Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 68 of 185 FirstFirst ... 18 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 118 168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2763

Snuff - What's in your nose?

This is a discussion on Snuff - What's in your nose? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Just read some interesting information in an article at Metabolism and Disposition Kinetics of Nicotine I promise this won't be ...

Re: Snuff - What's in your nose?

Just read some interesting information in an article at Metabolism and Disposition Kinetics of Nicotine

I promise this won't be another rant on nicotine addiction or the lack of it...

Apparently, oral snuff (can I also assume nasal snuff?) is buffered to an alkaline PH to aid absorption of the nicotine which occurs slower than if tobacco is smoked. Is tobacco acid or alkaline? I believe the smoke is alkaline, but nor sure about the raw material. I think that raw tobacco leaves are acid before curing. But I may well have this on its head.

This might explain some of the comment (I think) on Ennerdale Flake used for snuffing. I think that it's been said that it doesn't have much of a nicotine kick. Again, I'm often wrong...

And I've also noticed that this thread has gone over the 1000 post milestone. Huzzah! Everyone have some snuff to celebrate.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    And I've also noticed that this thread has gone over the 1000 post milestone. Huzzah! Everyone have some snuff to celebrate.
    Must have been picking that up by osmosis. I probably did more snuff today than any other single day.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Must have been picking that up by osmosis. I probably did more snuff today than any other single day.
    Addict!

Today has most certainly been a Tom Buck day - ending the day with a glass of Bridgeport Hop Czar Imperial IPA from Portland, OR and a bowl of SG Firedance Flake in my Savinelli Caramella 920 Zulu. Perhaps a snoot of Packard's Club before bed!

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Addict!
    You betchum, Red Ryder!

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Though this may be approaching the blaspheme, I do believe I enjoy Ennerdale Flake more now as a snuff than as a smoke.

Who'd a thunk? Probably just a phase...
    Actually, as a fellow Ennerdale lover that makes perfectly good sense. Loving the floral notes of the snuff that I have, so Ennerdale would work.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

Does this cover the basics of genres to try? Are the bullets worth picking up? I've tried reading thru the entire thread, making notes and coming up with a few to try. Won't pull the trigger until Monday.

F&T Santo Domingo
    F&T Seville
    F&T Princes
    F&T French Carotte
    Bernard Brasil Doppelt Fermentiert
    S&G Black Coffee
    S&G Chocolate
    Toque Whisky and Honey
    Tom Buck
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcgreggor57 View Post
    Does this cover the basics of genres to try? Are the bullets worth picking up? I've tried reading thru the entire thread, making notes and coming up with a few to try. Won't pull the trigger until Monday.

F&T Santo Domingo

F&T Seville
    F&T Princes
    F&T French Carotte
    S&G Black Coffee

S&G Chocolate
    Toque Whisky and Honey
    Tom Buck

I'm jonesin' over those two for you, Gregg - particularly the Seville. Nice picks!
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

F&T Santo Domingo
    F&T Seville
    F&T Princes
    F&T French Carotte
    S&G Black Coffee
    S&G Chocolate
    Toque Whisky and Honey
    Tom Buck
    I'm assuming that you have the menthol side of things covered already. Otherwise I suggest you add Hedges or McCrystal's O&G (if you must...). If you already have some, maybe a twist on the theme. Wilson's of Sharrow Honey Menthol (listed as Menthol and Honey??) or Cherry Menthol. I grown very fond of the latter in particular. F&T High Dry Toast? High nic, smokey, straight tobacco masterpiece.

Don't know the Toque, German or coffee. All others fine choices - best of the bunch for me is the French Carotte.

I haven't used one of the bullets as yet. I just re-use the small metal tins snuff comes in. Had mine for years with only the occasional accident.

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

Thanks guys, Dan sent me a tin of O&G so yes, I've got the menthol side covered. Not a big fan of cherry flavored anything but I was looking at the High Toast although they seem to be out at the moment.
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Are the bullets worth picking up?
    I was gifted one of the plastic bullets, and one of the acrylic/glass ones.

The plastic bullet was difficult to snuff from, and leaked in my pocket. The acrylic/glass one was wonderful. I've since bought a bunch of them in different colors so i have a variety of flavors grab-and-go ready each morning.

Another nice thing about the bullets, is they are more... umm... discrete. Folks rarely see me snuff, but when it occasionally happens they assume I'm using nasal medications.

Quote Originally Posted by phager View Post
    Jim, when I use Dholakia White straight I just put a bit on the tip of the spoon part of my czech tool as opposed to half a spoonful with most Toque snuffs. PM me you addy I'll send you a smash box with some D. White in it.
    Thanks for the offer, Pat, but I think I'm getting ready to jump in -- because of the bullets. Gotta get me a bullet or two or three and definitely will pick up a variety of stuff while I'm at it. In for dime, in for a Dholakia.

I think the main problem with snuff is that your discarded tissues look like you've been cleaning especially nasty estate pipes.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    I think the main problem with snuff is that your discarded tissues look like you've been cleaning especially nasty estate pipes.
    Well. . . in a way. . . you almost have.

Hee hee.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

First snow of the season here in my neck of the woods and enjoying Toque Rose to remind me that spring will come again.

Thanks guys, Dan sent me a tin of O&G so yes, I've got the menthol side covered. Not a big fan of cherry flavored anything but I was looking at the High Toast although they seem to be out at the moment.
    I would normally agree on the cherry business - most pipe tobaccos of that ilk are pretty nasty. I do hanker after some Cherry Half and Half, though. Smoked a lot of it 30 years ago and have fond memories. Maybe I was young and ignorant (now I'm not young anymore). Not even sure if it is still made.

The Cherry Menthol snuff is not really in that mould. I would have been pressed to initially say "Cherry" for definite - stoned fruit, yes, but it's not shouting CHERRY. Quite subtle. Mais chacun a son gout...

Page 68 of 185 FirstFirst ... 18 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 118 168 ... LastLast