Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Look what I just scored!

This is a discussion on Look what I just scored! within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Didn't know you played classical guitar. That's is what I originally went to college for. Cg performance major for 5 ...

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Re: Look what I just scored!

Didn't know you played classical guitar. That's is what I originally went to college for. Cg performance major for 5 semesters. Pipes in guitars we something in common I reckon.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Removed per request

Jim, I bet you're not showing your shoes onacounta plastic spikes...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Plume View Post

Didn't know you played classical guitar. That's is what I originally went to college for. Cg performance major for 5 semesters. Pipes in guitars we something in common I reckon.
    Yeah, I play, but I really suck. I used to be a little better, but I never play scales or practice arpeggios, rasguedos or anything anymore. I topped out at level 8 or so, with the occasional "easy" level 9 piece, but my repertoire is generally level 5-7 now, where I can play comfortably. That's a Kantare spruce top in the picture, but my "real" guitar is a Masuro Kohno 20, 1974. Bought it new!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Very nice mine is a spruce by a German make I bought at one of the workshops I went to. Never saw any levels on my stuff had to do scales and stuff for university for sure. But what I learned in those times is what matters is that you enjoy it.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Awesome! That's what I was hoping to see here!!

Now, if I could only give Audrey some RG...

Oh well, thanks Mrs. Freestoke!
    Audrey says you're welcome and thanks for the RG! Say Prince Albert!

I have more than a hundred posts how do I give ring gauge?

Look left and down - click the little sheriff's star

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Plume View Post
    Very nice mine is a spruce by a German make I bought at one of the workshops I went to. Never saw any levels on my stuff had to do scales and stuff for university for sure. But what I learned in those times is what matters is that you enjoy it.
    I have a little core of pieces that have stayed with me over the years: Bach BWV 999 Prelude, a Sor Etude Op.35, No.16 (XV in the Segovia collection), a Carcassi Opus 60 No 13, Bach BWV 1007 Prelude, Bianca Fiore, Sor Op.6, No.9 (Segovia XIII), Barrios Danza Paraguaya and El Sueno de la Munequita, Villa-Lobos Prelude #1, Allan Jaffe Rag #2, Tarrega Isabel and Prelude 11. Stuff like that, things I liked at the time I learned them.

You still play, right!? Never give up! Never surrender!

And this is some major chutzpah, right here. Highjacking one of the greatest thread ever on puff!

Removed per request

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    I have a little core of pieces that have stayed with me over the years: Bach BWV 999 Prelude, a Sor Etude Op.35, No.16 (XV in the Segovia collection), a Carcassi Opus 60 No 13, Bach BWV 1007 Prelude, Bianca Fiore, Sor Op.6, No.9 (Segovia XIII), Barrios Danza Paraguaya and El Sueno de la Munequita, Villa-Lobos Prelude #1, Allan Jaffe Rag #2, Tarrega Isabel and Prelude 11. Stuff like that, things I liked at the time I learned them.

You still play, right!? Never give up! Never surrender!

And this is some major chutzpah, right here. Highjacking one of the greatest thread ever on puff!
    OK, mensch...chutzpah...where's Leo Rosen when ya need him? heh heh

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Audrey says you're welcome and thanks for the RG! Say Prince Albert!

Jim, wrong thread. This post belongs in the "Piper's Daily Dame" thread!

And by the way, I have a few recordings of Jim playing classical guitar that are FANTASTIC! When he says he sucks, its just more of Jim dishing out bologna again!!

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Jim, wrong thread. This post belongs in the "Piper's Daily Dame" thread!

And by the way, I have a few recordings of Jim playing classical guitar that are FANTASTIC! When he says he sucks, its just more of Jim dishing out bologna again!!
    I like bologna! The hijacking continues! Those are pretty standard and awesome pieces I am a huge fan of villa lobos preludes and etudes and yes I still play.

There's a super classical guitar forum, delcamp.us here, but it might be delcamp something else there in France. Anyhow, no ads at all. None. Totally non-commercial. Fantastic collection of sheet music (free), an unbelievable collection of recordings and videos by world class players -- and I mean world class -- all free. A world class guitar forum! Run by a Frenchman and based in France, started by Jean-Francois Delcamp, a Big Cheese player. I'm freestroke over there. Check out Jounis Stenroos on youtube, for example. A regular on delcamp. Lots of others.

Tell 'em I sent you.

Wow too good to be true ill check out. Hijacking continues!

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

@DanR WOW! What an unbelievable score -- and a great video. Jim just turned me on to this thread. I can see that the consenus is that it is excellent. Enjoy!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6