Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 8 of 388 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

The Afternoon Smoke Break

This is a discussion on The Afternoon Smoke Break within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; And mine still does. I think I was running something like Firefox 3.8, so I exited, closing all tabs. Apparently ...

Re: The Afternoon Smoke Break

And mine still does. I think I was running something like Firefox 3.8, so I exited, closing all tabs. Apparently it was trying to update, which seems go awry with Firefox more often than not. I killed it in the Task Manager, then restarted it, getting a new update to -- 10.0! And indigosmoke still shows in gray background. So odd. Not even this JKP is helping out. Still drawing strength from the 4Dot.

Was just following a Sasieni Four Dot for a while at $32. Thinking, watching...yeah, $178. Bag that! And some jerk just beat me out of a Falcon and Kaywoodie metal pipe for a stinking $21.50. Or was it $31.50? Doesn't matter, it was a steal probably. I KNEW I should have put something bigger in there! (One of you heartless creeps, no doubt. )
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Took a Chocolate Flake out and let it dry. Tore it up and stuffed it hard in the TwoDot pot, crumbs on top. Another five or ten minutes and this will settle down to a beautiful stoke. Drawing wonderfully well. This stuff is really smooth. Hmmm....didn't really have to wait that long! Burning great!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish RupturedDuck's Avatar

I haven't tried the chocolate flake yet. I like an occasional aromatic as much as the next guy...but I'm having a hard time picturing chocolate. I'm a curious sort, so one day I know I'll add a tin to an order....

This afternoon, I'm enjoying some Arcadia from McClelland's 221B Series in a freehand Danish style pipe made by Arley Curtz. I packed it just a bit too tightly, but it is smoking nice and cool. I'm now staring at my jar of HotW, and thinking I wish I was smoking that right now. No worries, this bowl will be done in a half an hour or so....

RD
    Last edited by RupturedDuck; 02-07-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RupturedDuck View Post
    I haven't tried the chocolate flake yet. I like an occasional aromatic as much as the next guy...but I'm having a hard time picturing chocolate. I'm a curious sort, so one day I know I'll add a tin to an order....
    It's not an aromatic at all in my book, although I grant you it meets one of the definitions that would include Royal Yacht. There's a little cocoa flavoring in the casing/topping that you can smell in the jar, but not much of it in the smoke and the room note is certainly not something to write home about. Supposedly, there's Latakia in there, but I can't find it. Tastes like tobacco to me. It's just a creamy good smoke -- and I'm still workin' with it in the TwoDot!

3yr old Haddo's Delight from a sample that RJPuffs gifted to me. It's a great midday smoke IMO, just enough umpff to give me what I needed.

I've got a chunk of LGF sitting out to dry for this evening. It is quickly becoming one of my favorites!

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    I've got a chunk of LGF sitting out to dry for this evening. It is quickly becoming one of my favorites!
    Mine too! And I don't even have any open right now. After the BMF is gone I think. And I'm STILL working on this Chocolate Flake. Nice burn!

Since I sat down to review the two of them, I figured I'd smoke some Middleton Walnut in a Nording Signature freehand.
    Enabler, Philosopher and Resident Imbiber

Great Hiatus in my custom McCarter. It's gonna be a good afternoon!
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Makin' a break for the dart board with the CGent full of 5B and SB for the ride, half and half. Check ya later!

Breaking in my new Peterson Red spigot 80s Bent Bulldog with some LBF. Waited a long time to find this pipe available...was worth the wait.
    I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
    Edgar Allan Poe

Mixed some SB with my new Kendal Kentucky. Nice combo!

McClelland anniversary 2005 in my Pete bent billiard spigot. Lovely!

A couple of posts about BF#1 put me in the mood for it.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish RupturedDuck's Avatar

I was out of the office this morning in meetings. When I arrived home after lunch, I noticed that the nice UPS driver had dropped off this pipe that I had just purchased from David Jones, the crafter:

The Afternoon Smoke Break-img_0571.jpgThe Afternoon Smoke Break-david-jones-02.jpg

It is the biggest pipe in my collection now! I'm very happy with it, and currently enjoying a bowl of HotW. I believe this one is going to last a while!

RD

That's a nice pipe Gabriel. I really like the coloring on the rim.

Page 8 of 388 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast