Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 9 of 185 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Snuff - What's in your nose?

This is a discussion on Snuff - What's in your nose? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Probably the same snuff that was put into them 30 years ago......

Re: Snuff - What's in your nose?

Probably the same snuff that was put into them 30 years ago...
    The cake is a lie!

Quote Originally Posted by BrewShooter View Post
    Probably the same snuff that was put into them 30 years ago...
    I was going to guess 130 years. But it still doesn't answer the question. I don't care about how long, I care about what with!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

The only people who know that are long gone.
    The cake is a lie!

I have another clue! They are filled at the start of Congress. I presume that's once a year? Does snuff go stale? I'd think it would be penny dreadful stuff by xmas.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Wow! Dan said he would send me "a few snuff samples." I stupidly believed him… a "few samples" turned out to be 16 generous snuff samples, and he even added in a few OUNCES of pipe tobacco. Thank you so much! I would give you an RG bump but I guess I have to spread it around first…

Thank you, Dan. I now have quite a few samples to experiment with over the next few weeks!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jfserama; 12-14-2011 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Added a picture
    "But when I don't smoke I scarcely feel as if I'm living. I don't feel as if I'm living unless I'm killing myself." —Russell Hoban

Cool, I'm glad you like it. If you have any questions about any of those, just let me know. I was limited in labeling space...

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    I have another clue! They are filled at the start of Congress. I presume that's once a year? Does snuff go stale? I'd think it would be penny dreadful stuff by xmas.
    If they filled it with something like Tube Rose or Garrets...it last forever , that stuff is nuclear.

Puffer Fish with some spikes jtree26's Avatar

I'm enjoying some Toque Berwick Brown, which I highly recommend to anyone who likes any of the Kendal browns. I've also got a pipeful of Westminster ready to go. I think it will pair up nicely with the snuff.

Opened a jar of Maccaboy tonight for something different.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Puffer Fish with many spikes WWhermit's Avatar

Stillllll waiting for my order from mrsnuff.com. It's been 11 days since it's shipped, and I know that it could take as long as 2 weeks, I'm getting anxious. You know whenever you order something, you want it NOW!! Done waiting.

In the meantime, still alternating between M4X and Bordeaux. Both are excellent.

WWhermit
    A person starts to live when he can live outside himself. -Albert Einstein
    My humble cellar.

Puffer Fish with some spikes jtree26's Avatar

I started off the day with some Toque Toast & Marmalade. Not my favorite out of my Toque sampler, but not bad.

I had a little taste of F&T Morilax this morning, which seems to be baby powder scented. I like how fresh it smells, but don't really recommend it with coffee in the morning!

Puffer Fish with many spikes WWhermit's Avatar

It's here, it's here!! From mrsnuff.com

These will go into the freezer until I am ready to use them. I'm fighting the urge to pop them all open in a day! So far I've tried the Honey Menthol and Ice Lemon.

1. Honey Menthol. Nachman was right, this is an excellent snuff. Smooth menthol flavor, with a sweetness added by the honey. I could do this one all day. After a while, it starts to remind me of Halls honey cough drops, but it is still quite a nice treat. I'll order more.

2. Ice Lemon. This is a non-tobacco snuff ordered by the wifey. You get an instant hit of lemon, then a bit of menthol, then it fades away very quickly. I won't order this again, but the wifey might. This could be used to liven up another dull snuff.

I'll give my humble opinion on the others as I open them. I believe the O&G will be next.

WWhermit

PS...Mods, we need a Puff Snuff section!!
    A person starts to live when he can live outside himself. -Albert Einstein
    My humble cellar.

@Wwhermit, save those 5g tins as you finish them. They make great pocket tins to carry a bissel schnupftabak when you are out.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Nice haul WW! I admire your willpower. I'd have them all opened and in my nose already...

I started the day with Christmas Pudding (just seems appropriate), but have since switched to WOS Apple. I wasn't sure I could taste any apple at all with this one, but repeated use is helping me discover the baked apple in there, albeit subtle.

Page 9 of 185 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast