Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 224 of 388 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 274 324 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 5806
Like Tree1Likes

The Afternoon Smoke Break

This is a discussion on The Afternoon Smoke Break within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by Scott W. Wow, I'd love to see the collection. I worked from home for almost 2 years ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader JimInks's Avatar

Re: The Afternoon Smoke Break

Quote Originally Posted by Scott W. View Post
    Wow, I'd love to see the collection. I worked from home for almost 2 years but really couldn't smoke in the house unfortunately. Do you have any pictures of the pipes?(sorry for thread jacking)
    I did post some, but not all, on a thread on another forum. I dunno if the people here would want me to link to it though. They'd probably consider it to be inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by JimInks View Post
    I did post some, but not all, on a thread on another forum. I dunno if the people here would want me to link to it though. They'd probably consider it to be inappropriate.
    Probably but if you can put some up here, Thad be cool. Or pm me the site

Full grown Puffer Fish LewZephyr's Avatar

Sutliffe Barbados Plantation in a Cob

Coming to the end of a Forever CG of Elizabethan mixture. Seems pretty decent! I think I had a few cans of this in college, but they looked like this (probably a temp image):
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Just finished smoking Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 1979 straight smooth Dr. Grabow Grand Duke 45 pot. Next will be VaPer Three Nuns in a mid-late 1930s straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair.

Germain's Brown Flake in a brown rusticated slight bend 1982 Savinelli Non Pareil 99 Acorn with a lucite ferrule and stem.

Finishing up the scraps on the plate in the Darth Rader, wondering how people fall for the "balanced golf ball" commercials. They market this useless thing that floats the ball, so that the light side winds up on top, at which point you mark it, so you can putt that heavy spot to roll along the line rather than askew to the line. Theoretically, the ball will rolls straighter this. A) You can do this with a small glass glass of water with enough salt dissolved in it to float the ball, which is far cheaper than the magic plastic cup they're selling. B) That spot will change the instant you hit the ball, and probably will also change with temperature. C) The amount of deflection due to the wind, grain, and imperfections on the green will overwhelm the minute changes that an "unbalanced" golf ball will cause, at least within the specs of a new ball (or even well-played) ball. I'm surprised they didn't work in "quantum" or "angular momentum" into the ad, just to show how scientific it is and all. Like HL Menken said, nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Stonehaven in a 1998 smooth medium bend Peterson Limerick 69 with a nickel band.

Voodoo Queen in a 1978 slight bend CAO Turk's Head Meer.

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Finishing up the scraps on the plate in the Darth Rader, wondering how people fall for the "balanced golf ball" commercials. They market this useless thing that floats the ball, so that the light side winds up on top, at which point you mark it, so you can putt that heavy spot to roll along the line rather than askew to the line. Theoretically, the ball will rolls straighter this. A) You can do this with a small glass glass of water with enough salt dissolved in it to float the ball, which is far cheaper than the magic plastic cup they're selling. B) That spot will change the instant you hit the ball, and probably will also change with temperature. C) The amount of deflection due to the wind, grain, and imperfections on the green will overwhelm the minute changes that an "unbalanced" golf ball will cause, at least within the specs of a new ball (or even well-played) ball. I'm surprised they didn't work in "quantum" or "angular momentum" into the ad, just to show how scientific it is and all. Like HL Menken said, nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
    You'd think they'd at least get "gluten-free" in there...
    I've noticed that, of all athletic endeavors, golfing is the one in which every participant is convinced that they could beat the best, if they just had the right equipment...
    ********.com

VaPer Three Nuns in a 2003 smooth three quarter bend Fiammata Odissea Titania 02 Silver Line 3 Rinaldo Straight Grain egg.

MacBaren Roll Cake in a 1979 black sandblasted medium bend Savinelli Non Pareil 9606 Billiard with a horn ferrule.

No longer a community member.

Firing up the usual Davidoff in a my Zurg Glass Sipper. This time I'm attempting to learn the technique of "musketballing".

Light Heart Virginia in a 1979 Ascorti Business KS Oom Paul.

Germain's Brown Flake in a mid-1970s black rusticated straight Savinelli Estella 915 KS.