Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Puff 2012 Pipe Purchase Thread - Get Your Tinsky Here!

This is a discussion on Puff 2012 Pipe Purchase Thread - Get Your Tinsky Here! within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Mark Tinsky was selected by a poll of the members to create the Puff 2012 club pipe. Here is the ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

Puff 2012 Pipe Purchase Thread - Get Your Tinsky Here!

Mark Tinsky was selected by a poll of the members to create the Puff 2012 club pipe.

Here is the pipe that was selected:

I have sent an email to Mark letting him know the result of the voting and to get specific details on the finish color/stem/stem insert options he might have available for the pipe. I will post all the information here as I hear back from Mark, so stay tuned to this thread for information on how to purchase the pipe.
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Hannibal's Avatar

Re: Puff 2012 Pipe Purchase Thread - Get Your Tinsky Here!

Standing by for news......
    My Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/hannibal
    Proud to have served 1988-2000 U.S. Army!!

Can't wait, I've already got the cash set aside. So, I am definitely in!
    The cake is a lie!

Subscribified
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Looking forward to seeing the options, great work!

Alpha Puffer Fish drastic_quench's Avatar

I am happy for you guys that Peterson didn't win. If you'd still like a Pete, you can buy that exact pipe and simply get the band engraved at the mall. That's not a knock, but other than the discount, I didn't see any appeal there, because - again - you could have that pipe from smoking pipes in a week and have that exact engraving done the day you unwrapped it. Or you could save $50, have Peterson do it, and wait 8 months.

Good call.
    Any man who checks his watch while smoking his pipe is doing it wrong.

Mongo want!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

is the price set in stone or is he willing to negotiate a bit more depending how many people buy? Like for example if we give him the money for x amount of pipes upfront in cash, is he willing to work with us?

Hurray, that is one sexy pipe. I would want the exact color and stem pictured.
    People say motivation doesn't last ... neither does bathing. Thats why we do it everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by drastic_quench View Post
    I am happy for you guys that Peterson didn't win. If you'd still like a Pete, you can buy that exact pipe and simply get the band engraved at the mall. That's not a knock, but other than the discount, I didn't see any appeal there, because - again - you could have that pipe from smoking pipes in a week and have that exact engraving done the day you unwrapped it. Or you could save $50, have Peterson do it, and wait 8 months.

Good call.
    I really don't take this personally but I'll respond since I spearheaded the Peterson deal: you're essentially telling the people that can't afford the Tinsky not to worry because they wouldn't be happy or satisfied with the Pete. I guess I don't see the point in doing that... If 21 people didn't think they would be happy with it, they wouldn't have voted for it. And since all of these pipes are available to both Puffers and non-Puffers alike, it isn't a question of somebody getting something special beyond the engraving. The appeal was the discount and it would have allowed quite a few more Puffers to participate, that's the only reason it was offered.

I'm very happy with the Tinsky winning - I voted for it, after all - and I know it's going to be a great pipe, but I honestly would have purchased any of these because what's important to me is the "Puff 2012" that comes with the pipe.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Good call.
    So if a puff member has a pipe budget of $100 how does this work for them? Seems like this was a chance for the $100 club to get a Pete that they normally wouldnt be able to get and with a puff 2012 stamp to boot. I am glad it was a part of the vote and thank Andrew for doing the work.
    Pipe Tobacco Lotto winner for July 2014!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Great job John...and everyone that helped make this all happen!!!

Awaiting news on pipe, prices, options, etc.!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by drastic_quench View Post

Good call.
    I am so glad your happy for me not being able to afford the puff pipe this year. I called you a few names but decided it was best not to type them out and cool down myself.
    I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
    Edgar Allan Poe

Actually, I would have preferred the Luciano, but the Peterson would have done fine. I wasn't terribly fond of the Johs, but for the "team spirit", would have bought one of those, too. The argument that you can get the exact same Pete any day of the week cuts both ways, since that would be true of the Tinsky as well. Had the Zulu won, I probably would have bought the Tinsky anyhow, since I don't have one of those and always liked the shape, but I have a couple of bulldogs (one bent, one straight), a Rhodesian like 4Dot and a Rhodesianesque Savinelli, so the shape doesn't do enough in terms of expanding my collection.

I hope you understand that a Social Security check doesn't go as far as it once did and won't hold it against me if I beg off this year.

Looks like a great pipe, though! Smoke 'em if you got 'em!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Sorry about that.
    Last edited by freestoke; 03-19-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast