Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 161 of 388 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 211 261 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 5806
Like Tree1Likes

The Afternoon Smoke Break

This is a discussion on The Afternoon Smoke Break within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by freestoke Esme catches rabbits (and chipmunks) all the time and brings them home for everybody to share. ...

Re: The Afternoon Smoke Break

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Esme catches rabbits (and chipmunks) all the time and brings them home for everybody to share. All four cats are afraid of the squirrels. You need something more like a doberman for squirrels. Even a sensiible human won't mess with a squirrel without substantial weaponry, like an AK-47.
    Fritz, my dog, used to try to catch squirrels, until he caught one. Now he will run along beside them and never try to intercept.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Er999's Avatar

Esme catches rabbits (and chipmunks) all the time and brings them home for everybody to share. All four cats are afraid of the squirrels. You need something more like a doberman for squirrels. Even a sensiible human won't mess with a squirrel without substantial weaponry, like an AK-47.
    the family dog still tries to catch squirrels, no luck so far but still funny anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    Fritz, my dog, used to try to catch squirrels, until he caught one. Now he will run along beside them and never try to intercept.
    Are you serious!? That is the first that I have heard of something like this.....it's still damn funny!

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

A big welcome, Jim. Was wondering just the other day where you were at. I never read this thread (busy working) but something told me to check it. I still don't know what all that ring gauge, etc. stuff is all about (I know I'm lame) but no doubt I'll throw some your way, just stick around. Enjoy your posts.

Given the OJK and Exhausted Rooster a head-to-head! Very similar, and Ol' Joe is the stronger (yeah, baby) of the two. On the second bowl of OJK, I did add a pinch of Per, and did get a slight ER taste, but stength of the former.

Augusta has called expressing interest in an "Augusta West." They are most interested in a rough green with an exceptional weed turf!

Jim, just so you know, I have tried to bump (and others as well deserved) you but either I get a "need to spread it around" or "given it too much.". Oooo...err. I have loathed to repeat those error messages...

Puffer Fish with some spikes

FM ATP in the Sav 5 Raised high to Jim's well anticipated return. Welcome back my man.

Silly, petty, juvenile...
    ...but no doubt, also cathartic.

However, don't you think, given the extended hiatus, that it would be more appropriate if you first posted in the this part of the forum?

New Piper Fish Forum

I'm a stickler for form.

Welcome back!
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by Thirston View Post
    A big welcome, Jim. Was wondering just the other day where you were at. I never read this thread (busy working) but something told me to check it. I still don't know what all that ring gauge, etc. stuff is all about (I know I'm lame) but no doubt I'll throw some your way, just stick around. Enjoy your posts.
    It's sort of like a "like" on facebook, or "fave" or something. It's not the size of the bump so much as the quantum bump, so that a poster knows somebody really "liked" what you wrote. How many points you can give is a function of how many points you have. I guess I'd become spoiled, since usually somebody would boost me for a funny line or something. Then, it was like a comedian getting applause instead of laughs, with no RG at all -- cold turkey. I was having RG withdrawal symptoms. Robert Reich, the diminutive ex-Secretary of Labor said something funny on TV one day. While he was in office, he said he always had somebody driving him around, the press following him, his aides, Secret Service, etc. When he left office he was alone again, driving his own car, no reporters, no aides...he said he was suffering from "detached retinue".
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    However, don't you think, given the extended hiatus, that it would be more appropriate if you first posted in the this part of the forum?

New Piper Fish Forum
    Indeed. I could post as a born-again pipe smoker!

Mowed the lawn...Exhuasted Rooster with Ben Wade. I wish Mr. wade would have done it.

Jim, we enjoy the rants too much. I apologize for not seeing your cry for help. i'll be more sensitive to your needs in the future.

It's sort of like a "like" on facebook, or "fave" or something. It's not the size of the bump so much as the quantum bump, so that a poster knows somebody really "liked" what you wrote. How many points you can give is a function of how many points you have. I guess I'd become spoiled, since usually somebody would boost me for a funny line or something. Then, it was like a comedian getting applause instead of laughs, with no RG at all -- cold turkey. I was having RG withdrawal symptoms. Robert Reich, the diminutive ex-Secretary of Labor said something funny on TV one day. While he was in office, he said he always had somebody driving him around, the press following him, his aides, Secret Service, etc. When he left office he was alone again, driving his own car, no reporters, no aides...he said he was suffering from "detached retinue".
    Seriously! That and be an ass or post a bad pic! I thought it was for insight, good advice or a great question...

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    ...but no doubt, also cathartic.

New Piper Fish Forum

I'm a stickler for form.

Welcome back!
    Welcome back, Robert! Don't forget yours!. Out with that hussy, Clemantine? How is she, btw?
    Last edited by TTecheTTe; 07-12-2013 at 04:57 PM.

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Mari wrote: Jim, just so you know, I have tried to bump (and others as well deserved) you but either I get a "need to spread it around" or "given it too much.". Oooo...err. I have loathed to repeat those error messages...

I am being told the same thing. I need to spread more around before I can give Jim any more RG. BUT -- his day is coming near! And -- what she said.........

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Continuing Jim's advice and PA tested a couple of Caminettos while writing this morning. Then it was some Ennerdale in a Hardcastle -- and then some more in a meer. Now it's LNF in a Stanwell Royal Guard.

Funny thing -- I have three or four Stanwell Royal Guards -- and they look nothing alike. That's all folks....

I get the same damn message as everyone else, spread some around first, so this is my virtual RG for you sir! I enjoy your company and the anecdotes, very much!!

Jim, welcome back! To the point about RG being an analog of the FB Like, I'm not sure that's accurate. Likes are free, RG bumps require one to spread the love, as it were, and its seems a bit arbitrary to just bump a bunch of forum users so that we can re-bump the people that deserve it. In other words I don't bump lightly...

For what it's worth I've been trying to give you an RG bump for many months.

Sadly no baccy for me today. I'm down in Orlando with the family and though I managed to find an 858 Maduro I haven't had a chance to sneak away and enjoy it. The cigar bar in Downtown Disney looked mighty inviting too and had a nice selection of HTF AFs but again, couldn't figure out how to steal away for a couple of hours. No biggie, the kids will only want to vacation with us for a few more years so I will enjoy time with them while I can.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

Thx for the explanation and I'm now quite sure I might have ruffled a few feathers in the past because I was unaware of RG. Anyway, I'm not around here as much as some but enjoy your posts.

Dunbar in a Le Nuvole.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonedog View Post
    Jim, welcome back! To the point about RG being an analog of the FB Like, I'm not sure that's accurate. Likes are free, RG bumps require one to spread the love, as it were, and its seems a bit arbitrary to just bump a bunch of forum users so that we can re-bump the people that deserve it. In other words I don't bump lightly...
    Neither do I, actually. I bump "the deserving", as it were, or a friendship gesture to a newbie who has started well on the forum. I suppose my list of worthy targets is sufficiently large to "wrap around" fairly easily. True, it takes a while to run through the cycle because you can only move along so fast, but I can usually to find things to "like". Call me easily amused. And I "like" RG as a reward for playing well with others, when I'm not even involved. You say "likes" are free, but really, so is RG.