Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 11 of 388 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

The Afternoon Smoke Break

This is a discussion on The Afternoon Smoke Break within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by szyzk Ignorance Uber Alles? I had no idea you two were being so mischievous. This will not ...

The Armchair Detective Mycroft Holmes's Avatar

Re: The Afternoon Smoke Break

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    Ignorance Uber Alles? I had no idea you two were being so mischievous.

This will not end well for anyone involved.
    I fear this will bring new meaning to the term "Mutually Assured Destruction." Hope the fallout doesn't end in any civilian casualties.
    "It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes." - Sherlock Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft Holmes View Post
    I fear this will bring new meaning to the term "Mutually Assured Destruction." Hope the fallout doesn't end in any civilian casualties.
    Yes! So, "Don't make me M.A.D." can be the new slogan around here.

Edit: Maybe I need to call the Baker Street irregulars into service to help me...
    Last edited by szyzk; 02-10-2012 at 06:46 PM.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    Yes! So, "Don't make me M.A.D." can be the new slogan around here.

Edit: Maybe I need to call the Baker Street irregulars into service to help me...
    You're going to ask the BSIs to help you against Sherlock's BROTHER!? Good thinking, Andrew.

I'll have you know, that one of the BSIs, a youngish elderly man at the time, taught me how to play darts, in a pub by the beach in West Runton, Norfolk, England, back in 1955. I kid you not. I never kid about such things. He had some revelatory stories about doings at 221b Baker Street, before Watson arrived to write down Sherlock's exploits.

FINALLY back from dinner! My hands are all but atremble stokin' the FourDot with some Kentuck Kendal! And some coffee!!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft Holmes View Post
    Start a war and hope nobody gets hurt? Okay, I'm game! I actually dislike the neighbors across the street, so with any luck our luck won't hold.

Took a while to get the grunge off, smooth off the varnish with some steel wool, salt&alcohol the bowl, und so weiter, but now I'm giving this "Briar Route" bent bulldog a go. It's one of half dozen pipes that came with the pipe rack Audrey got me for xmas! Not too bad, even though it needs breaking in again, really. The drill's pretty good, so it should smoke just fine. (I've yet to encounter a bad smoking pipe that had a good drill -- and vice versa. ) I'm pleasantly surprised, actually. Starting it off with a bowl of PA, of course. What else?

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish mmiller's Avatar

Just got inside from enjoying a wonderful bowl of OGS in my MM CG, I am amazed how far my smoke tasting has came, when I first started smoking and had OGS I couldnt taste the citrus at all but now I can and it is really refreshing
    Pipes, Cigars and Snuff

I think the Serial Aromatics Pouch has recovered from its Autumn Evening contamination. I smoked almost all of the infected tobacco in the car and refilled with the pipe with PPP, Altadis B20 Black Cavendish and a healthy helping of hydrated Five Brothers. I think the SAP's in business again! Served some up in the Cgent and it's not bad -- finally!.

Puffer Fish with some spikes craig_o's Avatar

Another round of Balkan Sasieni for me! A fresh tin, too!

Back from an exhausting afternoon shopping and trying to unwind a little with a St. Pauli Girl and a Szabo of SWR. It's working.

Puffer Fish with some spikes craig_o's Avatar

Today was a dull, cold, gray day that called for some Mac Baren Scottish Mix.

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Tried something new this afternoon, a flake or two of Fribourg & Treyer Special Brown Flake. I've been told lately that I'm getting too picky with blends I'll deem re buy-able. SBF is definitely on my list to buy again. Something I wouldn't hesitate to reach for when I'm in the mood for something different than the usual suspects.

Had some F&T Cut Blended Plug very delicious, slight sweetness, Im glad I have it.
    Pipes, Cigars and Snuff

Fribourg & Treyer Special Brown Flake. F&T Cut Blended Plug. Now THAT's two arcane mixes in a row, eh?

I'm almost embarrassed to say I restoking the Szabo with some PA.

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Fribourg & Treyer Special Brown Flake. F&T Cut Blended Plug. Now THAT's two arcane mixes in a row, eh?

I'm almost embarrassed to say I restoking the Szabo with some PA.
    What, your Walmart doesn't stock Fribourg & Treyer? It's right behind the Middleton blends, Jim!

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    They both came from the same source...Shuckins
    Pipes, Cigars and Snuff

Page 11 of 388 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 ... LastLast