Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Puff 2012 Pipe Purchase Thread - Get Your Tinsky Here!

This is a discussion on Puff 2012 Pipe Purchase Thread - Get Your Tinsky Here! within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; A great looking pipe and I have had a Tinsky in the past so I can attest to the quality. ...

Re: Puff 2012 Pipe Purchase Thread - Get Your Tinsky Here!

A great looking pipe and I have had a Tinsky in the past so I can attest to the quality. A little too pricey for me at this time though.
    "I was gonna yell FORE, but I was too busy mumbling "No way that's gonna hit him"

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drastic_quench View Post
    I am happy that Peterson didn't win because:

The Puff Pipe stays handmade for three years in a row.
    It is more unique and not nearly as easy to come by.
    The drilling/engineering will be reliably impeccable across the board.
    It's made in the USA for the first time.
    It is arguably the best yet. This should only get better every year.
    Very...very, well put!

I'm super proud that this pipe will be made in the USA!!!

Great job John!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

I've received an update from Mark.

He is really quite flexible about how we proceed. First of all, based on his schedule, he said he should be setup and ready to make our pipes so that they are ready in late Spring, early Summer. He's finishing up a few custom jobs now after which he will be able to devote his attentions to our pipes.

He also said that he will be able to offer the pipes for purchase through his website, so we will not have to collect all the money up front and set a date in the near future for purchase commitments, so hopefully this will help at least a few more people be able to purchase the pipe throughout the year.

As for finishes, Mark said he certainly can offer multiple finish options if we would like. For his Coral finish he can do natural (more of a golden color), naked Dress ( black), and dark stain. For blasts he can do tan, dark stain or naked Dress. He offers his mixed Black and Tan finish, and he can do his regular smooth finishes as well.

For those of you unfamilar with his finishes, here is the link to his website. As there are so many options, rather than posting pics here I'll let you all check them out on his site.

Pipes

As for stems, he is currently out of the amber material in the photo at the top of this thread, but hopefully should be getting more by the time he is doing our pipes. Or we could go with a black stem, of course. Or leave it as an option for the buyer.

If we so desire, Mark is willing to offer all of these choices on his website. Buyers would just have to go to his website and order their pipe. He can accept cc, PP, or checks. You could email him to discuss special requests or put any special requests on your order form.

As for price, if you take a look at Mark's website you can get an idea of how each finish would effect the price. Remember, he quoted us $185 for the blast finish. If we decide to go with multiple finish options or with a limited subset of finish options (all blasts, for example, but any of the color choices) I'll get specific prices from Mark. He will work directly with the buyer for any other customizations you might desire and you could discuss the price of such modifications directly with Mark.

The only question I have is...do we want to pick one finish/stem/stem insert option to have all the pipes be the same, or do we want to just have the same stamping on all pipes and let the buyer customize the rest? Or perhaps something in between, like the previously mentioned blast with any color option. What makes it a more special club pipe to you?

I'm going to be calling Mark to finalize all the details with him. I just want to clarify exactly what we want before I speak to him, so if you have any thoughts on the above or anything else I should discuss with Mark please post here. I want to get all my ducks in a row before I call Mark.
    Last edited by indigosmoke; 03-21-2012 at 01:51 PM.
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish mmiller's Avatar

Sounds good to me, personally I would like it if we all had the same stamp or something that is just one detail and then leave the rest up to the buyer, then we can all drool over each others creations. This will also allow for a customized club pipe, that just me though, I wasnt around on here for the Puff meerschaum pipe but if the different options for buyers worked out well for that I dont see why it woundnt be a great idea for a briar pipe.
    Pipes, Cigars and Snuff

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Hannibal's Avatar

I also agree that the stamp/logo/whatever be the same and let the individual be the one to pick out his or her own everything else. At least the stamp will be 100% the same.
    My Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/hannibal
    Proud to have served 1988-2000 U.S. Army!!

Quote Originally Posted by mmiller View Post
    Sounds good to me, personally I would like it if we all had the same stamp or something that is just one detail and then leave the rest up to the buyer, then we can all drool over each others creations. This will also allow for a customized club pipe, that just me though, I wasnt around on here for the Puff meerschaum pipe but if the different options for buyers worked out well for that I dont see why it woundnt be a great idea for a briar pipe.
    What he said!
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Max_Power's Avatar

I agree too. The stamp & shape being the same, with other finish options left to the individual. That way everyone gets a special puff pipe, but with a degree of customization that makes it even better for the individual buyer.
    That which is falling, should also be pushed

I agree, since the actual pipe and stamp will be identical, leave the finish details up to the buyer.
    The cake is a lie!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

That's what I figured guys. Makes sense to me. I'll confirm everything with Mark and report back here.
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    What he said!
    Ditto

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Ditto what others are saying...as well as it might encourage others on the fence, to buy this years pipe...being able to customize it to what we each want.

At this point...as things can change for me, I like this exact finish, color, stem, insert, etc.! (However, I do see that this was his Christmas 2011 pipe...but still looks great...and we have a much better price!)

Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Lightbulb Re: Puff 2012 Pipe Purchase Thread - Get Your Tinsky Here!

Ok well I thought I would help out a bit and gets some pics of the available options up:

Coral Finish:

-Naked

-Naked Dress

-Natural

-Dark

Blasts:

-Tan

-Dark

-Naked *This is a Coral, but it shows the Natural color*

Black and Tan:

Regular Smooth:

Hope this helps!!!

I absolutely love this pipe. I hate that it's beyond my price range though. Otherwise, this semi-FOG approves very much of the choice. It is certainly the best looking, and probably the best made of the options, however being an underpaid homeowner with a dog, wife, and wellfare to consider, I'm not froggy enough to jump. Can't wait to see what this looks like in a naked blast though! I love nat finished pipes....

SOMEONE ORDER ONE IN NATURAL BLAST AND SMOKE THE HELL OUTTA IT SO I CAN WATCH IT COLOR!

Puffer Fish with many spikes Hambone1's Avatar

I'd be up for getting one of these. It looks beautiful.
    Puffers will push you down the slippery slope of PAD/TAD! Get out while you can!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish RupturedDuck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FiveStar View Post
    SOMEONE ORDER ONE IN NATURAL BLAST AND SMOKE THE HELL OUTTA IT SO I CAN WATCH IT COLOR!
    If he offers a coral, the naked coral will be my pick. Otherwise I'll get the naked blast. The only other "naked" pipe I've had is an Irish Seconds I've had forever. To look at it now, you'd think it came nicely stained as a normal smooth Pete...maybe a little less glossy, but just a deep leathery brown with very pronounced birdseye. I'm looking forward to this transformation in the Tinsky (although it probably won't have birdseye).

RD

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast