Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Strike Anywhere Matches

This is a discussion on Strike Anywhere Matches within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I know I have seen comments on strike anywhere matches on here before, though I can't remember what thread it ...

Leading Puffer Fish

Strike Anywhere Matches

I know I have seen comments on strike anywhere matches on here before, though I can't remember what thread it was... Anyhoo I stumbled onto these, it says they are made by the same manufacturer that made the Ohio Blue Tip matches... Thought some of you may be interested since any strike anywhere matches seem hard to get...

Matches, Wooden
    Join us for the Puff Monthly Tobacco Review: May's blend is Dunhill's Nightcap. Post reviews and join the discussion here.

Re: Strike Anywhere Matches

Pricey! The box is very similar to the one I remember as a kid -- I think -- when ALL the wooden matches were strike anywhere. We used to carry them in our pockets loose to light firecrackers or shoot at each other with a clothespin match-gun. (We also used to put on diving masks or goggles and play cowboys and Indians with BB guns. You knew when you got shot! )

Ha! It pops up on a search in google! http://www.deuceofclubs.com/randumb/clothespingun/
    Last edited by freestoke; 12-15-2011 at 01:32 PM.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

King of All Puffer Fish KcJason1's Avatar

I just googles strike anywhere matches.. Came up with the blue diamond brand.. And much cheaper as well!

Strike Anywhere Matches 57-595 Package of 3 Boxes - Camouflage Netting
    If you have to ask, It's probably fake!

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by KcJason1 View Post
    I just googles strike anywhere matches.. Came up with the blue diamond brand.. And much cheaper as well!

Strike Anywhere Matches 57-595 Package of 3 Boxes - Camouflage Netting
    I saw those as well, but I know the Blue Tip are/were very sought after.
    Join us for the Puff Monthly Tobacco Review: May's blend is Dunhill's Nightcap. Post reviews and join the discussion here.

I remember years ago using something called "hurricane matches", which was basically a strike-on-anything match with about 2" of phosphorous (or whatever it is that causes the initial match flare up) instead of the usual 1/8".
    I'd buy a bunch of these if I could find them. . .they flare for about 3 seconds after striking, then the accelerant burns away and it's just like any other match. Only the flame is already 2" wide.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEnormous View Post
    I remember years ago using something called "hurricane matches", which was basically a strike-on-anything match with about 2" of phosphorous (or whatever it is that causes the initial match flare up) instead of the usual 1/8".
    I'd buy a bunch of these if I could find them. . .they flare for about 3 seconds after striking, then the accelerant burns away and it's just like any other match. Only the flame is already 2" wide.
    Are these them?

EQUIPPED TO SURVIVE - Fire - A Survivor's Best Friend - Firestarters, Tinder, Stoves

They do look like a good idea.
    The cake is a lie!

Puffer Fish with many spikes x6ftundx's Avatar

publix and walmart here in Florida have them all the time...

Quote Originally Posted by x6ftundx View Post
    publix and walmart here in Florida have them all the time...
    They're probably illegal in NY. Everything else is.

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    They're probably illegal in NY. Everything else is.
    I think they are illegal to sell in NY. There are two rationales for that. One is the obvious fire danger. The other is that meth heads use them in the manufacture of meth.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Young Fish

Xtra "chemical" tip? Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    I think they are illegal to sell in NY. There are two rationales for that. One is the obvious fire danger. The other is that meth heads use them in the manufacture of meth.
    And yesterday, I found out you have to show ID to buy lighter fluid at Walmart. The beginning of the end of civilization, for sure.

Puffer Fish with many spikes JKlavins's Avatar

Awesome!! I just ordered some from mredepot, and used the coupon code THANKS, and it was under $15 with shipping, the other schooluniforms site was over $16 with shipping!! Ive been looking for these matches for a long time!! Thanks for the info!

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ianoue View Post
    Xtra "chemical" tip? Hmm.
    That must be what makes the head explode 70% of the time and the pieces land on the tips of your fingers and stick or shorts and burn them. I'm specifically talking about the Diamond brand strike anywhere I get at OSH Hardware here in Calif. Love hate type of thing for me. Never used to explode like that but the brand changed the head color to green (eco friendly) and this started.
    Very annoying and somewhat dangerous.