Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 388 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

The Afternoon Smoke Break

This is a discussion on The Afternoon Smoke Break within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Tackling a Tilbury musketball in the new TwoDot. Superior!...

Re: The Afternoon Smoke Break

Tackling a Tilbury musketball in the new TwoDot. Superior!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish mmiller's Avatar

I had some sugar barrel in my meerschaum pickaxe. First time I had SB an I really enjoy it. Mild and sweet but not too sweet.
    Pipes, Cigars and Snuff

Middleton, the Rodney Dangerfield of tobacco companies.

I'm having a bowl of Tilbury with some crumbly Scotch Flake Aromatic at the bottom of the bowl. By the time it gets to the last half, the SFA wll have been hydrated and ready to roll.

More snowblowing today. After the rain turns over to snow later, probably another 6 inches by tomorrow night, but no big deal. But easy so far this winter! Finishing of a jar of Ennerdale in the Alfa Litewate.

* HAZARDS...LAKE EFFECT SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...LOCALIZED ACCUMULATIONS OF 3 TO 7
    INCHES...PRIMARILY OVER NORTHERN AND CENTRAL ONONDAGA AND
    MADISON COUNTIES...AND ALSO IN ONEIDA COUNTY...MOSTLY TO THE
    WEST OF CAMDEN...ROME...AND WATERVILLE.

At least that didn't happen! Beautiful out there and the wind is starting to die down. Having a quick smoke with straight Five Brothers while lunch finishes heating in the oven.

Tambolaka, in my Country Gentleman cob (which is apparently smaller than Jim's ), and a big mug of coffee. What a great pairing!

I hate to keep bragging guys (well, not really) but it's another chamber of commerce day here in San Antonio. Currently 65 degrees with blue skies and a gentle breeze. I'm enjoying the weather as I sit and sip my pipe full of ??? I have no idea what I'm smoking... I packed this pipe two days ago and I just can't remember what I put in here. It's a VaPer, and a good one, I know that much. Oh well, who cares.

It's 27 here, but for some reason it feels colder. The sun was at least shining, but it looks like that's gone for the day -- which reminds me of a boring factoid that actually came up last night at a bar: The Mohawk Valley receives less direct sunlight per year than anywhere on the North American continent. I have to balance this dark reality with cheery schadenfreude over the plight of the unhappy snowmobilers, grousing about the absence of snow to mobile over. After-lunch SB in the Diplomat for dessert.

Hey Clifford! Guess what I'm smoking!? Great stuff and Audrey says the 1776 Tavern smells good, too!

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    It's 27 here, but for some reason it feels colder. The sun was at least shining, but it looks like that's gone for the day -- which reminds me of a boring factoid that actually came up last night at a bar: The Mohawk Valley receives less direct sunlight per year than anywhere on the North American continent. I have to balance this dark reality with cheery schadenfreude over the plight of the unhappy snowmobilers, grousing about the absence of snow to mobile over. After-lunch SB in the Diplomat for dessert.
    Did anyone else have to google "schadenfruede"?

Jim, I learn something new from you every day!

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Did anyone else have to google "schadenfruede"?

Jim, I learn something new from you every day!
    Schadenfreude is one of my favorite words. And this 1776 Tavern is really nice, Clifford! Thanks! I notice that tobak revs has seven 4star ratings out of ten!
    Last edited by freestoke; 01-19-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Hey Clifford! Guess what I'm smoking!? Great stuff and Audrey says the 1776 Tavern smells good, too!
    Glad you like it!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish mmiller's Avatar

This afternoon I had about a quarter bowl of university flake, It is -8F out here and my smoke was stopped short due to ice clogging the inside of my stem, I also tried to take a drink of water from my bottle out there and my lip stuck to it, winter is rough... Is it spring yet?
    Pipes, Cigars and Snuff

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mmiller View Post
    This afternoon I had about a quarter bowl of university flake, It is -8F out here and my smoke was stopped short due to ice clogging the inside of my stem, I also tried to take a drink of water from my bottle out there and my lip stuck to it, winter is rough... Is it spring yet?
    I'll put our bonus material up in a sec

Just back from a dart adventure, losing two out of three to Audrey. sigh. The Dart Mix is drawing complements at least! Right now, it's the Mayfair with some high class smoke, a wad of Reiner LGF. About as perfect as pipe smoking gets, most likely.

Page 4 of 388 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast