Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Puff 2013 Group Pipe - Open Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Puff 2013 Group Pipe - Open Discussion Thread within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; The briar would be cool....

Re: Puff 2013 Group Pipe - Open Discussion Thread

The briar would be cool.

F.O.G. with nice smokes OnePyroTec's Avatar

Agreed with a briar, especially since I'm already having an IMP meer made to my specs.

I hate to single anyone out but Storient should be removed from the list. If a BOTL had such a horrible experience that should be enough to give them the boot. I know they were nominated but we should show some repect to Pyro.
    Pipe Tobacco Lotto winner for July 2014!

Thanks for the thought Troutman, but no need to show me respect by not buying from Yavuz. I only offer ONE of the bad deal horror stories he made. If you want the truth, call PP. They closed his account from so many refunds/charge backs for not delivering what was paid for.

Alpha Puffer Fish drastic_quench's Avatar

Okay, that's good enough for me. When PP closes a VENDOR account, something's afoot.

Anymore estimates, or shall we get on with a three way vote?
    Any man who checks his watch while smoking his pipe is doing it wrong.

I'm going to be hit or miss for a few days to a few weeks so to be safe, I'd vote for a Sebastien BEAUD pipe.

I would purchase either wood/briar though regardless of design.

My vote would be sub-$150 on price. Shape, I'd love a cutty, you rarely see them at reasonable prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertlifter View Post
    JUST talking with another BOTL about just this in another thread. How do they smoke?

You posted this question a while ago, but no one has answered and the thread is still alive, so...

I don't have a Lepeltier, but I have a Zenith Old Mokum which is the same basic idea. I reviewed the pipe about 2 years ago:
    Pipe review- Old Mokum

Bottom line, the walls of the bowl get very hot, but the "smoke chamber" works and the smoke will be pretty cool. Like regular clays and meers, it smokes dry and it doesn't ghost easily. It isn't a regular smoke for me, but it is nice once in a while for a change of pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff10236 View Post
    My vote would be sub-$150 on price. Shape, I'd love a cutty, you rarely see them at reasonable prices.

You posted this question a while ago, but no one has answered and the thread is still alive, so...

I don't have a Lepeltier, but I have a Zenith Old Mokum which is the same basic idea. I reviewed the pipe about 2 years ago:
    Pipe review- Old Mokum

Bottom line, the walls of the bowl get very hot, but the "smoke chamber" works and the smoke will be pretty cool. Like regular clays and meers, it smokes dry and it doesn't ghost easily. It isn't a regular smoke for me, but it is nice once in a while for a change of pace.
    I should really pick one up. Should toss one in an upcoming order - they're darned cheap.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

I voted for shape and price range, but not material...

I would consider buying a pipe of any material, assuming the price was right and I liked the shape, but my preferences are briar, meer (close 2nd), and Lepeltier clay (ceramic).

As for makers, how about Mario Grandi? I have a few and they are decent pipes, the price is right (anywhere from $60 to the sky is the limit, but most are in the $70-100 range), they do some interesting designs, and they are hand made pipes. The only drawback is I doubt they'd do carbon copies, we could probably get a run that was similar (though I have no idea if they do commission work), but probably not identical (I've never seen 2 identical Mario Grandi pipes).

Alpha Puffer Fish drastic_quench's Avatar

If anyone would like another maker in the coming poll, get an estimate from them and post it here prior to 3/23. More options are always welcome.
    Any man who checks his watch while smoking his pipe is doing it wrong.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19