Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 8 of 185 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Snuff - What's in your nose?

This is a discussion on Snuff - What's in your nose? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by Nachman As she cleared her throat and shook her head I scratched the old itch in the ...

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Re: Snuff - What's in your nose?

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    As she cleared her throat and shook her head I scratched the old itch in the ultimate anti-tobacco bastion.

“Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches.” Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Some more WEG Scotch Snuff tonight. The stuff's kind of growing on me… Packs a bit or a Nic punch too. The smell dissipates quickly, but doesn't completely disappear for a while. I guess this is probably true of most snuffs.
    "But when I don't smoke I scarcely feel as if I'm living. I don't feel as if I'm living unless I'm killing myself." —Russell Hoban

Quote Originally Posted by jfserama View Post
    Some more WEG Scotch Snuff tonight. The stuff's kind of growing on me… Packs a bit or a Nic punch too. The smell dissipates quickly, but doesn't completely disappear for a while. I guess this is probably true of most snuffs.
    There's a few that last longer than others, but for the most part they fade within 10 minutes of so.

Your package should there tomorrow, so you 'll have a few to compare...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish mmiller's Avatar

I recently bought my first tin of snuff off of Kyle (karatekyle) it is some WOS aniseed extra, I love it! looks like another slippery slope Im going to be going down!
    Pipes, Cigars and Snuff

Puffer Fish with some spikes Garin's Avatar

Ah, Scented KB. Although I prefer Samuel Gawith pipe tobacco, I think I prefer Gawith & Hoggarth snuff. I'm working on a very small sample size (two of each) but nonetheless it's interesting

But what the heck do I do with this rose stuff? I've got G&H English Rose and F&T Princes Special. I am trying hard to acquire an appreciation for them, but it seems to be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Garin View Post
    I've got G&H English Rose and F&T Princes Special. I am trying hard to acquire an appreciation for them, but it seems to be difficult.
    The Lakelands of snuff? Whatever, now that you've identified the maker of Parliament's snuff, anybody know who makes the Congressional snuff (and what it might be)?
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    Took my wife to the Dr today. As we were sitting in the waiting room I started to have nic withdrawals. Reached into my jacket pocket and pulled out a tin of Railroad Mills and snuffed a big bump, Thought my wife was having a conniption. As she cleared her throat and shook her head I scratched the old itch in the ultimate anti-tobacco bastion.
    Love those old '30s and '40s flicks, where the doctor's bedside manner includes a cigarette dangling from his mouth.

Well done, Nick! Next time, if you get a chance when your wife goes in to see the doctor (assuming she leaves you unattended in the waiting room), offer the others in the room some. You could see a reenactment of the old Polaner All Fruit commercials.

I really need to leave this site alone, I have never done snuff... and you guys are making me want to try it...lol

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Enjoying a bit of xmas pudding again today.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish mmiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan_Moose View Post
    I really need to leave this site alone, I have never done snuff... and you guys are making me want to try it...lol
    I vote for you just try it if you like it you found a wonderful new hobby and if you dont snuff is inexpensive so it wont be a big hit to the wallet. You have nothing to lose!
    Pipes, Cigars and Snuff

Quote Originally Posted by Garin View Post
    But what the heck do I do with this rose stuff? I've got G&H English Rose and F&T Princes Special. I am trying hard to acquire an appreciation for them, but it seems to be difficult.
    You don't like English Rose?!?!?
    The cake is a lie!

WOS Kendal Brown. This one is growing on me.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Garin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrewShooter View Post
    You don't like English Rose?!?!?
    Well, I'd say that I don't fully appreciate it. How's that? Honestly, I can't get past the association I have between rose perfume and those cheap plastic fake roses they sell for a buck at 7-11. They always had a big bunch of those by the cashier when I was a kid, and the overwhelming ROSE perfume just about knocked me out every time I was there. Now it's all I can think of when I try it.

I should say, however, that I actually have *three* G&H snuffs: Kendal Brown, Scented KB, and English Rose. I love the first two very much. Today, however, it's a reckless McChrystal O&G day, as I know that I have two big tins flying their way across the Atlantic as I type.

Yeah, the rose scent is quite distinct. I could actually see it not being for everyone.
    The cake is a lie!

"Today, these boxes are affixed to a ledge flanking the rostrum in the current Senate chamber. While the custom of taking snuff in the chamber has disappeared, the boxes still contain snuff, in keeping with this Senate tradition." Article after article just can't get enough of the fact that the snuff boxes are even there, and not ONE of them tells us what's IN the damn snuff boxes! Infuriating. I've seen that they are "still maintained". With WHAT is what we want to know!

Page 8 of 185 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast