Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 59 of 185 FirstFirst ... 9 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 109 159 ... LastLast

Snuff - What's in your nose?

This is a discussion on Snuff - What's in your nose? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by ProbateGeek You funny. I need a walkthrough on how to do this... I fear that my appetite ...

Re: Snuff - What's in your nose?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post

You funny.
    I need a walkthrough on how to do this... I fear that my appetite for this snuff will surpass your production capabilities!

I wonder what it's like to snuff a Balkan?
    Never trust anyone over 30.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Ooooh. Penzance snuff?
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

I fell asleep last night with Lakeland still very much dominating my nostrils - this morning, it's still there, albeit in a softer way. Every breath has a faintly sweet, faintly floral undertone to it.

Now I'm serious about the lb/month program. Terry, get to grinding that snuff!

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    Terry, this is sublime.

It's like somebody shoved a hot pepper and a flower arrangement into my brain.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

It's like somebody shoved a hot pepper and a flower arrangement into my brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    The part that I find so odd is that you seem to enjoy the "hot pepper up your nose" sensation. I've accidentally had some hot pepper up my nose, in the tragic sniffing debacle of '99......I can assure you, it is NOT pleasant.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseman View Post
    The part that I find so odd is that you seem to enjoy the "hot pepper up your nose" sensation. I've accidentally had some hot pepper up my nose, in the tragic sniffing debacle of '99......I can assure you, it is NOT pleasant.
    It was... Interesting. Terry warned me, but I wasn't prepared. Slow burn at first, which had me questioning what was actually happening. Then - BAM! Hot. Then more hot. But it was a good hot!

It was... Interesting. Terry warned me, but I wasn't prepared. Slow burn at first, which had me questioning what was actually happening. Then - BAM! Hot. Then more hot. But it was a good hot!
    Sexy
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Sexy
    I'm really disappointed in myself for not wording things differently.

-1 for me.

Just took my first hit of O&G. Holy crap this stuff is......awesome! So refreshing!

I like O&G!

Just took my first hit of O&G. Holy crap this stuff is......awesome! So refreshing!
    Crank it up another notch with Sturco.

I think Hedges has a slight edge oin O&G as regards the menthol hit but O&G is more "tobacco-y". Ye pays your money...
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Today, I have been mostly snuffing... Sharrow Honey Menthol.

A nice alternative to Hedges as is Sharrow's Cherry Menthol. I've only had one tin of the Cherry Menthol so far but it is definitely on my shopping list for the next order. More subtle than you might expect.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Got an order in today! Old Paris and Santo Domingo.

Old Paris, welll.... I'm on the fence. Seems the same base tobacco as the Morroco that Terry sent, but with a funny sweet twist. Must snuff again..

Santo Domingo is THA SHIIIIIT! Dark Fired Indian leaf base that reminded me of the "Dark Flake" Snuff I mixed up myself, but sweeter, smoother. Kinda like lighting a cigar in a big leather chair with a glass of rum. Awesome! A bit coarse and moist is my only knock.

Okay - God help me - I'm curious. Good noob snuff? Sources? Everything that I google up seems to be over the pond.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Quote Originally Posted by Desertlifter View Post
    Okay - God help me - I'm curious. Good noob snuff? Sources? Everything that I google up seems to be over the pond.
    Brian, to the best of my ability, I've found that the only true distribution here in the US is through the one place that's importing Gawith & Hoggarth pipe tobacco. They distribute G&H and McChrystals snuff as well as Wilsons of Sharrow, if I remember correctly. And maybe Oliver Twist.

Also to the best of my ability, I can't find a single online retailer who's selling it here in the US. You'll probably have to order from overseas unless you want some samples.

Page 59 of 185 FirstFirst ... 9 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 109 159 ... LastLast