Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 5 of 388 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

The Afternoon Smoke Break

This is a discussion on The Afternoon Smoke Break within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; It's Peterson Christmas 2011 in the CG. Pretty good for an aromatic. I'd like to report that NYCity (fortunately many ...

Re: The Afternoon Smoke Break

It's Peterson Christmas 2011 in the CG. Pretty good for an aromatic.

I'd like to report that NYCity (fortunately many hours away) has reclaimed its #1 Rudest City ranking! Inexplicable to me how it ever lost its place, but its back on top again!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

This JKP is potent. I don't care what tobakrevs says, it hits me like a truck. "Medium to Strong" my ass. I think it might be stronger than Royal Yacht!

Navy Flake, of the SG variety. I let this dry out until it was nearly crispy, and it is smoking superbly. I think that's the secret to this otherwise juicy flake. I'm smoking it in my homemade, handmade poker pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    I'm smoking it in my homemade, handmade poker pipe.
    Sure, rub it in!

Not sure how I have so much PPP all the time. I must be a real slob! This is some PPP+3BM in the big Savinelli 120 Anni. Tasty!

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Sure, rub it in!

Not sure how I have so much PPP all the time. I must be a real slob! This is some PPP+3BM in the big Savinelli 120 Anni. Tasty!
    My theory is that you are encouraging those extra flakes to fall on the plate, just so you can build upon your PPP collection!

Good Afternoon Gents! Merde de Cheval in my Boswell "aro" pipe. Despite the translation, I love this tobacco when I'm craving an Aro. It's sweet, but earthy and peppery too. It doesn't get a fair shake in the reviews IMO.

Owain's Sword in a Nording Signature Freehand.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

H&H Angler's Dream in a Lorenzo Churchwarden. Not my favorite, but it was a free sample and I'm trying to finish it off.

Union Square from 09, thanks to DanR, in a Bjarne Viking Classic. I either didn't let it dry enough or I'm really horrible at musketballing because it took an extra match or so after the first few minutes, but dang if this isn't an incredibly tasty tobacco!

I'm going to go broke buying all of these GLP blends...

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    Union Square from 09, thanks to DanR, in a Bjarne Viking Classic. I either didn't let it dry enough or I'm really horrible at musketballing because it took an extra match or so after the first few minutes, but dang if this isn't an incredibly tasty tobacco!

I'm going to go broke buying all of these GLP blends...
    That US is a good smoke, isn't it? A bit on the thick side for musketballing, but in any case, the musketball can be a little tough to light when it's too moist, but so would a fold and stuff. I'm hammering some Chocolate Flake in the FourDot pot right now that I cube cut ala SWR. Burning very nice, but even after drying out it took three matches to really get it going good.

That US is a good smoke, isn't it? A bit on the thick side for musketballing, but in any case, the musketball can be a little tough to light when it's too moist, but so would a fold and stuff.
    It was pulled apart pretty well when it got to me, and I shredded it a bit more before letting it dry out, but it seemed to work okay once I got it going. I think next time I'll give it another 30 minutes longer and see if that helps.

I'm letting some Fillmore from 2008 dry right now, that will be my next bowl.

I'm trying to bring the "N" level back in check - I never caught up after missing my after dinner pipe last night - so its Bayou Morning Flake (thanks Jim) in my Pete St. Pat Billiard.

Andrew - I'm glad you like those aged GLP blends, but we really owe RJPuffs for the great smokes. I got both from him, so he did the hard part - the aging... I think he might still have a tin of the Fillmore for sale in the WTS forum if you like it.

More than welcome, Dan! Yep, BMF should serve the purpose. Sure works when I've used it.

I must say that I've discovered that JKP packs a wallop too! It doesn't have that reputation as far as I know, not like IF and Happy Bogie for sure, but I'll put in a nomination at least. (Maybe it's just me. ) Think I'm sizing down with this next load of JKP, to the Bari Dana. Nice.

More than welcome, Dan! Yep, BMF should serve the purpose. Sure works when I've used it.

I must say that I've discovered that JKP packs a wallop too! It doesn't have that reputation as far as I know, not like IF and Happy Bogie for sure, but I'll put in a nomination at least. (Maybe it's just me. ) Think I'm sizing down with this next load of JKP, to the Bari Dana. Nice.
    +1 for JKP and it's nicotine content. . .and I just noticed they've released it in "bulk" 8 oz containers. Will definitely be part of my next P&C order.

I, too, am having a nic-friendly afternoon smoke: G&H Kendal Kentucky in my trusty Savinelli Duca Carlo billiard.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEnormous View Post
    +1 for JKP and it's nicotine content. . .and I just noticed they've released it in "bulk" 8 oz containers.
    Yep, JKP and Lagonda are now in 8oz tins... It's like Christmas came really early (or slightly late)!

Page 5 of 388 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast