Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

View Poll Results: choose up to THREE

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • A & C Peterson Escudo Navy DeLuxe

8 40.00%
  • Solani Aged Burley Flake

8 40.00%
  • McClelland 5100 Red Cake

6 30.00%
  • McClelland Frog Morton's Cellar

12 60.00%
  • Dan Tobacco Milonga

2 10.00%
  • Rattray's Old Gowrie

3 15.00%
  • McClelland Blue Mountain

4 20.00%
  • Dunhill Flake

4 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tobacco of the Month Poll (January 2013)

This is a discussion on Tobacco of the Month Poll (January 2013) within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Four carryovers and four nominees for a total of eight, so you can vote for up to three. Here we ...

Tobacco of the Month Poll (January 2013)

Four carryovers and four nominees for a total of eight, so you can vote for up to three. Here we go!

Solani Aged Burley Flake - A bold blend of dark fired burleys with a little light virginia for balance. The classic earthy heaviness of the dark fired burley really shines through, as does the nicotine that accompanies those heavy, robust flavors. (50g tin)

A & C Petersen Escudo Navy De Luxe - This old classic is a Perique/Va. curly cut tobacco in large coin size. (50g tin)

McClelland 5100 Red Cake - This is a style of English Virginia that has seldom been seen in America. A sweet, exceptionally soft, fully rubbed-out Matured Cake. 5100 is a wonderful blending tobacco as well as a fine, medium-bodied straight smoke. (bulk)

McClelland Frog Morton's Cellar - A mellow, fragrant Latakia blend aged with stave cubes cut from barrels used to mature and flavor Frog Morton's own special whiskeys. (50g or 100g tin)

Dan Tobacco Milonga (which I apparently misspelled in the last thread LOL) - A blend of sweet viriginia grades and extra smooth Black Cavendish seasoned with caramel and vanilla for a lingering aromatic smoke. (50g tin)

Rattray's Old Gowrie - This exceptional blend is a Virginia tobacco, rubbed-out for a finer cut and easier to pack. (50g or 100g tin)

McClelland Blue Mountain - Rich with the finest Mountain Latakia, a classic full Balkan pipe tobacco mixture, smooth and deeply fragrant. The inspiration for this elegant mixture was a 21-year-old tin of the legendary #759. (50g tin)

Dunhill Flake - Medium strength flake of selected grades of Lemon and Bronze Virginias. One of Dunhill`s most expert blends of highest quality. (50g tin)
    Last edited by teedles915; 12-01-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Re: Tobacco of the Month Poll (January 2012)

Leading Puffer Fish

Voted and READY!

What the heck is this?

We had nominations over the last couple of weeks for this poll for January's "tobacco of the month." After the poll closes, we all go out and buy the tobacco that wins, and post a review in a common review thread (which will be started around January 1st). All reviews, discussion about the reviews or about the winning tobacco, specific questions to reviewers about their thoughts, etc should go in the review thread...off topic discussion, discussion about the poll itself, nominations for next month, or any questions or suggestions about how this works should go right here in this thread.

I'm a newbie...can I play?

New to pipes? Don't worry, this is for you, too! You don't have to be an expert reviewer, just post up what you thought of it - what it tasted like to you, what it reminded you of, how much you liked it, etc.

The winner of December's tobacco of the month poll was Hearth and Home Anniversary Kake. The review thread is here. Feel free to jump right in!

BAH! Just realized I put the wrong year! Maybe a mod can fix it for me.

LOL Eric, I think you're always the first to vote!!!

Leading Puffer Fish

I dunno WHAT you're talking about. I don't have a problem. I didn't do it. Nobody saw me do it. You can't prove anything.

Re: Tobacco of the Month Poll (January 2013)

voted, and ready to start getting in on this. Not promising much in the way of review or input, but I'll give up something when I get a chance to smoke some.
    Editing and deleting are two different things. You edit a whole by deleting a part; you cannot edit a part by deleting it. Webster can clear this up for you.

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gahdzila View Post
    [/QUOTE]
    Review complete
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Get your votes in!

Voting ends tomorrow, gentlemen! FM Cellar has a handsome lead, but Escudo is definitely still within striking distance!

And the winner is....

Frog Morton's Cellar!

Here's some places to pick up a tin:

SP - 50g - $9.39 - McClelland Tinned Craftsbury: Frog Morton's Cellar 50g Tobaccos at Smoking Pipes .com
    P&C - 50g - $10.27 - McClelland Tin - Frog Morton's Cellar (50g)
    4Noggins - (50g not available) 100g tin - $15.79 - McClelland Frog Morton's Cellar Pipe Tobacco | 4noggins.com
    Mars - 50g - $9.25 - McClelland- Frog Morton Blends
    Cupojoes - 50g - $10.49 - McClelland Frog Mortons Cellar Pipe Tobacco - mccfmc
    IwanRies - 50g - $11.75 - McClelland Frog Morton Cellar 50g | Chicago's Pipe, Cigar & Tobacco Store | Iwan Ries & Co.
    Lil Brown, CI, JR - Not available

Yes! I picked up a tin of this a while back and I've had it sitting just in case it made the poll. In fact, I've bombed it or traded it to several people and haven't tried it.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Leading Puffer Fish

Sweet! I've been looking forward to tryiing this one.

Leading Puffer Fish

I got bombed a tin of this, so I'm really excited to crack that tin and try it out. I'm a big fan of FMOTT, and I'm hoping I like this one as much!

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

I need to get a tin of this or a sample. Been too long to write a review. At least I have a good case for yet another order.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast