Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

looking for tobacco with good room note

This is a discussion on looking for tobacco with good room note within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I currently smoke Mcclellands Blackwoods flake and according to my family it smells like horse manure. I really enjoy the ...

looking for tobacco with good room note

I currently smoke Mcclellands Blackwoods flake and according to my family it smells like horse manure. I really enjoy the flake but would like to find something that won'tt stink up the house as much. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Puffer Fish with some spikes houncer's Avatar

Re: looking for tobacco with good room note

It's not flake but Pipes & Cigars Trout Stream and Lane 1Q have a great room note.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Room note for a pipe smoker or room note for non pipe smokers? Cus they are different

I'm guessing he means for others. Best advice...stay away from English blends! Outsiders don't usually favor Latakia! Lol

Captain Black seems to get the most compliments on room note from nonsmokers.

My suggestion would be to "perfume" what you're smoking. It's just a straight Va, correct? Add a bit of anything suggested here to it and you'll have some decent room note and still be able to smoke something fairly satisfying. Just a bit of Vanilla Cream Flake will perk it up, or Three Blind Moose. A little aromatic in the mix can go a long way.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Newbie in the ocean

To some nonsmokers, like my wife, nothing smells good. So I am relegated to smoking outside on the porch.

for non smokers, tobacco barns treasure chest gets compliments from men and women for me.

Switch to Dark Star for a couple of tins until they beg you to go back...
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiMikePA View Post
    I'm guessing he means for others. Best advice...stay away from English blends! Outsiders don't usually favor Latakia! Lol
    Funny thing is, my wife *prefers* the Latakia-heavy tobaccos for room note. She says it smells like a campfire, and she likes it. I think she's a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by pipinho View Post
    Room note for a pipe smoker or room note for non pipe smokers? Cus they are different
    Yeah I meant for non pipe smokers. I'm basically looking for that typical/generic pipe smell that everyone seems to love. I will give some of the suggestions a try. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    My suggestion would be to "perfume" what you're smoking. It's just a straight Va, correct? Add a bit of anything suggested here to it and you'll have some decent room note and still be able to smoke something fairly satisfying. Just a bit of Vanilla Cream Flake will perk it up, or Three Blind Moose. A little aromatic in the mix can go a long way.
    Winner! Why switch what ya like? Best suggestion by far!
    I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
    Edgar Allan Poe

Consigliere Cigarfellas loki993's Avatar

Ill put this out there first for frame of reference. 1 my GF actually likes the smell of pipe tobacco and 2 we were outside. Now with that aside..

Ive been looking fro something different from the Latikia and Virgina blends that Im usually smoking, basically a nice aromatic. The problem is they usually smell great but don't taste like anything, but maybe paper. I had a sample of some Bobs Chocolate Flake and I tried it last night. Ok first off it tastes really good and secondly she said it smelled amazing. It smells good in the bag, but she said it even smelled better then that while smoking.
    "How do you like that cigar?...Well, don't like it too much. They're more expensive than drugs. "

Puffer Fish with some spikes Derrick_Y's Avatar

Just tried boswell's berry cobbler and it was excellent.

My daughter said it smelled great

Grasshoppa

Another vote for Scotty's Trout Stream

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast