Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Puff 2013 Group Pipe - Open Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Puff 2013 Group Pipe - Open Discussion Thread within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hey there ROOSTER and PALE HORSE... I may be able to help you guys. I am hot after Nording Churchwarden ...

Pipe Smoker - Aromatics johncorosz's Avatar

Re: Puff 2013 Group Pipe - Open Discussion Thread

Hey there ROOSTER and PALE HORSE... I may be able to help you guys. I am hot after Nording Churchwarden stems. So in doing so I have had to buy (on the cheap) a few Nording pipes with the stem I love and the bowl I am not so much a fan of but you seem to love them. I have a partially rusticated signature natural and a partially rusticated sitter bowl. See the pictures: *Sorry, not enough posts to post pictures it seems. But I will keep trying if anyone is interested. I have a stained natural w/signature and a unstained with signature for sale with standard stems on them. I will try to post pics to my profile!

I am a fan of the Nording Pipes and I always try to find the ones that are at least 2" deep and 1" diameter for the chamber. This seems to provide the best aromatic tobacco smoking experience for me. I love the ay the flavor comes alive and is long lasting! Let me know if there are some here you find of interest and I can either sell them or trade for tobacco of equal value.

I have yet to buy one of the Puff pipes, I'm hoping to this year though. I'm all for Nording, especially if we have some wiggle-room as to the style & finish. I've personally always wanted a nose warmer with a huge bowl, probably a billiard.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Pale Horse

Quote Originally Posted by johncorosz View Post
    Hey there ROOSTER and PALE HORSE... I may be able to help you guys. I am hot after Nording Churchwarden stems. So in doing so I have had to buy (on the cheap) a few Nording pipes with the stem I love and the bowl I am not so much a fan of but you seem to love them. I have a partially rusticated signature natural and a partially rusticated sitter bowl. See the pictures: *Sorry, not enough posts to post pictures it seems. But I will keep trying if anyone is interested. I have a stained natural w/signature and a unstained with signature for sale with standard stems on them. I will try to post pics to my profile!

I am a fan of the Nording Pipes and I always try to find the ones that are at least 2" deep and 1" diameter for the chamber. This seems to provide the best aromatic tobacco smoking experience for me. I love the ay the flavor comes alive and is long lasting! Let me know if there are some here you find of interest and I can either sell them or trade for tobacco of equal value.
    Sorry man, I'm gonna have to pass. That's a lot of trouble just for a pipe stem, you know you can just buy the stems right? Click the link and scroll down to the bottom Nording Pipes

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    This got me poking around (instead of working...). This is a beautiful Nording dress freehand in the $90 range that I cannot stop staring at:

I know I'm a newb and don't have a whole lot of say yet, but d@mn! This is a B-E-A-Utiful pipe! I would throw down a Benjamin for this!

Hopefully, the Freehand option makes Nording a more likely possibility. I think there was a lot of support for him last year and it didn't pan out.
    The cake is a lie!

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0673 View Post
    I know I'm a newb and don't have a whole lot of say yet, but d@mn! This is a B-E-A-Utiful pipe! I would throw down a Benjamin for this!
    It is indeed beautiful. I am imagining it now filled with Royal Yacht. And I am salivating excessively doing so. . .
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Alpha Puffer Fish drastic_quench's Avatar

Still getting in touch with Sebastien. He cannot make the shapes that smokingpipes sells, as they have an exclusive contract with him concerning those shapes and briar stock. However, it looks like he may be able to make a custom shape if interested. I'll keep you posted.
    Any man who checks his watch while smoking his pipe is doing it wrong.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Got another email back from Erik Nording... He's putting me in touch with his distributor and seems more adamant than ever that if we want a freehand we should be able to work something out... That said, he also recommended I smoke a Nording cigar by Rocky Patel in the mean time... So... We'll see. haha

Bill

Pale Horse

Great news, Bill!

As far as the cigar, I think I'll just stick with Nording's pipes

Yeah, I'm gunna agree with you there. I can't tell if his recommendation is tongue and cheek or if it was just blatant self promotion... haha... I am fairly certain there is something of a language barrier, however... This email was cc'd to the distributor and someone else from the company. So, hopefully when he speaks people listen.

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Go nording where is he from.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Pale Horse

Quote Originally Posted by TheRooster View Post
    Yeah, I'm gunna agree with you there. I can't tell if his recommendation is tongue and cheek or if it was just blatant self promotion...
    I really do love his pipes, and I want to say that I'd be dying to try their cigars, but I'm honestly not interested in anything put out by Rocky. There are so many good cigars out there, I just can't bring myself to waste time and money with one from a consistently mediocre manufacturer

I already heard from the distributor. I'm going to be calling them in the next day or two... Now's the time for people to put down questions here they want me to sort out with them on the phone.

Pale Horse

Quote Originally Posted by TheRooster View Post
    I already heard from the distributor. I'm going to be calling them in the next day or two... Now's the time for people to put down questions here they want me to sort out with them on the phone.
    Would it be possible to get Erik himself to sign them as he does for the signature series? "Erik Nording - Puff 2013" would be pretty cool handwritten rather than stamped

Update on the nording front:

On a whim today I contacted a good BOTL here on puff (BazookaJoe) who also happens to own a tobacco shop... My understanding of how Nording works through distributors in the US is that even if we do make a deal with the distributor we would still have to find a retailer to go through. Joe kindly offered to be our retailer. Beyond that, he already has a relationship with the Nording distributor, as well as others, and is currently helping me negotiate what we can do as far as price, quantity, stamps etc... He's also agreed to help with other carvers/distributors we might be interested in that won't deal with us directly.

As it stands currently I believe that Nording will definitely be an option this year, and an extremely affordable one at that.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast