Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 64 of 185 FirstFirst ... 14 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 114 164 ... LastLast

Snuff - What's in your nose?

This is a discussion on Snuff - What's in your nose? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by commonsenseman Mister Snuff, comes from the UK, but shipping is surprisingly fast. If you would like to ...

Re: Snuff - What's in your nose?

Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseman View Post
    Mister Snuff, comes from the UK, but shipping is surprisingly fast.

If you would like to try a few things, I'd be more than happy to share some of mine. I don't have a huge selection, but I could at least give you a push.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    No danger - well, at least not until you put your mailing address back up.

Oh I will not post this address publicly on the site; I need to hide it from Sandy Claws and his psychotic henchman (as well as other vital information).

However, I am intrigued. hmm...perilous quest indeed.
    Editing and deleting are two different things. You edit a whole by deleting a part; you cannot edit a part by deleting it. Webster can clear this up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jphank View Post
    After watching the SG factory on How It's Made, I'm gonna buy some chocolate and strawberry snuff

I'm loving the F&T so far!
    You will LOVE the Chocolate Snuff. It's rapidly becoming one of my favourites. It is big on Vitamin N, however. I must say that I haven't really gotten on that well with the pure fruit snuffs. Seems a bit "wrong" to me somehow. But then again the chocolate one should also fall into that trap. It don't.

F&T blends are some of my touchstones. They are rich and complex traditional snuffs all. I wouldn't be without Bordeaux. The burn is exquisite. I think their Macouba is one of the finest snuffs made. It is floral madness, but the complexity... Have you tried either? (yet)
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Today, I have been mostly snuffing... Crumbs of Comfort.

Refreshing and not too much nicotine. Good for shoveling in your beak all day long at work. And I have.

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Based on your ratings, I'd recommend you try Fribourg & Treyer Kendal Brown. An SP like Tom Buck, but more subtle and richer, relies more on the tobacco than the aromatics. I'd also have recommended F&T High Dry Toast based on your rating of the The Swisher Navy Plain, but your comments on the next one gave me pause. It is a dry, fine grind plain snuff, but it does have a good deal of smokiness. It was recommended to me by a fellow English (well, Scottish) snuffer who derided my taste for scented snuffs. As the O&G is an obvious hit, try Hedges if you have not yet. It is THE menthol snuff IMHO. Wilson's of Sharrow Honey Menthol is a nice alternative menthol snuff with a bit of a lift from the subtle honey scent. I've yet to find a snuff taker who didn't like it.
    I'll definitely be trying Hedges & Honey Menthol & will probably try Kendal Brown eventually. Not sure about Toasts yet, I'll have to see if "smoky" grows on me. It's not the same kind of Smoky as in a American Scotch, is it?

Snuffing O&G to get me through the work day, planning to have some Tom Buck on the way home to get me through traffic.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

I'm watching you.

I only have F&T Seville right now. The orange oil is just delicious and really goes well with everything throughout my day. My breakfast this morning consisted of coffee and Seville until I went for brunch later, and the aroma of coffee and oranges was awesome
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseman View Post
    I'll definitely be trying Hedges & Honey Menthol & will probably try Kendal Brown eventually. Not sure about Toasts yet, I'll have to see if "smoky" grows on me. It's not the same kind of Smoky as in a American Scotch, is it?

Snuffing O&G to get me through the work day, planning to have some Tom Buck on the way home to get me through traffic.
    I'll do a review (of sorts) on F&T High Dry Toast while sampling some from a round Comoys of London pewter snuffbox (Do we now need to say from which box we are taking our snuff? Like which pipe we are using to smoke a particular blend? It could become rather dull. "I'm using a small metal snuff tin...").

A very light coloured, pale grayish tan, fine grind, dry snuff. Needs care and a bit of practice to take it correctly; otherwise the tendency is to inhale too deeply. Be gentle... Take it in small, repeated doses to sustain the pleasure. Mild burn which quickly fades leaving a clean smokey aroma - an outdoors smell like a good hardwood fire - with a strong, pure tobacco backbone. No added aroma ingredients at all. The warm glow of the nicotine creeps up on you; it is strong. Downside is it tends to make my nose run a bit. The middle to long-lasting aromas fade gracefully and gradually, keeping in character with the initial impression (unlike some florals which can fade in a rather artificial, chemical manner). This is pure, unadulterated, traditional snuff.

It took me a while and several returns to get into it properly. It was recommended by a friend who takes little else. I couldn't see why, but now I get it. Not my personal favourite, but definitely on the "keeper" list.
    Last edited by steinr1; 12-04-2012 at 05:32 PM.

F&T Morlaix in the morning. And then at lunch.

Good lord, what have I gotten myself into?
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcgreggor57 View Post
    LOL. Lies, all lies...
    Be that as it may, I suggest you have your Remington 700 Mountain Rifle clean and at the ready - I predict a decent size Buck coming your way shortly.

1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

So, what do you call it when a group gets together to enjoy some snuff?

A snerf?

1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

The Illusione Epernay was very good, the Emilio AF1 (how did I not know this was an AJ blend?) was even better, and the Illusione 88 was FANTASTIC.

I look forward to the Rodrigo, and dread the day the Tat gets burned up and is gone.

Thanks again, Andrew.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes sweater88's Avatar

I only have F&T Seville right now. The orange oil is just delicious and really goes well with everything throughout my day. My breakfast this morning consisted of coffee and Seville until I went for brunch later, and the aroma of coffee and oranges was awesome

Hey Jessica...Does David's have the Seville? I know they carry a few snuffs, if they have this one you talked me into going and getting some!
    "Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets"-----Ron Swanson

SG Black Coffee this morning, awesome way to wake up!
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

That sounds delightful. I have been contemplating adding some WOS Chocolate Orange on to my next order. Everybody seems to love F&T though, I may just have to add something of theirs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    I'll do a review (of sorts) on F&T High Dry Toast while sampling some from a round Comoys of London pewter snuffbox (Do we now need to say from which box we are taking our snuff? Like which pipe we are using to smoke a particular blend? It could become rather dull. "I'm using a small metal snuff tin...").

A very light coloured, pale grayish tan, fine grind, dry snuff. Needs care and a bit of practice to take it correctly; otherwise the tendency is to inhale too deeply. Be gentle... Take it in small, repeated doses to sustain the pleasure. Mild burn which quickly fades leaving a clean smokey aroma - an outdoors smell like a good hardwood fire - with a strong, pure tobacco backbone. No added aroma ingredients at all. The warm glow of the nicotine creeps up on you; it is strong. Downside is it tends to make my nose run a bit. The middle to long-lasting aromas fade gracefully and gradually, keeping in character with the initial impression (unlike some florals which can fade in a rather artificial, chemical manner). This is pure, unadulterated, traditional snuff.

It took me a while and several returns to get into it properly. It was recommended by a friend who takes little else. I couldn't see why, but now I get it. Not my personal favourite, but definitely on the "keeper" list.
    Thanks for the review! Now I HAVE to at least give it a try, your review makes it sound wonderful.

Now that I see how this works! I've been far too stingy with my nostrils.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

The Illusione Epernay was very good, the Emilio AF1 (how did I not know this was an AJ blend?) was even better, and the Illusione 88 was FANTASTIC.

I look forward to the Rodrigo, and dread the day the Tat gets burned up and is gone.

Thanks again, Andrew.
    I'm a pretty experienced snuff user, but I think these would defeat even me.

As an alternative to these rather coarse milled snuffs:

Today, I have been mostly snuffing... F&T Old Paris. Every F&T order should have some of this on it.
    Last edited by steinr1; 12-05-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Page 64 of 185 FirstFirst ... 14 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 114 164 ... LastLast