Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Puff 2013 Group Pipe - Open Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Puff 2013 Group Pipe - Open Discussion Thread within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; This the thread to toss out ideas for what we'd all like to see in 2013's pipe. Styles, carvers, materials, ...

Alpha Puffer Fish drastic_quench's Avatar

Post Puff 2013 Group Pipe - Open Discussion Thread

This the thread to toss out ideas for what we'd all like to see in 2013's pipe. Styles, carvers, materials, voting and polling process -- it's all up in the air. There's absolutely no obligation. This is just to get a discussion going.

I'm sure nothing will be finalized for at least six or seven months, so if you think you want in, you've got plenty of time to start scrimping.
    Any man who checks his watch while smoking his pipe is doing it wrong.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Re: Puff 2013 Group Pipe - Open Discussion Thread

As everyone knows I'm a huge fan of Tinsky's pipes an he showed how easy he is to deal with by allowing each member to customize to their liking. I personally would love to see him do the 2013 pipe.

Pale Horse

I would really like to see HWeibe as the 2013 Puff pipe maker

Well we don't even know if hweibie is up for it. As for tinsky he already did the 2012 pipe so lets try to get someone else

Alpha Puffer Fish drastic_quench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Horse View Post
    I would really like to see HWeibe as the 2013 Puff pipe maker
    That's interesting. I've only seen and read good things about his work. And he's game for tackling different shapes.
    Any man who checks his watch while smoking his pipe is doing it wrong.

I think that if we are going for brand pipes that we should get a good deal on them, or we help out indie pipe makers assuming their prices are reasonable

Puffer Fish with many spikes johnb's Avatar

i think we should talk to our own hekthor weibe

I'd love to have h.weibe do it, but I doubt he'd be able to meet the demand, That or we'd be getting our pipe by the time the 2014 pipes arrive. Not hating on him at all. One guy can only do so much.

I vote for churchwarden as the style.

Puffer Fish with many spikes johnb's Avatar

i agree but they all more or less look the same.. the reason i did not buy one last year was because i am a member of another forum who also had tinsky make their custome pipe of the year and ours was almost identical...
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiMikePA View Post
    As everyone knows I'm a huge fan of Tinsky's pipes an he showed how easy he is to deal with by allowing each member to customize to their liking. I personally would love to see him do the 2013 pipe.

Weren't there a couple of carvers last year that passed but said they might be interested in the future?
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Young Puffer Fish

I would like to see Bob Hayes get some consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    i agree but they all more or less look the same.. the reason i did not buy one last year was because i am a member of another forum who also had tinsky make their custome pipe of the year and ours was almost identical...
    I understand where you are coming from, but I believe that has a lot to do without the fact that the members chose Tinsky's 2011 Christmas pipe as the club pipe. He will make any shape we ask him to make. If he is selected my obvious suggestion would be to pick a shape other than his upcoming 2012 Christmas pipe so it is more original.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

After reading last years thread, and seeing that we went with a more expensive, boutique type carver, that this year we should go with something more mass produced and affordable.

Newbie in the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by TheRooster View Post
    After reading last years thread, and seeing that we went with a more expensive, boutique type carver, that this year we should go with something more mass produced and affordable.
    Just curious, how much was last year's pipes?

Puffer Fish with many spikes mturnmm's Avatar

I would love to see a church warden....so I second the church warden suggestion!!
    Here's to us and those like us!
    God Bless our Troops...especially our Snipers!

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast