Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

View Poll Results: choose up to THREE

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • A & C Peterson Escudo Navy DeLuxe

8 40.00%
  • Solani Aged Burley Flake

8 40.00%
  • McClelland 5100 Red Cake

6 30.00%
  • McClelland Frog Morton's Cellar

12 60.00%
  • Dan Tobacco Milonga

2 10.00%
  • Rattray's Old Gowrie

3 15.00%
  • McClelland Blue Mountain

4 20.00%
  • Dunhill Flake

4 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tobacco of the Month Poll (January 2013)

This is a discussion on Tobacco of the Month Poll (January 2013) within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Let's hear some nominations for next month! ABF and Escudo have been on the list a LONG time! And Red ...

Re: Tobacco of the Month Poll (January 2012)

Let's hear some nominations for next month!

ABF and Escudo have been on the list a LONG time! And Red Cake has been on and off a few times, and will carry over again! Three great tobaccos that just can't seem to break through and win.

The tobacco of the month for January will be Frog Morton's Cellar. Review thread will be started on or around January 1st.

The tobacco of the month for December is Hearth and Home Anniversary Kake! Click here to post your review!

Carryovers
    A & C Peterson Escudo Navy DeLuxe
    Solani Aged Burley Flake
    McClelland 5100 Red Cake

New Nominees
    none yet!

Previous Winners with links to review threads
    Reiner Long Golden Flake
    Cornell & Diehl Billy Budd
    Prince Albert
    GLP Union Square
    Peterson Irish Oak
    GLP Jackknife Plug/Ready Rubbed
    Dunhill Nightcap
    Rattray's Red Rapparee
    Peterson University Flake
    Rattray's Hal O' the Wynd
    Dunhill Royal Yacht
    Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake
    Orlik Golden Sliced
    GLP Lagonda

Full grown Puffer Fish jobes2007's Avatar

Re: Tobacco of the Month Poll (January 2013)

I really want Escudo to win one month, because I need an excuse to smoke it. The store near me just got a bunch of tins in, I considered getting a few.
    Love free stuff? Love Pipe tobacco? Do I have the thread for you! http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/genera...al-thread.html

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by jobes2007 View Post
    I really want Escudo to win one month, because I need an excuse to smoke it. The store near me just got a bunch of tins in, I considered getting a few.
    I have 3 tins of it aging until it does win.

SG FVF! Just sounds good right now.

Quote Originally Posted by gahdzila View Post
    Let's hear some nominations for next month!

ABF and Escudo have been on the list a LONG time! And Red Cake has been on and off a few times, and will carry over again! Three great tobaccos that just can't seem to break through and win.

The tobacco of the month for January will be Frog Morton's Cellar. Review thread will be started on or around January 1st.

The tobacco of the month for December is Hearth and Home Anniversary Kake! Click here to post your review!

Carryovers
    Solani Aged Burley Flake
    McClelland 5100 Red Cake

New Nominees
    none yet!

Reiner Long Golden Flake
    Prince Albert
    GLP Union Square
    Peterson Irish Oak
    Dunhill Nightcap
    Rattray's Red Rapparee
    Dunhill Royal Yacht
    Orlik Golden Sliced
    GLP Lagonda
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desertlifter View Post
    SG FVF! Just sounds good right now.
    I love Fvf too but it's hard to get for most. However I don't believe others are from sg. I would like to see a battle of the navy flakes. How about sg navy flake. And capstan original navy cut.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

If we do Fvf ill second it for sure.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

aha, already have some FM Cellar on the way here

I have some jarred for when it does (so long as I am home when it does)
    Editing and deleting are two different things. You edit a whole by deleting a part; you cannot edit a part by deleting it. Webster can clear this up for you.

Leading Puffer Fish

How about SG 1792 Flake? It's seems to be getting a lot of play around here lately. Gives me an excuse to open it sooner rather then later!

Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Full grown Puffer Fish jobes2007's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Adding AK. I think we ought to try some rope, just for entertainment value. SG Black XX.
    I would definitely participate if we did the rope.
    Love free stuff? Love Pipe tobacco? Do I have the thread for you! http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/genera...al-thread.html

I would definitely participate if we did the rope.
    Maybe even a "generic rope". A few coins in the mail would cover the people without a rope/twist, not even of any kind, and no real interest in buying any, just so they could give it a go and add their reviews. (Only those promising a review get a sample, right?) A few would have some in their cellar where it's been gathering dusk because they find it unsmokable (but they HAVE to light another bowl for the review, even if they don't actually finish it ). The Happy Bogie never made the grade, but maybe a more Gothic example, like Black Irish X, would appeal more to the dark personalities here.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

I nominate the extraordinary, superb, and sublime: Bob's Chocolate Flake!

Ok, I'm at work posting from my phone. I think I got everything, but if I missed something, just remind me.

In order to keep things as newbie friendly as possible, we haven't been allowing any HTFs. FVF is currently unavailable at both P&C and SP.

Dave - what's Capstan? I'm not familiar with it, and I'm not seeing it at P&C or SP (though I am just poking around on the websites with my phone, and I may have missed it).

I'll definitely second 1792. This one has gotten a lot of chatter here lately. I've got a tin with about a year of age, and I'm dying to pop it!

Jim - Which rope? Or should I list a couple (and risk splitting the vote )? Black ropes seem to be getting the most attention, and the GH ropes are available in bulk, and also available as pre-sliced, so I would suggest GH Black Irish X/Sliced Black Twist. I'll put that down (and I'll personally second this or any rope ), and if you change your mind or want something different, we'll change it.

Carryovers
    Solani Aged Burley Flake
    McClelland 5100 Red Cake

New Nominees
    Samuel Gawith Navy Flake
    Samuel Gawith 1792 Flake * seconded
    Gawith Hoggarth Black Irish X (or Sliced Black Twist) * seconded
    Gawith Hoggarth Bob's Chocolate Flake

Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake
    Reiner Long Golden Flake
    Prince Albert
    GLP Union Square
    Peterson Irish Oak
    Dunhill Nightcap
    Rattray's Red Rapparee
    Dunhill Royal Yacht
    Orlik Golden Sliced
    GLP Lagonda

You know I found it in my BM and saw it had pretty good reviews on tobacco reviews and never thought to check if it was even available in the states. It's a navy flake though. Smells good. I withdrawl that but would love to see dunhil flake back up for nom.

If you can't denominate something that has recently been kicked off emp would be a good one with good availability.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast