Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

If you could only take one tobacco with you to escape the Zombie Apocalypse...

This is a discussion on If you could only take one tobacco with you to escape the Zombie Apocalypse... within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I gotta say that if I had to take only one blend to smoke while evading the deadly Zombie Apocalypse, ...

The Armchair Detective Mycroft Holmes's Avatar

Re: If you could only take one tobacco with you to escape the Zombie Apocalypse...

I gotta say that if I had to take only one blend to smoke while evading the deadly Zombie Apocalypse, I would have to go with McCelland's 3 Oaks Syrain. That stuff is amazing. ALSO, I would make it a point to travel in the exact opposite direction of Jim. Through his guidance I too have come to love Ennerdale, but I feel like there would be no rest in sight for his "party" because those Zombies would smell the glory of Ennerdale from miles away. We all love Jim, and I am confident he could handle those zombies, but I figure the less running I have to do, the more puffing I can do
    "It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: If you could only take one tobacco with you to escape the Zombie Apocalypse...

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft Holmes View Post
    ALSO, I would make it a point to travel in the exact opposite direction of Jim. Through his guidance I too have come to love Ennerdale, but I feel like there would be no rest in sight for his "party" because those Zombies would smell the glory of Ennerdale from miles away.
    They come like moths to an enclosed light fixture, bouncing against the glass, unable to get inside. The Ennerdale ambiance creates an impermeable zombie-proof perimeter, but the problem is that you have to keep smoking. They press against the barrier by the thousands, but if you stop smoking too long, well -- you're surrounded, and all that that ent(r)ails. Luckily, the ghost of Ennerdale lingers for days, so it's safer than it sounds. I would smoke it as a service to the other BOTLs on the island.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

The Armchair Detective Mycroft Holmes's Avatar

Well, it would be foolish of me to even doubt the scientific fact behind what you say, Jim. I know that in that evil lab of yours you have done years of extensive testing on that Ennerdale. I imagine there are few BOTLs who know as much as you do about that "pungent" baccy. Hope you're doing well, Friend!!

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    They come like moths to an enclosed light fixture, bouncing against the glass, unable to get inside. The Ennerdale ambiance creates an impermeable zombie-proof perimeter, but the problem is that you have to keep smoking. They press against the barrier by the thousands, but if you stop smoking too long, well -- you're surrounded, and all that that ent(r)ails. Luckily, the ghost of Ennerdale lingers for days, so it's safer than it sounds. I would smoke it as a service to the other BOTLs on the island.
    "It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes." - Sherlock Holmes

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

if you stop smoking too long, well -- you're surrounded, and all that that ent(r)ails.
    Now that's funny!

I hope it let's me give ya some RG for that one.

"Moorgan, we've come to get you Morgan." There will be no Zombie Apocalypse. Have no fear, Terry and I are here! Our cloud of 1792 is enveloping the earth as we speak, to save all of mankind and keep the future safe for generations (at least ours).

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft Holmes View Post
    Well, it would be foolish of me to even doubt the scientific fact...
    Latest data has proven, what he and I knew all along, the powerful anti-zombietic action of 1792 and that vaporized 1792 annilliates the deadly zombiteria.

See, we're not worried.

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

I'd say PA. Not especially rewarding to smoke but I'd never get sick of it. It's just the base minimum of pipe smoking for me.

Otherwise, Royal Yacht. I'd have a heck of a throat ache after a few weeks of smoking that all day though!

Quote Originally Posted by karatekyle View Post
    I'd say PA. Not especially rewarding to smoke but I'd never get sick of it. It's just the base minimum of pipe smoking for me.

Otherwise, Royal Yacht. I'd have a heck of a throat ache after a few weeks of smoking that all day though!
    You won't have TIME to be sick of it. And you'll have a lot more wrong with your throat than being sore, after it's ripped out and eaten by a zombie. Stock some Ennerdale and keep it handy. Some dilution works, so a 50/50 mix of PA and Ennerdale should suffice. But the rules call for only one so it must be Lakeland or else. Some studies indicate 1792, Glengarry Flake or Cannon Plug can keep them at bay, but with Ennerdale, a full, non-permeable barrier exists, so you don't even have to smell them. One can even sprinkle strands around a perimeter and keep them out, without even smoking it, but that is more a curious secondary effect, not one actually employed by pipe smokers.

You won't have TIME to be sick of it. And you'll have a lot more wrong with your throat than being sore, after it's ripped out and eaten by a zombie. Stock some Ennerdale and keep it handy. Some dilution works, so a 50/50 mix of PA and Ennerdale should suffice. But the rules call for only one so it must be Lakeland or else. Some studies indicate 1792, Glengarry Flake or Cannon Plug can keep them at bay, but with Ennerdale, a full, non-permeable barrier exists, so you don't even have to smell them. One can even sprinkle strands around a perimeter and keep them out, without even smoking it, but that is more a curious secondary effect, not one actually employed by pipe smokers.
    Zombies eat brains. Live brains. Please stick to the facts and stop trying to scare people with this tosh.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Zombies eat brains. Live brains. Please stick to the facts and stop trying to scare people with this tosh.
    Clearly you are not acquainted with the walking dead found here in the new world.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Right now for me, it's FVF or Orlick Golden. I am not an experienced pipe smoker though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonedog View Post
    Clearly you are not acquainted with the walking dead found here in the new world.
    Robert is old. There were fewer zombies when he was young, less was known about them before the current documentaries revealed the ecumenical nature of their diet, and his brain has long since seized up under a heavy load of neural plaque, incapable of digesting new information. No need to be snippy, Jon. Cut the old guy some slack. Plus, he's British. They haven't faced any real threats since Dracula.

Full grown Puffer Fish Couch_Incident's Avatar

I just picked up a bunch of Penzance. I now understand why some of you would take this with you.

Couch

Robert is old. There were fewer zombies when he was young, less was known about them before the current documentaries revealed the ecumenical nature of their diet, and his brain has long since seized up under a heavy load of neural plaque, incapable of digesting new information. No need to be snippy, Jon. Cut the old guy some slack. Plus, he's British. They haven't faced any real threats since Dracula.
    Apologies Robert, no offense was intended.

As for me, I am a fan of well aged Haddo's Delight and wouldn't be too upset if that's what I was stuck with.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

I just found this thread, so I'm slow. And, as even Ol' Man Robert most surely knows, the slow get eaten first. However, whilst being eaten, I would be enjoying my 23rd bowl of the day, of 1792 Flake of course.

And waiting for Mari to catch up and save me...
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    I just found this thread, so I'm slow. And, as even Ol' Man Robert most surely knows, the slow get eaten first. However, whilst being eaten, I would be enjoying my 23rd bowl of the day, of 1792 Flake of course.

And waiting for Mari to catch up and save me...
    Have no fear, as you have built up an immunity from the deadly zombiteria, and the anti-zombietic action of our cloud is saving the rest of the universe - including the infirm and old (rejoice, Robert, with us, as we will all be able to continue with our English lessons...)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast