Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Abandoned island

This is a discussion on Abandoned island within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hmm I thought about a scenario the other day that I thought about posting to see what members replies were. ...

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Abandoned island

Hmm I thought about a scenario the other day that I thought about posting to see what members replies were. The purpose is to kind of see what everybody's most valued pipe and tobacco are. I think this kind of thread would be fun just to think about and also help people with bombs and other gifts to other pipers and to just to get to know each other better. So if you feel like replying here's the scenario. You are in a plane crash and are the soul survivor on an island with little to no hope of rescue. You make it to shore and setup camp, the next day you explore the beaches and stumble across some of the debris. Depressed at the sight but in the need of supplies you search the wreckage only to find your favorite pipe, a life supply of pipe cleaners, a life supply of matches, all undamaged and a life time supply of your favorite tobacco that you were transporting back to the US ready and smokable. Also in the wreckage you find some undamaged clean mason jars for long term tobacco storage.

The name of the game is simple yet difficult. What is the pipe and tobacco you would be stuck with? Can't decide no worries don't post..... .
    Last edited by Dr. Plume; 12-04-2012 at 02:40 PM.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Leading Puffer Fish

Re: Abandoned island

My Ismet Bekler Meer and Stonehaven. Hands down, no question about it.

For me it is also hands down. Imp meer and anni cake.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Puffer Fish with many spikes Hambone1's Avatar

Peterson Fishtail Bulldog Spigot (red) and my local B&M Irish Puff (Aromatic tobacco)
    Puffers will push you down the slippery slope of PAD/TAD! Get out while you can!

No longer a community member.

I'd want a cob pipe and some of that LOTR blend I hear so much about. Lil new, thinking about going down the pipe slope and really like the idea of blending my own tobacco.
    Last edited by talidin; 12-04-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Puffer Fish with some spikes houncer's Avatar

My Savinelli Miele and some Squadron Leader.

Hamborger Veermaster, no question there. That tobacco limits which pipes I could use, so... My Dave McCarter churchwarden.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Dunhill Group 2 Billiard and McClelland Honeydew

Puffer Fish with some spikes

A good meer and St. James Flake

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Plume View Post
    For me it is also hands down. Imp meer and anni cake.
    A most excellent choice.

I would probably go with Haddo's Delight and the first pipe I ever bought, a 3/4 bent big bowled beast that hangs from the jaw very well. I'll need both hands free to build a giant Swiss Family Robinson style tree house, pineapple farm, etc.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Either a good meer, or a box of a few dozen MM cobs, and Hamborger Veermaster.

This very idea had me thinking about Swiss family. Good times!

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

My first thought was Billy Budd and my Sav bent as it's the largest bowled pipe I own. Then I realized there would be a lot of campfires over the years and the thought of that smoke with a constant pipe full of latakia might be a bit one dimensional. Also a lot of manual labor to survive and the Sav isn't the best clencer in the bunch.

Final answer is my MM Country Gentleman, forever stem (assuming I had purchased one by then) and an endless supply of Carter Hall. It's good morning noon and night while the cob is a true workhorse of a pipe. Lower maintenance, easy to clench and very durable.
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgreggor57 View Post
    My first thought was Billy Budd and my Sav bent as it's the largest bowled pipe I own. Then I realized there would be a lot of campfires over the years and the thought of that smoke with a constant pipe full of latakia might be a bit one dimensional. Also a lot of manual labor to survive and the Sav isn't the best clencer in the bunch.

Final answer is my MM Country Gentleman, forever stem (assuming I had purchased one by then) and an endless supply of Carter Hall. It's good morning noon and night while the cob is a true workhorse of a pipe. Lower maintenance, easy to clench and very durable.
    Well reasoned!

Pembroke and the pipe that Hwiebe made for me.

Someday.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast