Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 55 of 185 FirstFirst ... 5 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 105 155 ... LastLast

Snuff - What's in your nose?

This is a discussion on Snuff - What's in your nose? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by commonsenseman Received my "sample" of Tom Buck from Terry, and by sample I mean a metric ton. ...

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Re: Snuff - What's in your nose?

Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseman View Post
    Received my "sample" of Tom Buck from Terry, and by sample I mean a metric ton. You weren't kidding, I bet this is a month supply.

Tried a little last night

Thanks a ton Terry! Your 1792 is finally going out in the mail today!
    It should be only the first snuff or two that makes you go . Have a little Early Grey with it - to soothe your frazzled nerves....
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    It should be only the first snuff or two that makes you go . Have a little Early Grey with it - to soothe your frazzled nerves....
    Dang, I kinda like that burn. This stuff is ridiculously good, I will try that combo as soon as I pick up some Earl Grey.

Well, you got me. I had a feeling I'd like snuff & I was right. Here's the order I just submitted.

1 x McChrystal's Hops 8.75g
    1 x Wilsons Tom Buck Extra 10g
    1 x Swisher Navy Plain 30g
    1 x Samuel Gawith Dr.Verey Plus 10g
    1 x McChrystal's Original & Genuine 4.4g
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Dang, I kinda like that burn. This stuff is ridiculously good, I will try that combo as soon as I pick up some Earl Grey.

Well, you got me. I had a feeling I'd like snuff & I was right. Here's the order I just submitted.

1 x Wilsons Tom Buck Extra 1,000g
    Fixed.

Sheez - I think I've contributed to another's downfall. I'm going to hell...
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Fixed.

Ha, nice fix. I'm already regretting ordering such small quantities. Next time.....
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

1 x Wilsons Tom Buck Extra 10g
    Please remember to post your opinion/review on the McCrystals Hops snuff (and the Dr Verey and any others you fancy). I was tempted to give it a try but my normal supplier doesn't have it. (btw - I must be particularly gormless today. I was taken in by the 1000g Tom Buck edit. Doesn't seem that unreasonable to me...)

For me, SG Almond. Highly recommended; powdered marzipan - give it a go. And I still get the burn after more than 30 years of snuff taking so no need to despair. Try Sturco (McCrystals??). Go for ze burrn, Ahnold.
    Last edited by steinr1; 11-20-2012 at 02:04 PM.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Please remember to post your opinion/review on the McCrystals Hops snuff (and the Dr Verey and any others you fancy). I was tempted to give it a try but my normal supplier doesn't have it. (btw - I must be particularly gormless today. I was taken in by the 1000g Tom Buck edit. Doesn't seem that unreasonable to me...)

For me, SG Almond. Highly recommended; powdered marzipan - give it a go. And I still get the burn after more than 30 years of snuff taking so no need to despair. Try Sturco (McCrystals??). Go for ze burrn, Ahnold.
    I shall post reviews of all of them, whether positive or negative. I'm very excited to try the Hops, & the Navy Plain. If my pipe tobacco preferences are any indication, I think I'll enjoy dry American snuffs.

The Cheese stands alone Commander Quan's Avatar

Back to the SG Scotch today.
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!

Finishing off the evening with Samuel Gawith Chocolate Snuff. Heavy, rich, big nicotine and deliciously chocolatey. A perfect nighttime snuff. A MUST TRY SNUFF.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Finishing off the evening with Samuel Gawith Chocolate Snuff. Heavy, rich, big nicotine and deliciously chocolatey. A perfect nighttime snuff. A MUST TRY SNUFF.
    You had me at "big nicotine" - you had me at "big nicotine"...

Fixed.

Personally, I think you should get a commission Terry, from all the manufacturers.

Whew... Forty-five minutes work at my little Williams-Sonoma mortar & pestle -

Just to get a good sample of ProbateGeek's Original & Genuine Flakeless Ennerdale Snuff©.
    For you, Andrew! I now know why Wilsons of Sharrow uses the big boys...

Oh, and fresh Ennerdale snuff for me tonight.
    Last edited by ProbateGeek; 11-21-2012 at 01:52 AM.

Donning my hazmat suit, , I just opened a suspicious envelope from Oregon that arrived yesterday, finding two containers, one labeled with felt tip pen "Tom Buck", the other with a handsome label reading "Ennerdale". Investigation will continue with "Ennerdale" when I take my morning ablutions.
    Last edited by freestoke; 11-21-2012 at 08:46 AM.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Whew... Forty-five minutes work at my little Williams-Sonoma mortar & pestle -

Just to get a good sample of ProbateGeek's Original & Genuine Flakeless Ennerdale Snuff©.
    I'm amazed how much Ennerdale looks like Grape Nuts Flakes when you grind it up.

Wow, that's a lot of work, Terry! I know what you mean, though, mortar and pestle is one of the most demanding kitchen tools out there. One can understand how prepared spiced found a market after you've ground up some spices for some recipe or another -- it takes me an hour to put together a breakfast sausage I make, half an hour of it grinding the stupid seeds, sticks and leaves.

Whoa, that's a lot of work! Is Ennerdale that good as a snuff?

I have to admit, I ground up a little 1792 to try as snuff. It's not bad, hard to get finely ground enough though.

I'm here to report that that Terry's Ennerdale Toast is just about the most stick-to-your olfactory bulb I've encountered. The snuff I've tried to date, which is pretty limited, don't have a lasting impact, so to speak. I did this Ennerdale an hour ago and I still feel like my nose is in the jar of Ennerdale Flake. Pretty impressive!

All hail Terry, Master of Mortar and Pestle!

Page 55 of 185 FirstFirst ... 5 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 105 155 ... LastLast