Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Smoked the pipe while shoveling snow for the first time. Learned something new

This is a discussion on Smoked the pipe while shoveling snow for the first time. Learned something new within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; The one thing I do like about snow is watching my 11 year old dog act like a puppy with ...

Full grown Puffer Fish Couch_Incident's Avatar

Re: Smoked the pipe while shoveling snow for the first time. Learned something new

The one thing I do like about snow is watching my 11 year old dog act like a puppy with a fresh fall. When she first sees it, she is hesitant. After it dawns on her what is going on, she romps and plays like a nut!

Couch

Re: Smoked the pipe while shoveling snow for the first time. Learned something new

So glad I live here in Southern California and the only things we have to deal with is the Santa Anna winds from Oct to mid of Dec and brush fires

Quote Originally Posted by Couch_Incident View Post
    The one thing I do like about snow is watching my 11 year old dog act like a puppy with a fresh fall. When she first sees it, she is hesitant. After it dawns on her what is going on, she romps and plays like a nut!

Couch
    Yeah, my cats love the stuff. I hate it. Oh well; they outnumber me...
    ********.com

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar

FYI and Update: Didn't snow today - no shoveling - sunny with a high of 70 today ....

I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!

FYI, more frigid than Margaret Thatcher here, going to snow over the weekend. Overcast with a high of kiss my ass Shawn.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    FYI, more frigid than Margaret Thatcher here, going to snow over the weekend. Overcast with a high of kiss my ass Shawn.
    ROTF LMFAO - You're only a 2+ hour flight away......

I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

We're expecting a high of 38 today with alternating rain and freezing rain and a low of 27 tonight. Black ice anyone?
    Hangin' out with Friends

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AStateJB View Post

We're expecting a high of 38 today with alternating rain and freezing rain and a low of 27 tonight. Black ice anyone?
    That really sux.
    We're looking for 3-6" tonight. So far the weather has been missing us, we'll see if they're right or not this time.
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcgreggor57 View Post
    That really sux.
    We're looking for 3-6" tonight. So far the weather has been missing us, we'll see if they're right or not this time.
    Pretty much! But then again, ANY winter weather sucks around here since our road departments and utility companies are TERRIBLY unequipped for it.
    Hangin' out with Friends

Quote Originally Posted by AStateJB View Post
    Pretty much! But then again, ANY winter weather sucks around here since our road departments and utility companies are TERRIBLY unequipped for it.
    They are spectacularly equipped around here. Snowplows the size of mountain top removable machinery. Way back when the WeatherChannel started, a young Jim Cantore stood in a snowstorm, live beside a 6-lane interstate in a foot of snow in Albany. The show was new to snow. Imagining what it would be like in Atlanta with a foot of snow, they had dispatched him to the center of the storm, expecting disaster. As the snowplows whizzed by at 60 mph and traffic hardly slowed at all, he kept saying, "This is amazing. Wow! Here comes another one!" When I lived in Dallas, they had 3" of snow one day and it looked like the Iraqi evacuation of Kuwait along the roads. They...do...NOT...grok...driving...in...snow...in. ..Dallas.

And that reminds me of another one! They had even BIGGER snowplows/blowers on the runways when Griffiss was a SAC base. It did not matter how much snow fell, period, those runways were clean right down to the pavement. Almost a tourist-worthy event after a big snowfall, watching those humongous snowthrowers, blowing gigantic columns of snow 50 yards sideways as they sped down the runway, then turning around like fighter squadron in formation and make the pass in the other direction. Seems they could clear a runway in 30 minutes or less. Truly amazing, it really was...which leads me to my story. During the Bosnian war in the '90s, I was listening to a radio interview with an Air Force colonel who was in charge of the airbase there, complaining about the impossibility of clearing the runways so that planes could land with supplies. Nothing could be done with a foot of snow on the runways, and that the planes would be grounded for days. pheeh. Must have been from Florida or something. It would have been a piece of cake to load one of those trucks onto a C5 Galaxy, parachute it into Sarajevo and had those runways spic and span toute suite. They probably had them in Germany -- almost certainly had them in Germany, actually. Could have had those runways cleared in a matter of hours, but like Jim Cantore, he simply couldn't comprehend that there was a solution available.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Young Puffer Fish

We were slightly above freezing yesterday, and now well below it again today. As you can imagine, the streets are like ice rinks now. It was interesting going to the supermarket earlier.
    'Tis the season to be hospitalised...

The odd thing about the Iron Lady is that frigid she was not. However terrifying it may be, what those close to her always mention is that she had sexual magnetism in abundance. Terrifying.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Could've done without that little tidbit. Yes quite terrifying.

Could've done without that little tidbit. Yes quite terrifying.
    Dominatrix Thatcher. Indeed, "thatcher" itself has some unsettling connotations. Memories of Rooftops and Straw: My Summer with Maggie.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Ok, more snow, more shoveling.....no pipe this time. Still sucks.

Shawn, no comments needed

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast