the coarser, moist texture. Again, an occasional.

Later on, I had a more substantial dose of the SG KB Plain. This one is interesting, and surprisingly coarse. I actually picked a little stick out of the snuff before I sniffed. Nice though, It'll hit regular rotation.

Finally, I had the overall grand-slam winner for the evening: G&H Kendal Brown. Now *THIS* is good stuff. Dark, rich, earthy, and thoroughly enjoyable. This one joins O&G in my personal hall of fame.

Puffer Fish with some spikes jtree26's Avatar

I'm hitting the McCrystals O&G again tonight, definitely one of my faves.

Spent the day with Toque Christmas Pudding, a very nice snuff.
    The cake is a lie!

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrewShooter View Post
    Spent the day with Toque Christmas Pudding, a very nice snuff.
    I used to really love this snuff but now I just really like it. As its been sitting around, its lost the clove and nutmeg flavors. Its pretty much just cinnamon with a hint of pumpkin pie spice now. Wish that pumpkin pie spice didn't die off!

Page 5 of 185 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast