Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Original LOTR clay hobbit pipe

This is a discussion on Original LOTR clay hobbit pipe within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Being as we have more then a few LOTR fans here I thought this might be of interest Tinder Box ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

Original LOTR clay hobbit pipe

Being as we have more then a few LOTR fans here I thought this might be of interest
    Tinder Box clay pipes: Traditional clay tobacco smoking pipes for sale online
    The maker of the pipes for the movies has them and others available for sale.
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

Re: Original LOTR clay hobbit pipe

Thanks for the link - very cool.
    Pipe Tobacco Lotto winner for July 2014!

Cool! Looks similar to my colonial tavern pipe...just not quite as long.

The others are interesting too - the ship/anchor, eagle claw, and ladies' leg - the marbled one as well.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Quote Originally Posted by Desertlifter View Post
    The others are interesting too - the ship/anchor, eagle claw, and ladies' leg - the marbled one as well.

Yeah I liked the marbled one too. Also liked the "smoked" one. I may pull the trigger on a few of those.

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0673 View Post
    Cool! Looks similar to my colonial tavern pipe...just not quite as long.
    +1 (thanks Eric!)
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

Puffer Fish with many spikes x6ftundx's Avatar

I really do wonder how hard those are to ship... would love to see the long ones but i know they won't ship them, hence no pics

For anyone curious on shipping guys from Australia have bought them and they survived the trip from NZ. Bonus as well the NZ dollar is usually pretty cheap too. I fancy the marbled and hobbit bent myself.
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

Puffer Fish with many spikes x6ftundx's Avatar

so what is the difference in smoke betweek these and a briar pipe? do you still clean them the same way?

Quote Originally Posted by x6ftundx View Post
    so what is the difference in smoke betweek these and a briar pipe? do you still clean them the same way?
    x2! I want to hear how these smoke and about the maintenance!
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    x2! I want to hear how these smoke and about the maintenance!
    X3 not that I'm a nerd or anything, they just, uh, look cool...

There are some clay pipe enthusiasts here so I'm sure we'll get an educated answer. At a guess I would expect care wise to be similar to meerschaum maybe. I have heard the smoke is very pure in taste.

yea I was thinking of going this route and still will but am interested in the draw and cleaning also

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish InsidiousTact's Avatar

Now I've never smoked a clay myself, but as I understand it they smoke similar to meers except the bowl gets extremely hot. Too hot to touch! They do not ghost, and are extremely fragile.

No cleaning needs to be done usually, they smoke extremely dry and absorb all oils. If they start to get funky, throw (gently set) them on the embers of a hot fire, or out them in the oven and put it on self-clean. By the time the pipe is cool, all the gunk has been baked out and it's as fresh as new!
    To be governed is to be at every operation, at every transaction, noted, registered, enrolled, taxed..., forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. Pierre-Joseph Proudhon