Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 52 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Snuff - What's in your nose?

This is a discussion on Snuff - What's in your nose? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Robert, thanks very much for the thorough, honest, and concise break down of the joys of snuff! I will give ...

Re: Snuff - What's in your nose?

Robert, thanks very much for the thorough, honest, and concise break down of the joys of snuff! I will give it a try as I believe the local tobbaccanist has a few available.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

The above individual has just won himself a handshake with one Mr. Tom Buck!
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

HAHA! I guess that pic is still on my profile?! LOL!

I very much appreciate the offer Terry! To be honest, I'm a little skeptical/skiddish about the idea, but as they say, "When in Rome..."

Thanks very much! I see you have quite the keg of the stuff to work through before it is all said and done. But be warned, this FiveStar general knows how to return a proper volley...

One thing I can't help but wonder is how some of the flavored snuffs might be used to pepper a bowl of moist tobacco before drying, much like seasoning meat before the grill. Hmmm...

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FiveStar View Post
    One thing I can't help but wonder is how some of the flavored snuffs might be used to pepper a bowl of moist tobacco before drying, much like seasoning meat before the grill. Hmmm...
    That is an interesting idea.

I've been told in the old days, pipe smokers would drop a pinch of snuff on a burning bowl to spice it up a bit in both flavor and nicotine.

Well, I'm gonna go ahead & try some of this snuff. I already suckered Terry into sending me a sample of Tom Buck.

If all goes well, I may have to submit a small order.....
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Quote Originally Posted by El wedo del milagro View Post
    That is an interesting idea.

I've been told in the old days, pipe smokers would drop a pinch of snuff on a burning bowl to spice it up a bit in both flavor and nicotine.
    I've known of adding a pinch of menthol snuff to a hand-rolled, herbal tobacco-substitute cigarette to cool things down a bit (You know - the kind you inhale and hold in your lungs longer than a regular cigarette).

There is a time and place for everything... And it's when you're at University.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Re SNUFF BLENDS Some of the more traditional blends are as complex and nuanced as the finest pipe tobaccos.
    I dare the Ennerdale Flake enthusiasts and (particularly) non-enthusiasts to try Fribourg & Treyer Macouba Snuff. Now THAT'S a whore's handbag of a blend.

Today, I have been mostly snuffing... SG Almond.

Bit of a drift into solipsism to quote myself...

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Okay, so it's not QUITE a 5 gallon container. Still. . .

. . . at 260 grams it's a LOT of Tom Buck. Getting through it, one sniff at a time!
    Yikes. That's more than a little bit o snuff there. I just placed an order for my first snuff. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

And you ain't kiddin'. I've snuffed and snuffed, and sent quite a bit out, and think I'm still above the top of the round sticker on the side. I may be set for the rest of the decade... :snuff:
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

I received my package and now I understand.

I've prided myself on my willpower, but I can't imagine not getting addicted to snuff.

We should delete this thread before we create anymore addicts, or worse, create a shortage and limit our supplies!

Quote Originally Posted by El wedo del milagro View Post
    I received my package and now I understand.

I've prided myself on my willpower, but I can't imagine not getting addicted to snuff.

We should delete this thread before we create anymore addicts, or worse, create a shortage and limit our supplies!
    Yeah, you're probably right.

BUT UNTIL THEN:

Three snuff bombs leaving my office (two yesterday, one today), heading out to:

freestoke: Ennerdale Snuff (patent pending), Tom Buck refill (hee hee!)
    FiveStar: a small variety - Tom Buck, McChrystal's O&G, Fribourg & Treyer Morocco, Dholakia White (oh yes I did!), maybe one more...
    commonsenseman: Tom Buck, probably at least a month's worth

Enjoy, gentlemen!

When I first heard about this nasal snuff thing, I heard it was quite addictive. Maybe I just haven't been at it long enough (it's been about 7 months), but I only use it when I remember to (I usually forget I'm walking around with some). I keep waiting to feel the need, but never do. For what that's worth...

ProboscisGeek strikes again.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Yeah, you're probably right.

BUT UNTIL THEN:

Three snuff bombs leaving my office (two yesterday, one today), heading out to:

FiveStar: a small variety - Tom Buck, McChrystal's O&G, Fribourg & Treyer Morocco, Dholakia White (oh yes I did!), maybe one more...
    commonsenseman: Tom Buck, probably at least a month's worth

Enjoy, gentlemen!

When I first heard about this nasal snuff thing, I heard it was quite addictive. Maybe I just haven't been at it long enough (it's been about 7 months), but I only use it when I remember to (I usually forget I'm walking around with some). I keep waiting to feel the need, but never do. For what that's worth...
    Well, in that case I take back all of the terrible things I said about you.....

I'm looking forward to trying some of this Tom Buck stuff, hopefully I enjoy it as much as you do.

You somehow forgot to send me your address, so I can send you something in return!
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Welcome all who are new to this pleasure to a new method of enjoying tobacco! And kudos to the generous Bombers who have supplied the necessary prod to get you started. You have much to explore...

I apologize for not yet having perfected a matter transporter so I am unable to provide samples from my large stock and range.

(My late father-in-law was a highly intelligent and strange man - at one time he obsessively tinkered about with high voltage discharges in his workshop and succeeded in making small bits of metal disappear. He claimed - and showed the maths; perhaps flawed - that it was either matter transportation or time travel - which amount to much the same thing. His wife stopped him because "It made too much mess". But for her we would have reached the stars. My wife witnessed the experiments.)

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    ProboscisGeek strikes again.
    Nice, Jim. Really.

Page 52 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 102 152 ... LastLast