Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 136 of 388 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 186 236 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 5806
Like Tree1Likes

The Afternoon Smoke Break

This is a discussion on The Afternoon Smoke Break within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Multiple Old Milwaukees into the afternoon, a bowl of Royal Yacht following my first bowl of PA of the day. ...

Re: The Afternoon Smoke Break

Multiple Old Milwaukees into the afternoon, a bowl of Royal Yacht following my first bowl of PA of the day. Very nice afternoon! And I know what I've been doing wrong with my golf swing!! Tomorrow, I shoot my age!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Multiple Old Milwaukees into the afternoon, a bowl of Royal Yacht following my first bowl of PA of the day. Very nice afternoon! And I know what I've been doing wrong with my golf swing!! Tomorrow, I shoot my age!
    So you are going to shoot 102 Just kidding. Really need to get some Royal Yacht and some PA to try out

I'm all set for a bowl of Anny Kake in my Tsuge Arashi sitter, its fairly large bowl so probably half now and the other half on the drive home

Tell ya what, Chad. When I'm 102, I'll be deLIGHTED to shoot 102! I'm actually grinding to get it in before I turn 70 in June. Ya never know, I've been putting pretty well, actually.

I think I need something stout after dinner. Maybe some coffee, too! Gonna go set some basic KK to the burn.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Tell ya what, Chad. When I'm 102, I'll be deLIGHTED to shoot 102! I'm actually grinding to get it in before I turn 70 in June. Ya never know, I've been putting pretty well, actually.

I think I need something stout after dinner. Maybe some coffee, too! Gonna go set some basic KK to the burn.
    I have respect for anybody who can shoot under 90. I was just never able to get me swing consistent enough and my main problem was my Driver was terrible but that was 10 years ago, been awhile since I've golfed. Problem for me is I'm not a morning person and with the summers here in Phoenix getting up to 115 you have to start at dawn or roast your butt off and in the winter its expensive and busy. Every now and then I go over to a public course, they have a nice 9 hole par 3 that is fun for me. I even took lessons and still could hit my 3 wood farther than my driver, try and explain that. Its not like I was slicing it or anything just couldn't get the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper2075 View Post
    I even took lessons and still could hit my 3 wood farther than my driver, try and explain that.
    Even money you play the driver too far back in your stance. Freddy Couples, Jack Nicklaus, Lee Trevino and Raymond Floyd, to name a few real hackers, play the ball OUTSIDE their left foot, WAY forward, with an open stance. It's really the best way to hit a driver, because you want to get the ball slightly on the upswing, at the worst level. It's just a lot easier to hit it out there with a driver. Put it inside the stance and it's hard to stay behind the shot, but forward, you can actually move into it -- and crush it.

Maturing Puffer Fish

I may just give that a try, still have clubs, I end up playing a little every other year. Now back to smoking, the bowl of Anny Kake was great. Looking forward to trying the Dunhill Nightcap.

I had about two bowls of MM965 in one jar and about 1/2 bowl of Two Friends English Chocolate in another, so I mixed them together. Pretty good smoke.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

No longer a community member.

A bowl of SPS Kentucky Planter in a briar carved with a small-mouth bass

I finally decided to smoke my MacArthur. Have it loaded up with a bowl of Anniversary Kake. The smoke is ice cold.

Finished up a bowl of Louisiana Flake in Frankenpipe. I'll move on to some Ashton Artisan's Blend in a Myon Royale Bulldog. Nice looking pipe, smokes well, and essentially free in my eyes. It was part of a lot I bought to get a different pipe.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

I need to get out some LF myself. The Irish Oak will be gone in a couple of hours, so maybe tomorrow. Working on the aforementioned IO as I type.
    Probably no golf before Wednesday, but it'll give us a chance to work at the range for the first scramble coming up in few weeks.

The Irish Oak is NOT gone. At least two more bowls, that will have to wait to be smoked, because I'm smoking some RY right now.

Picked up a pouch of SWR at the supermarket the other day (as soon as I walked out I questioned myself as to why I didn't just buy the tub). Decided to go simple today, SWR in a bent MM Legend CC (the first time in about a week I've smoked something other than SG Chocolate Flake).

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

A little FVF in a Don Carlos. I can taste again! Strong cigars ruin my pipe taste buds for at least 2 days. Damn.

I'm totally serious, dude B-daddy's Avatar

A bowl of Dart Mix in the MM. Very nice flavor. Pretty different experience from my Capt Black. Thanks Jim (@freestoke).
    "24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?" -- Steven Wright