Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Puff 2012 Pipe Purchase Thread - Get Your Tinsky Here!

This is a discussion on Puff 2012 Pipe Purchase Thread - Get Your Tinsky Here! within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Very nice....

Re: Puff 2012 Pipe Purchase Thread - Get Your Tinsky Here!

Very nice.
    It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes.

At the risk of being a pain in the... Is this moving forward or what?

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

Sorry guys! I've been neglecting my Puff duties lately due to other pressing concerns. I just have to touch base with Mark. I'll get all the final info posted here by tomorrow or Thursday at the latest!
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

No problem John...I am rarely around much more myself...only as I am working on a 'very long process'/career change...

So, I know you will get us the info as soon as you have it!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Hi Guys!

Thanks again for your patience. I heard back from Mark yesterday and so I have the answers to our final questions.

He has decided that he'll just start making a few pipes and get ready to go to full production on July 1st to make things easier. So you can go ahead and contact him via his webpage to place your order when you are ready. One other minor note. The least expensive blast on the order page is $195 (thanks for noticing Mike W!) but he'll do the $185 price he quoted when all of the pipes were going to be blast. He'll make the adjustment. Again make sure to let him know it's a Puff 2012 club pipe in the special instructions section of your order.

So to summarize everything:

As we discussed before he has no problem with allowing each member to select the specific options for their Puff pipe. He told me that we can just use his Christmas Pipes page for information on pricing for different finishes, etc and order through this page:

Current Christmas Pipe

Be sure to indicate your pipe is a Puff 2012 pipe on the special instructions section of the website order form and contact him through his website with any questions you have or to make any special requests. Mark's an avid fisherman and is often away on fishing trips, so it may take a day or two to for hime to get back to you, but he's very friendly and easy with which to deal. I have really enjoyed all of my dealings with him. Of course, I'd be happy to assist any member in the process in any way I can, so let me know if I can do something to facilitate the process for you.

Mark will also be obtaining a supply of Mazur Birch which he will use as the standard stem insert material. Again, if you do not wish to have this material for your stem insert let Mark know when you place your order. All pipes will be stamped Puff 2012. Mark will begin full scale work on the pipes on July 1st and ship the pipes directly to each purchaser as they are completed.

I want to close by thanking everyone who has contributed to and been a part of this years Puff pipe process. It's been a wild ride, but I think the end result has been worth it. I can't wait to see the first pipe when it arrives in some lucky Puffer's hands.
    Last edited by indigosmoke; 04-28-2012 at 02:34 PM.
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

Thanks for the update and all the work on this John! I'm going to put in my order later tonight or tomorrow at the latest.
    The cake is a lie!

Okay, pipe has been ordered. I decided to go with the original dark blast finish in the end, although I really like that tan blast as well. I put "Puff 2012 pipe" in the comments section. So, I will be the guinea pig here and let everyone know if everything seems to work correctly.
    The cake is a lie!

...and already heard back from Mr. Tinsky regarding the order and the corrected price.
    The cake is a lie!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar

nice - very nice!!

I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!

Jason, that's great! Just let me know if you need anything, although I'm sure Mark will take good care of you. I'm still deciding on the finish, but the blast is certainly a nice option.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Max_Power's Avatar

This is probably a question for the carver, but does anyone know how the grading system and blast pipes works?

If I'm looking for nice even ring grain, should I be gravitating towards one or two star blasts?
    That which is falling, should also be pushed

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
    This is probably a question for the carver, but does anyone know how the grading system and blast pipes works?

If I'm looking for nice even ring grain, should I be gravitating towards one or two star blasts?
    Did you ever find out anything more on this?
    The cake is a lie!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Max_Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrewShooter View Post
    Did you ever find out anything more on this?
    I did. Can't believe I didn't think to post it earlier.

I asked Mark - "I have a question about the blast finishes on the 2012 puff pipe, and the normal vs. 1 or 2 star grades. I would love to purchase a pipe with a nice ring grain like on the tanblast christmas pipe you have shown and was wondering if that was something which was reserved for the higher graded pipes."

and he replied - "Hi Chris you are correct the star designation on the blasts are based on depth of blast and grain. A two star would have exc grain and blast A one star may have just either , certainly both would be good just probably not as defined as a two star. Briar blasts differently so there s no way to tell what particular pipe will be excellent MT"

Now I'm torn. I'd love a 2 star, but it's a little more than I'm comfortable spending. I'll probably opt for a 1 star rather than regular though.
    That which is falling, should also be pushed

Thanks for the info, Chris.

I also wanted to add that Mark will also discount the tan blasts $10.

I ordered mine. I was torn about my selection, but ultimately went with the Dress Coral. I don't have anything like that yet. I really like the tanblast too, but I have a blasted pipe already...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast