Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Look what I just scored!

This is a discussion on Look what I just scored! within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I'd have to chime in on the open it side, although I'd be careful opening and maybe have some fresh ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Xodar's Avatar

Re: Look what I just scored!

I'd have to chime in on the open it side, although I'd be careful opening and maybe have some fresh PA on hand to give me contrast. That's very cool, chances to smoke near 60 year old tobacco are hard to come by.

#1 McClelland apologist Contrabass Bry's Avatar

Your tin would make Steve Books cry!

"45 yr old burley, feh! I'll see you and raise you 15 years!!!"

Smoke that mother.

Smoke it, Dan. While an epicurean might find sufficient happiness in simply having and adoring it day to day, any pipe smoker worth his salt is an ardent hedonist. "Puff, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we may die."
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Yep. Time to decide if you're a collector or a smoker...
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Yep. Time to decide if you're a collector or a smoker...
    Well, my wife thinks I'm a HOARDER, especially when she glances at my cellar in the closet...

You guys are right, I'm definitely going to open it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xodar View Post
    I'd have to chime in on the open it side, although I'd be careful opening and maybe have some fresh PA on hand to give me contrast. That's very cool, chances to smoke near 60 year old tobacco are hard to come by.
    +1, no maybe about it. Definitely have some fresh on hand to compare.

And give us a review when you do try it!

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Well, my wife thinks I'm a HOARDER, especially when she glances at my cellar in the closet...
    I mentioned to a nonsmoking friend at one point that I had five years of tobacco on hand; after the look I got from him, I'll never mention such things again except here. At my age, everything seems to be a warning sign that I'm losing it...
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by gahdzila View Post
    +1, no maybe about it. Definitely have some fresh on hand to compare.

And give us a review when you do try it!
    I'll make sure you know exactly how it tastes!

Puffer Fish with some spikes imperial Stout's Avatar

Perhaps you can video tape yourself opening it and showing your initial experience with the tobacco for youtube...
    It's better to smoke in this life then the life hereafter.

Just noticed this comment about tax stamps on this site: DATING ENGLISH TINNED TOBACCO

A US tax stamp or remnants of the same is indicative of a tin dating from the 1950's or earlier. Note that the printed year on the tax stamp, 1926, is the year the tax law was enacted and says nothing about the age of the tin. However, if the tax stamp is largely intact you will find printed a "Series number", e.g. "SERIES 124". Adding 29 to that number will give you the approximate year of the tin, e.g. a tin with a series 124 tax stamp dates to around 1953. On occasion a US customs date will also be found rubber stamped on the tax stamp, this date will also give you the approximate date of importation.
    ********.com

i was thinking about this thread last night while trying to fall asleep (sad I know). How about an update???
    Pipe Tobacco Lotto winner for July 2014!

Not sad at all, Scotch, I've been wondering as well. Dan is on here regularly, and I can't imagine he would have smoked it and not told his bestest puff buddies about it so I assume he hasn't smoked it yet.

What about it, Dan?

Quote Originally Posted by gahdzila View Post
    Not sad at all, Scotch, I've been wondering as well. Dan is on here regularly, and I can't imagine he would have smoked it and not told his bestest puff buddies about it so I assume he hasn't smoked it yet.

What about it, Dan?
    I've been thinking a lot lately about this too.

I haven't opened it yet. I plan to, but I have seriously been considering the video requests on here and just haven't found the right time to set everything up and "tape" it (that should give away my age). Maybe tomorrow??

I have been smoking some fresh PA lately to calibrate the ole taste buds so I can give a comparative review. Stay tuned to this channel folks!

Pipe Tobacco Lotto winner for July 2014!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast