Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 9 of 388 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

The Afternoon Smoke Break

This is a discussion on The Afternoon Smoke Break within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Thanks Dan! It is a rock solid sitter also...putting this pipe down is like setting down a glass....

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish RupturedDuck's Avatar

Re: The Afternoon Smoke Break

Thanks Dan! It is a rock solid sitter also...putting this pipe down is like setting down a glass.

Nice pipe, Gabriel!

Still puffing away on some Ennerdale in the Country Gentleman. I broke it up and basically did a Frank fill, fresh out of the can. Even moist, this stuff smokes down beautifully. Have only had to relight once when I set it down to get more coffee. Wonderful stuff, Ennerdale .

Just finished it. I'm always impressed with this stuff. Nothing ever comes out of the pipe but ash.
    Last edited by freestoke; 02-09-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Still puffing away on some Ennerdale in the Country Gentleman.

My afternoon smoke is HOTW today!
    Never trust anyone over 30.

I can pass over a blend a million times...but for some reason, talking about it here on Puff makes me crave it. I mentioned Sterling blends in another thread, and could help grabbing the 1776 Tavern this afternoon (in the CG cob).

Speaking of....I might have to open that dusty jar of Dark Flake Scented later. I'm pretty sure I have enough for a bowl for me and a little sample for both of you guys, Jim and Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by gahdzila View Post
    Speaking of....I might have to open that dusty jar of Dark Flake Scented later. I'm pretty sure I have enough for a bowl for me and a little sample for both of you guys, Jim and Andrew.
    None for me, Clifford! Thanks anyway, but I hate maple flavoring. I can take the heliotrope, musk and rose petals, but maple grosses me out. Now if you'd like some Ennerdale...can't remember if you said you'd tried it or not.

I'm smokin' some BCA and PPP right now. Not sure what's in the PPP right now, but there's rather too much of it.

None for me, Clifford! Thanks anyway, but I hate maple flavoring. I can take the heliotrope, musk and rose petals, but maple grosses me out. Now if you'd like some Ennerdale...can't remember if you said you'd tried it or not.

I'm smokin' some BCA and PPP right now. Not sure what's in the PPP right now, but there's rather too much of it.
    How can anyone hate maple?!?

Looks like Andrew's bomb just got a little bigger!

I think it's the tonquin bean in it that blows my taste buds out of the water. I say "I think" because I don't know that I've ever had tonquin anywhere else. I can handle Dark Flake Scented only in small occasional doses.

No thanks on the Ennerdale! I bought a tin recently. I'll get around to it eventually!

How can anyone hate maple?!?
    I love maple on pancakes and waffles, or bacon or ham fried in some maple syrup, and that's about it. Don't like ice cream, candy or anything else I can think of with maple in it.

I came in here to say that I changed my mind at the last minute and switched from HOTW to St Bruno, and saw this...

Looks like Andrew's bomb just got a little bigger!
    Gah!

You really, really don't need to do that, Clifford. I would pick some up eventually anyway!
    Last edited by szyzk; 02-09-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    You really, really don't need to do that, Clifford.
    Of course he does.

Having some more PA in the Two Dot Canadian. Smoked a lot of PA today, PA and a bowl of Ennerdale. (Oh, and some PPP+BCA, which was NOT great I'll have you know.) Got St. Pauli Girl giving me a hand with this one.

Having some more PA in the Two Dot Canadian. Smoked a lot of PA today...
    I've read the reviews. I've given it thought. And now I come to you folks for advice...

I've never tried an OTC. Given that my tastes run more to full but I'm perfectly capable of appreciating something lighter, what OTC tobacco should I start with? PA? SWR? Carter Hall? Granger? Sugar Barrel?

Yes I do! I'm happy to finally be finishing off the jar!

As for OTCs....PA is my favorite so far. CH is very similar to me, but has a somewhat heavier dose of sweet topping...and it's a bit too much. SB tasted ok to me, and lots of gentlemen seem to really like it, but it tasted VERY mild to me, so I personally wouldn't recommend it to you. I'm just starting on SWR...it's different to me...so far, it's not bad but not great, but I need to smoke some more before I can give an objective assessment.

Get yourself some 5 Brothers to mix in your OTC to give it some more whallop!

You know what? I'm not super keen on this SWR and I've got boatloads of 5 Brothers, so I'll send you a little of those, too.
    Last edited by gahdzila; 02-09-2012 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Addendum

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    I've read the reviews. I've given it thought. And now I come to you folks for advice...

I've never tried an OTC. Given that my tastes run more to full but I'm perfectly capable of appreciating something lighter, what OTC tobacco should I start with? PA? SWR? Carter Hall? Granger? Sugar Barrel?
    I'd hate to think you hadn't read my review, Andrew! The Humble Prince

Right now I'm using some PA to exorcise the Ennerdale ghost that I cursed the Country Gentleman with earlier.

I have more PA than anything else. Just in case. I should get more.

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Had a nice cigar today while I read some Nest in the Wind by Martha C. Ward. A fascinating layman's ethnography on the Pohnpeians and their culture.

Pohnpeians!? I must say, I have never heard of them, and in my experience that makes them WEIRD! (Had to look that one up, Kyle!)

I have this urge to not think about it too much while chasing my third St. Pauli Girl, and just stoke up the CGent again with PA and have done with it. Either that or the new Kendal Kentucky.

KK! I need some nicotine to balance the alcohol! (We learned these important rules of thumb in the counter-culture of the 60s.) And a pipe substitution. Back to the Two Dot Canadian!

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Pohnpeians!? I must say, I have never heard of them, and in my experience that makes them WEIRD! (Had to look that one up, Kyle!)

I have this urge to not think about it too much while chasing my third St. Pauli Girl, and just stoke up the CGent again with PA and have done with it. Either that or the new Kendal Kentucky.

KK! I need some nicotine to balance the alcohol! (We learned these important rules of thumb in the counter-culture of the 60s.) And a pipe substitution. Back to the Two Dot Canadian!
    They're quite an interesting group! Have very unique customs on sexuality. Rather than courting, marrying, and then mating (or courting, mating, and then marrying), they mate, marry, then court. Having intercourse is normal but if a girl is seen "dating" a guy (as we would say), they are considered married. They typically marry after they conceive then begin eating, living, and socializing with each other.

Also, because they're a matrilineal society, there are no illegitimate children from the pre-marital births. Children are considered related to their mothers but not the man that actually led the mother to conceive. Whatever man marries a woman is considered the father of any children she has or had.

Page 9 of 388 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast