Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 167 of 388 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 217 267 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 5806
Like Tree1Likes

The Afternoon Smoke Break

This is a discussion on The Afternoon Smoke Break within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Penzance in an Eriksen Bulldog. Great times for Britain, first Wimbledon, now the Tour de France....

Re: The Afternoon Smoke Break

Penzance in an Eriksen Bulldog. Great times for Britain, first Wimbledon, now the Tour de France.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Wow, the Tour de France! Isn't that a little like an Englishman winning the world ski jumping championship!? I don't know the history of the TdF, except I got the feeling it was Lance Armstrong (at least temporarily ), then Spain, France, and Belgium all the way down.

How about Phil, though! Gotta be one of the greatest last rounds of a major ever. Just aMAZing stuff! It was odd, with so many people crying happily about a win, including his caddie. But not Phil! I guess some players just "feel the love". But there you have it, Phil Mickelson, World Champion Golfer. What a round. What a ROUND! They dug up a great Phil Quote: asked about the difference between a great shot and smart shot, Phil said that a great shot is when you pull it off, a smart shot is when you don't have the courage to even try. I wanted Westwood, or Poulter or Scott to win it, but now that Phil did, I am really happy for him! Great tournament!

An Old Mil and some Dart Mix, thinking about what I'll be cooking this week. Time for some BBQ! I try to give the beef about 15 hours or so in the smoker. WAY outside the time limits for Yankee BBQ! They don't seem to understand the concept of meat that sort of crumbles. (Gotta get below the Mason Dixon line or west of the Mississippi before people have the patience for proper cooking.)
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Wow, the Tour de France! Isn't that a little like an Englishman winning the world ski jumping championship!? I don't know the history of the TdF, except I got the feeling it was Lance Armstrong (at least temporarily ), then Spain, France, and Belgium all the way down.

How about Phil, though! Gotta be one of the greatest last rounds of a major ever. Just aMAZing stuff! It was odd, with so many people crying happily about a win, including his caddie. But not Phil! I guess some players just "feel the love". But there you have it, Phil Mickelson, World Champion Golfer. What a round. What a ROUND! They dug up a great Phil Quote: asked about the difference between a great shot and smart shot, Phil said that a great shot is when you pull it off, a smart shot is when you don't have the courage to even try. I wanted Westwood, or Poulter or Scott to win it, but now that Phil did, I am really happy for him! Great tournament!

An Old Mil and some Dart Mix, thinking about what I'll be cooking this week. Time for some BBQ! I try to give the beef about 15 hours or so in the smoker. WAY outside the time limits for Yankee BBQ! They don't seem to understand the concept of meat that sort of crumbles. (Gotta get below the Mason Dixon line or west of the Mississippi before people have the patience for proper cooking.)
    As to cycling, there are always the Millars - unrelated and Scottish, but I suppose.

Britain has 2 TDF wins, but all other issues aside I would argue that Bradley Wiggins and Mark Cavendish are their best products. Mr. Wiggins won their first TDF, and Cavendish is....Cavendish.

Phil is the golfer who I would most follow around on the tour, if that were my wont. Really like the guy - particularly after he refused to play that tourney on his daughter's birthday. Class act.

I did note that he seemed to be starting a bit of eye-leak as he approached the 18th...
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Are you talking about Brisket? I'm west of the Mississippi -- so that must be why I go at least 15 hours until the meat hits an internal temp of 210 degrees. Wraping it in foil during the last few hours so it steams in its juices is the Yankee way. Uncovered all the way -- with lots of mopping -- Texas style. Which do you prefer? What woods do you use? And finally what type of smoker are you using?

Last edited by bluesman.54; 07-21-2013 at 07:55 PM. Reason: can't spell

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman.54 View Post
    Are you talking about Brisket? I'm west of the Mississippi -- so that must be why I go at least 15 hours until the meat hits an internal temp of 210 degrees. Wraping it in foil during the last few hours so it steams in its juices is the Yankee way. Uncovered all the way -- with lots of mopping -- Texas style. Which do you prefer? What woods do you use? And finally what type of smoker are you using?
    Aluminium foil!? Might as well boil it. Brisket, check. Slathering, check. Charcoal, with chunks of hickory or mesquite, depending on mood, in one of those primitive things with a pan.

Usually throw on a chicken and a pork roast on the lower shelf, which are done a bit quicker, first the chicken then the pork roast. Gotta fall apart, though!

You are the MAN!

Aluminium foil!? Might as well boil it. Brisket, check. Slathering, check. Charcoal, with chunks of hickory or mesquite, depending on mood, in one of those primitive things with a pan.

Usually throw on a chicken and a pork roast on the lower shelf, which are done a bit quicker, first the chicken then the pork roast. Gotta fall apart, though!

I slow cook in the oven for 12 hrs, but then I'm a girl.

That looks great Mari! Nice job! I'll bet its tender as can be...and umm good!

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    I slow cook in the oven for 12 hrs, but then I'm a girl.

How about Phil, though! Gotta be one of the greatest last rounds of a major ever.
    I'm sure this would make his blood boil, but I haven't watched golf since the early nineties; my first thought was "so he finally won a major"? Glad I checked...
    ********.com

They look great, Mari! Showing influence from my time in other countries, I need cole slaw with pork BBQ (Georgia). My favorite BBQ sauce for beef, pork or chicken, is Audrey's clone of the sauce at Pierce's BBQ (Virginia), one of the best BBQ places I've ever encountered (which is many). Pierce's PITT Bar-B-Que One of these days, I'll create a proper Louisiana mustard sauce for thin-sliced BBQ, but so far that hasn't worked out well. My all-time best BBQ experience was after a flight into Denver, some place near the motel, but I have no idea where. My brother and I went and got one of the big BBQ beef sandwiches (gigantic), starved for BBQ after an extended BBQ deprivasion in the wilds of Central New York, went back to the motel, ate it, then drove back for seconds. We were the aborigines of New Guinea, after their annual pig roast. We returned right before the flight back and bought six more each to take back to NY.

Smokin' some more of the Humble Prince.
    Last edited by freestoke; 07-22-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Davidoff Medallion Flake in a J Ropp meerschaum-lined Straight Billiard. The pipe and the hot weather conspire to make a VaPer the tobacco of choice.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Hey, Wood Austin won on the regular tour yesterday, too! (There's a regular PGA event for the players who didn't qualify or don't otherwise play the Open Championship. ) He's 49! Go Woody. He's the guy who bent his putter into a 45 degree angle, banging it into his head after he missed a putt about 5-10 years ago. I love it when neurotic messes with good hearts win. Especially the older head cases. Gives him a two year exemption on the tour and a spot in the upcoming PGA Championship, the last major of the year.

I was either spectacularly good or spectacularly bad out on the course today. Forgot to bring my pipe and my Low Vitamin N light was burning cherry red. Dart Mix has just enough umbladee to alleviate the symptoms, being applied forthwith. And Old Mil!! We were waiting on every shot from the 3rd through the 6th, finally able to play through at 7, which was bad enough (two old guys in a cart, one of them being George, who is 86), but the guys behind us were hitting up on us starting at 5. At 6, I was waiting to hit my second shot and the idiots were hitting their tee shots! Yeah, they couldn't get reach me, or even dream of hitting the ball that far, so it's not a matter of being in danger, but I can hear the ball being hit and the ball landing 50 yards back and it's disconcerting. What if they accidentally put a good pass on the ball? Both of them outweigh me by at least 40 pounds and both were considerably taller and WAY younger, so I guess there is a remote possibility that they could do it right and brain me, but that isn't the real problem: waiting a little longer on my shot gives them the opportunity to be roaring up behind us in their accursed wheelchairs while I am trying to hit my second shot. I HATE that!! We played the last three holes in less than 20 minutes, so we were still able to get around in 1:45, so total time wasn't too bad. Cost me a few, though. Hard to play like that for mere amateurs.

More Dart Mix!

Thank you, those were good fall-off-the-bone baby back ribs! I cooked two racks to freeze up some meals, but my daughter showed up with her new pup. She "wasn't hungry" so would just eat a "couple of ribs" and then proceeded to polish off 3/4 of a rack! She ranked them better than Chili's, high praise as we used to love theirs (got inconsistent, so I had to learn how).

Luxury Twist Flake day since order arrived today, with a bowl (maybe it will be two) of Jason's Plum Pudding! Guess this is one sweet day!

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewV View Post
    Smoking some Mississippi River in the Sav 5, mmmmmm good stuff.
    Someone smelled The Bear at the little red house in The Big Woods!

Anyone else hankering (or that I've missed) for a sample of Bow-Legged Bear?

This afternoon it's C&D Bow-legged Bear in a Country Gentleman...

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    Someone smelled The Bear at the little red house in The Big Woods!

Anyone else hankering (or that I've missed) for a sample of Bow-Legged Bear?

This afternoon it's C&D Bow-legged Bear in a Country Gentleman...

Got that right! With how much you enjoy it how can I not smell it all the way here in Vegas? I can see the plume of smoke from my upstairs window! Haha