Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 185 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Snuff - What's in your nose?

This is a discussion on Snuff - What's in your nose? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Since we have a "tonight's smokes" thread, I thought we probably needed a dry snuff thread too, especially with the ...

Snuff - What's in your nose?

Since we have a "tonight's smokes" thread, I thought we probably needed a dry snuff thread too, especially with the recent influx of snuffers that have come out of hiding.

Anyway, tell us what your snuffing at the moment.

Today was McChrystals Hopfen Snuff for me. I love the raw hops in this one. It reminds me of brew day! (yes, there are beer hops in this snuff)

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Re: Snuff - What's in your nose?

Awesome idea Dan. I like it! I'll be sending some McChrystal's (thanks again Mike!) in here in a bit. Not sure what McC's this is, original maybe? Amazing. Menthol and flowers, I love it.

I saw your sample pack (nice!), and that looked like McChrystal Original and Genuine - O&G for short. It's one of my regulars.

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    I saw your sample pack (nice!), and that looked like McChrystal Original and Genuine - O&G for short. It's one of my regulars.
    Yep! Says "The original and genuine" on the tin. Didn't realize this was the stuff I hear all the raving about. Now I understand the fuss, this snuff is fantastic.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Garin's Avatar

Oh I can't wait to try the O&G. My order from England has not arrived yet. However, I *did* find a local B&M tobacconist in Calgary who stocks a couple of different tins of snuff! Currently I'm enjoying a McChrystal SP. I overdid it a bit this time, and it's like MEGA citrus. Still, it's quite pleasant after the first few seconds of burn.

I really do like this snuff. It's no substitute for a good pipe, I don't think, but at a current -19C (66 F) I'd rather have a snuff than venture outside for a pipe. I honestly worry about cracking the briar.

O&G is top stuff; always have some around and open. Tonight, however, I've been enjoying some Wilsons of Sharrow Apricot alongside my pipe smoking. Lovely.

No pipe for me tonight. It's my son's birthday and my brother in law was over to visit (first time we've seen him this year), so I've been busy socializing with the non-smokers. So, I've been snuffing instead... I switched over to Wilsons of Sharrow Tom Buck. I really like the strong bergamot in that one. If you like earl grey tea, get some Tom Buck!

Garin, -19C sounds miserable. I am so sorry!

If you like earl grey tea, get some Tom Buck!
    Mmm, that sounds wonderful. I love Earl Grey.

Nice thread...I've been snuffin Toque Spanish Gem tonight...A very smooth blend, dunno how I would explain it ...maybe...honey , vanilla . It's something that should be on everyones next snuff order. You won't be disappointed.

You can assume I am snuffing Navy Plain as that is what I use 95% of the time (buy it by the case). I have about sixty snuffs, But Navy Plain give me the nicotine I need. If I am snuffing for flavour, I usually use a schmalzler. For years I snuffed menthols and SPs, but now I use "old man" snuff.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Having a bit of O&G with my coffee. I think more of this will be my next order. Awesome snuff.

MAN, you guys are mentioning a lot of snuffs that are in my latest order. Anyway, I tend to snuff on the weekdays, mostly in the AM, and smoke the pipes on the weekends. My last snuff was yesterday, a bit of the first snuff I bought, the Garrett Sweet & Mild. I enjoy it quite a bit, but for me it packs a fair amount of nicotine. Hmm, about to have my morning coffee, perhaps a little of the Toque Natural Toast is in order...
    The cake is a lie!

Quote Originally Posted by BrewShooter View Post
    MAN, you guys are mentioning a lot of snuffs that are in my latest order. Anyway, I tend to snuff on the weekdays, mostly in the AM, and smoke the pipes on the weekends. My last snuff was yesterday, a bit of the first snuff I bought, the Garrett Sweet & Mild. I enjoy it quite a bit, but for me it packs a fair amount of nicotine. Hmm, about to have my morning coffee, perhaps a little of the Toque Natural Toast is in order...
    I hope that you ordered the Hopfen Snuff, especially since you are a brewer. Its like hanging your head in the brew kettle right after you drop in the hops. Mmm.

I hope that you ordered the Hopfen Snuff, especially since you are a brewer. Its like hanging your head in the brew kettle right after you drop in the hops. Mmm.
    Yep, I came across it randomly on the Mrsnuff site while figuring out my order and immediately knew I had to try it. I'm planning on a 60 minute snuff for bittering, a 20 minute snuff for flavor and a flame-out snuff for aroma. Sorry, I know many of you have no idea what I'm talking about!
    The cake is a lie!

Puffer Fish with many spikes WWhermit's Avatar

Been doing the F&T Bordeaux for a while now. It's a semi-moist snuff, medium nicotine, and I've been using it just to get myself familiar with snuffing. I like the taste/smell quite a bit.

I have to get the Tom Buck! I love Earl Grey tea, drink it every day.

Nach, which brand of Navy snuff do you use, and if I may ask, how long will snuff stay fresh in the tin?

WWhermit
    A person starts to live when he can live outside himself. -Albert Einstein
    My humble cellar.

Page 1 of 185 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast