Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Puff 2013 Group Pipe - Open Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Puff 2013 Group Pipe - Open Discussion Thread within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; another option could be a balkovec briar pipe.. they make cool pipes too...

Re: Puff 2013 Group Pipe - Open Discussion Thread

another option could be a balkovec briar pipe.. they make cool pipes too

Alpha Puffer Fish drastic_quench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rogypipe View Post

I have had my "pm 2012 forums pipe" from Storient with a vanilla swirl stem. I also own 3 pipes from that company..Their quality is equal to imp or above.I took those photos from the other forum and from their web site.It is a very good company Storient Meerschaum Pipes - Each meerschaum pipe is carved out of Extreme Quality Turkish meerschaum blocks. - Each Storient Meerschaum pipe is an extreme quality meerschaum pipe -Our Meerschaum Pipe carvers are the top meerschaum pipe carvers in the that sells great meerschaum pipes at 4noggins.com and smokingpipes.com.They did an excellent job and provided awesome meerschaum pipes to www.pipesmagazine.com forum members.I have been hearing great things about those pipes with blue and other stem options.Someone can contact the owner guy who helped me with everything including price and stem color options.Pm forum members say that those pipes were the best meers they had in their life..so why not a puff.com 2013 Storient meerschaum pipe ?

Awesome. Definitely worth looking into. Mind sending them a message?
    Any man who checks his watch while smoking his pipe is doing it wrong.

I love the bent with the white stem.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rogypipe View Post
    ...so why not a puff.com 2013 Storient meerschaum pipe ?
    While those truly are beautiful pipes, they're too much like the meerschaum 2011 Puff Pipe the group had made by Altinok, the one I almost didn't not get:

It will most likely be many years before the group gets another meer.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Just received an answer from Yavuz Korpefiliz owner of Storient Meerschaum..
    He said they could make the 2013 pipe for reasonable price like 120 usd. since it would be a group pipe and he just wanted a minimum number of 20 pipes from us for that price which is very possible ?
    He said we could choose our model or models here and they could make it..

You can contact him too : storient@yahoo.com

I think we should vote that.. I am a meerschaum freak ok but I might like a briar from balkovec or a smilar pipe maker.However;If we decide on a meer from Storient count me in .. I love their quality and their pipes are perfect smokers.

Full grown Puffer Fish Goatmilk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    This got me poking around (instead of working...). This is a beautiful Nording dress freehand in the $90 range that I cannot stop staring at:

Nice story on the website, too. So thanks, Bill.
    WHY did you have to post this? I can't stop looking at it now

Puffer Fish with some spikes

I got an email back from Erik Nording this morning... He said that if the club wants a freehand they will definitely be able to help us, but he notes that they will not all look entirely alike.... I think we all knew that already. He also said that it would have to be through his North American distributor, and that he would be asking them to contact me. This sounds awfully familiar, given what I was told of the nording attempt last year... But I will soldier on.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRooster View Post
    I got an email back from Erik Nording this morning... He said that if the club wants a freehand they will definitely be able to help us, but he notes that they will not all look entirely alike.... I think we all knew that already. He also said that it would have to be through his North American distributor, and that he would be asking them to contact me. This sounds awfully familiar, given what I was told of the nording attempt last year... But I will soldier on.
    Press on, press on. Hey, at least that wrote you back.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRooster View Post
    Hi Guys. I haven't had too much Puff time lately as I've recently returned to school full time so combined with work I haven't had much free time. I just had a chance to catch up on this thread. Glad to see DQ has it going again for 2013.

As I was the one who talked with Eric, et al, last year I figured I'd chime in here. It does sound the same as last year, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. One of the issues with the distributor last year was the fact that we wanted all of the pipes to be of the same, classic shape (a bulldog). The distributor sold the pipes in batches of 5 different shapes so it made it difficult for them to meet our order. Also, there was an issue with getting Eric to stamp the pipes for us as the pipes were already here and Eric was back in Europe. I have a feeling that a freehand might eliminate the identical shape issue and that with such an large lead time (still 2.5 months until 2013 even begins) stamping, etc, might not be too much to overcome. I also believe a vendor will have to be chosen to sell the pipes, but Eric sells on all the big sites so I'm sure SP or PnC or someone else could handle that for us. Or maybe the distributor could ship to someone here who would send them on. Not sure how that would work with sales tax, etc, though. Anyway, both Eric and his distributor couldn't have been nicer to talk to and deal with last year. I'm sure they will help Puff out if there is any way they can.

Also, Sebastian was very nice to deal with as well. He seemed interested as well. I think there is a good chance that he'll be interested in the Puff 2013 pipe.

I also know that no matter how it goes you'll all end up with a great pipe like in past years. I'm with DQ though. Don't base too much on these discussion threads. In most cases the vote draws more people than the discussion so the actual vote can be surprising. Last year from the discussion threads you would have thought the Pete would have won easily, but in the end the Tinsky edged out the Pete in the actual vote. I'll stay out of the specifics this year as I won't be buying the pipe. I've made so many pipes for myself in the past couple of years that I don't need any more pipes at the moment. In fact, I'm going to be selling all my pipes that don't have a sentimental value, so I'll have to resist the temptation to add a Puff 2013 to the old gang. That is until I see what beauty you guys select. Now if I can get the wife to buy the Puff 2013 as a present for me that would give it a sentimental value...hmmmmm.....where there is a will, there is a way, as they say.
    Last edited by indigosmoke; 10-21-2012 at 02:21 PM.
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    It will most likely be many years before the group gets another meer.
    That would be my thought as well as most of us think of briar as the 'main pipe material'.
    ********.com

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Browsing nording at sp I saw the natural freehand and I may be in love.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

I don't have a meer or a freehand though...hmmmmm
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Pale Horse

Fingers crossed that a deal can be reached with Nording's US distributor

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Horse View Post
    Fingers crossed that a deal can be reached with Nording's US distributor
    I shall do my best, sir.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast