Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Crossing over... from Cigars.

This is a discussion on Crossing over... from Cigars. within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by AStateJB Yep! So many different baccies and so many different pipes... and tons more enablers...

Re: Crossing over... from Cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by AStateJB View Post
    Yep! So many different baccies and so many different pipes...
    and tons more enablers
    Editing and deleting are two different things. You edit a whole by deleting a part; you cannot edit a part by deleting it. Webster can clear this up for you.

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lostdog13 View Post
    and tons more enablers
    Hangin' out with Friends

Maturing Puffer Fish trenschler's Avatar

Another one to add to your list is Mac Baren Old Dark Fired. To me, it reminds me more of cigar smoke than any other pipe tobacco I've tried.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

At the last minute last night I decided to enjoy a cigar - a Diesel Shorty Grind - while I cleaned up the last few days of pipes that had been neglected. Okay, six pipes needed cleaning. Anyway, after cleaning up the pipes I still had about half the cigar to go. Nope - a little to harsh, a little too bitter - tossed it.

Man, I'm screwed. I'm still bidding on cigars on cbid (?), all the while not liking almost ANY cigar I smoke!

YOU GUYS DID THIS TO ME!
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

If it takes putting up with your 1792 addicts club then I for one am glad it happened.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

It's a cliff not a slope! jheiliger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    At the last minute last night I decided to enjoy a cigar - a Diesel Shorty Grind - while I cleaned up the last few days of pipes that had been neglected. Okay, six pipes needed cleaning. Anyway, after cleaning up the pipes I still had about half the cigar to go. Nope - a little to harsh, a little too bitter - tossed it.

Man, I'm screwed. I'm still bidding on cigars on cbid (?), all the while not liking almost ANY cigar I smoke!

YOU GUYS DID THIS TO ME!

So, is that what happens with most guys that become mostly pipers? The tobacco is smoother and easier to smoke (combined with the ritual of the pipe...), so you find yourself going to the pipe more and more?
    I live such a great life... A beautiful family, a job I love, and a few good smokes to keep my head on straight.

Quote Originally Posted by jheiliger View Post
    So, is that what happens with most guys that become mostly pipers? The tobacco is smoother and easier to smoke (combined with the ritual of the pipe...), so you find yourself going to the pipe more and more?
    I don't know about easier to smoke (what could be easier than a cigar?), but to me obviously more consistently BETTER FLAVOR. Once you find "your" tobaccos, then it's just a matter of trying not to break the bank in attempted PAD appeasement.

That's the tricky part, I'm learning...
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by jheiliger View Post
    To the point that I rarely reach to the humis at all. What I am really noticing is that the more subtle flavors of pipe smoking are leading me to different cigars. I used to really like stronger stuff - lots of Nicaraguan and stouter smokes. Since I really started hitting the pipe, I don't care for those as much.

BTW, have you had a look at the snuff thread?
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Quote Originally Posted by Desertlifter View Post
    BTW, have you had a look at the snuff thread?
    This is cruelty.

All human evil comes from a single cause, man's inability to sit still in a room.
    __ -- Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    This is cruelty.

All human evil comes from a single cause, man's inability to sit still in a room.
    __ -- Blaise Pascal
    I'm from the government, and I'm here to help!
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Puffer Fish with many spikes Blue_2's Avatar

How long have you had that tobacco?

- About three or four seasons

- I'll bomb the h%*& I mean, send you some if you want.

Let me see your identification

- You dont need to see his identification.....

I don't need to see his identification

- This is indeed the tobacco you're looking for......

This is the tobacco I'm looking for

- You will give me your mailing address......

I'll give you my address.

- Welcome to the Pipe side....

Move along, move along!

It's a cliff not a slope! jheiliger's Avatar

Okay... Compiling a list here.

Balkan: Sasieni
    Cornell and Diehl: Rajah's Court, Billy Budd
    Dan: Hamborger Veermaster
    Davidoff: Flake Medallions
    Dunhill: Royal Yacht, Standard Mixture Medium, London Mixture, 965, Night Cap
    Esoterica: Penzance, Stonehaven
    Escudo
    Gawith, Hoggarth, and Co.: Bob's Chocolate Flake, Kendal Kentucky
    GL Pease: Meridian, Westminster, Charing Cross, Fillmore, Jackknife
    Mac Baren: Old Dark Fired
    McClelland: Oriental No. 14, 3 Oaks Series, Frog Morton, Frog Morton Across the Pond, Blue Mountain
    Peter Stokkebye: Proper English
    Peterson: Irish Flake
    Sam Gawith - Full Virginia, 1792 Flake, Commonwealth

Did I miss anything?? You guys are awesome!

Joe
    I live such a great life... A beautiful family, a job I love, and a few good smokes to keep my head on straight.

Well, crossing over from cigars, you almost have to try a rope, just so you can keep using your cutter!
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Well, crossing over from cigars, you almost have to try a rope, just so you can keep using your cutter!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Maturing Puffer Fish

I have used a cigar, i grounded it and stuffed it into my corncob pipe, it wasn't bad. I know it sounds a bit sacrilegious but its worth a try, maybe mix it with some pipe tobacco. Maybe some other pipe smokers have tried this, they can share their experiences.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast