Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

If you could only take one tobacco with you to escape the Zombie Apocalypse...

This is a discussion on If you could only take one tobacco with you to escape the Zombie Apocalypse... within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by ProbateGeek I just found this thread, so I'm slow. And, as even Ol' Man Robert most surely ...

Re: If you could only take one tobacco with you to escape the Zombie Apocalypse...

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    I just found this thread, so I'm slow. And, as even Ol' Man Robert most surely knows, the slow get eaten first. However, whilst being eaten, I would be enjoying my 23rd bowl of the day, of 1792 Flake of course.

And waiting for Mari to catch up and save me...
    I'm quite sure that if one searches (I won't create a verb with the noun here) on Google for "1792 Flake AND room note" the first three hits will say "repels zombies."
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Re: If you could only take one tobacco with you to escape the Zombie Apocalypse...

Quote Originally Posted by Desertlifter View Post
    I'm quite sure that if one searches (I won't create a verb with the noun here) on Google for "1792 Flake AND room note" the first three hits will say "repels zombies."
    I tried - didn't work. I did find "repels mother-in-laws" though. Which, when you think about it, is both better and sorta the same thing.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Desertlifter View Post
    Forgive the correction, but only Ennerdale is know to repel Zombies; 1792 has been shown, however, to kill the zombiteria bacterium in many recent, multiple blind, in vitrio studies. Yes, Terry and I (and untold, anonymous, others) do appreciate everyones' adulation for saving the world from impending doom.

However, as you have noted, Ennerdale is known to repel Zombies. So, in the unlikely event any Zombie may appear, I am prepared to smoke 1792 in my Ennerdale Ghost, thereby providing me with double protection. 1792, with a topping of Ennerdale, is the ultimate protection for an Acapolyspe.

Should that occur (unlikely, with Terry and I on duty), I am prepared to wear a string of, a "lei" if you will, fresh 1792 (gee, if that doesn't kill right there) and Ennerdale.

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    So, in the unlikely event any Zombie may appear, I am prepared to smoke 1792 in my Ennerdale Ghost, thereby providing me with double protection. 1792, with a topping of Ennerdale, is the ultimate protection for an Acapolyspe.
    Quite so. A brilliant stroke, Mari. In the spirit of Twain, I feel we should conscript "a man who doesn't amount to much, anyhow--who would be as well--or better--dead" (we will have many from the cigar side), to ghost a rack of pipes with Ennerdale for those of us who, for reasons beyond knowing, do not care for it. It could keep the cigarside of the island safe and free up the pipeside to enjoy whatever blend they bring with them.

I need to lay on a few extra pipes myself, since I have only the Szabo at the moment.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Philosopher Extraordinai Gigmaster's Avatar

Most likely either E.A. Carey's Grandma's Apple Pie, or Grand Cru, with a good corncob pipe.

In an emergency, just about any Cavendish would work.

If it was really bad, I would even smoke Prince Albert, before I would do without (if you really want a smoke, and Prince Albert is all that's available, it's not all that bad....)

Newbie in the ocean

I would cheat & take two: F&K Balkan Supreme and Syrian 3 Oaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigmaster View Post
    If it was really bad, I would even smoke Prince Albert, before I would do without (if you really want a smoke, and Prince Albert is all that's available, it's not all that bad....)
    A false choice. Would you smoke M79 or Borkum Riff Whiskey or do without? Now there's a real conundrum. But the question is moot, since any of the aforementioned tobaccos attracts zombies. Which reminds of an old jungle flick, where the local spear-wielding tribesman comes running up to the head of the latest ill-fated expedition into the heart of Africa, screaming, "Bring thunderstick, Bwana! Simba, Bwana! Simba! Thick as leaves in tree, as thick as grass on ground, Bwana. Come quick, Bwana!" It'll be like that, but zombies instead of lions, and one of your brothers of the leaf will dispatch a pipe of Ennerdale to save your butt, and you'll smoke it and like it -- or else.
    Last edited by freestoke; 03-23-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Quite so. A brilliant stroke, Mari. In the spirit of Twain...
    You flatter me, sir. I can live for two months on a good compliment. - Mark Twain

Cigar smokers will make good fodder, at least.

Yes, the zombie's takings of human butchery will fall heavily on the cigarside, but especially on the TabakNazis. Every cloud has a silver lining.

Been feeling much like a Zombie lately, so fearing a slight infection I'm having 1792 with Ennerdale today.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4