Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Pipe Reflection 2012 - Pipe Dreams 2013

This is a discussion on Pipe Reflection 2012 - Pipe Dreams 2013 within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; 2012 the year I fell back down in the abyss that I had already fell into once. Now with two ...

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Re: Pipe Reflection 2012 - Pipe Dreams 2013

2012 the year I fell back down in the abyss that I had already fell into once. Now with two meers I hope that 2013 brings a couple more meers and a clay pipe wise. I hope it brings me my dream of dreams a meerwarden. I also want it to bring me more aged tobacco.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Quote Originally Posted by Desertlifter View Post
    Good friend of mine lives in Imperial - hope to visit with him in the next year or two.
    Outside of Pittsburgh? If you make it out this way, please let me know. Likewise, I have an Aunt who lives in Redmond and I've wanted to visit her for a while now. I'll let you know if I ever pull the trigger on plane tickets!
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Full grown Puffer Fish jobes2007's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gahdzila View Post
    Ummmm......BB isn't a GLP blend. It's blended by C&D.

So perhaps you should expand your goal to 5-6 GLP blends and 5-6 C&D blends!

Ok, let's see -

In mid 2011, I really went on a buying spree with cigars, buying a bunch of new stuff to try and stocking up on favorites to age. Then in late 2011, I really started moving from cigars to pipes. I much prefer pipes now. So I've now got a fairly large stockpile of cigars that aren't getting smoked. In 2012, I explored a lot of different pipe tobaccos, and I've got a really good handle on what my likes and dislikes are.

Goals for 2013? I hope to continue expanding my cellar with favorites. I hope to continue expanding my pipe rack with more estate Dr Grabows. I'm gonna try to start whittling down my cigar supply, and try to start smoking at least two or three a week (I was at 2-3 a day before getting into pipes...hence the large stockpile). And I shall be ordering some snuff soon!

Woops! I knew that too, but for some reason I didn't catch it while I was typing. Haha.
    Love free stuff? Love Pipe tobacco? Do I have the thread for you! http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/genera...al-thread.html

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    Outside of Pittsburgh? If you make it out this way, please let me know. Likewise, I have an Aunt who lives in Redmond and I've wanted to visit her for a while now. I'll let you know if I ever pull the trigger on plane tickets!
    Yep - just outside of Pittsburgh. Redmond is just a short jaunt over the mountains for me - could absolutely do dinner and a bowl over there. Seattle is a great foodie town!
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Plume View Post
    2012 the year I fell back down in the abyss that I had already fell into once. Now with two meers I hope that 2013 brings a couple more meers and a clay pipe wise. I hope it brings me my dream of dreams a meerwarden. I also want it to bring me more aged tobacco.
    In case you haven't seen these - Custom churchwarden stems made for meers - Meer Churchwarden

Maturing Puffer Fish Pipe Pastor's Avatar

Started smoking a pipe this year. Love it. I'm mainly into aros but am looking to expand. Got a cob and a basket briar. Really been working on technique and trying to master the craft.

Dreams for this coming year. More pipes and a more defined set of tastes for baccy. I've got my eye on a joe case but would love to try a sav, Peterson or any estate pipe. Looking to find some enjoyable VAs and review all my findings.

Quote Originally Posted by gahdzila View Post
    In case you haven't seen these - Custom churchwarden stems made for meers - Meer Churchwarden
    Thanks for the link. I did chat with him about this. Might do it when I come back to the states I can't go that long without my meer.......
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Maturing Puffer Fish trenschler's Avatar

In 2012, I picked my pipes back up after a many year hiatus and realized how much I missed them. I've discovered some new favorite tobaccos and given up on a couple of old favorites. Most importantly, I joined Puff and discovered its wealth of information and entertainment. Thanks to all of you for that!

For 2013, above all I hope to stick with the pipes through the warm weather months, which is something I've never really done. My strategy may be to switch from my usual Balkan blends to VA and VA/Per during the warm months. I'd like to finally rid myself of cigarettes and also learn more about cigars so I can have an occasional one of those for variety and to reset the taste buds. I seriously need to add some new pipes to my rotation since many of my old, lesser quality ones didn't fare so well in the hiatus (stem oxidation). I want to add at least one Tim West, another Meer, another Savinelli and maybe even give a Peterson's (no P-lip!) a try. I also want to participate more here.

I want something like this to happen to me.

Jim Stingl - Finding Prince Albert in 88 cans is no pipe dream

"The tobacco inside looks and even smells normal, Jenn said, though she doubts anyone would want to light it up after 94 years. She isn't a smoker anyway." Yeah. Really.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

I'd put it to the flame!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Machurtado's Avatar

For 2013 I'm wanting to acquire dunhill and bringham pipes and wade through all tobacco that I have and haven't had a chance to try yet. I also am going to try to smoke more than I have but I don't think that will be a problem!
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."Ben Frankin

One other think i forgot that I want to try the next year Snuff! What's one more thing to throw money at? I'm starting my research now to see what to try first.

I started smoking in July and I already have a modest collection of pipes and a good start to my cellar. As a coming home present for myself I bought my first Churchwarden. 2012 kinda sucked spending most of it in Afghanistan but smoking my pipe helped keep me away from the the army issue drugs. In 2013 I want to get a Meer and the Puff pipe. I'm also going to start making my own corncob pipes. Who knows...maybe I'll be able to make a little extra cash that way (I know there are some big cob fans here!). As for my TAD...I'm still taking suggestions. Mac set me up really good with a bunch of baccy I haven't seen before so I'll start there.

Quote Originally Posted by Machurtado View Post
    One other think i forgot that I want to try the next year Snuff! What's one more thing to throw money at? I'm starting my research now to see what to try first.
    Do it!

Snuff - What's in your nose?

https://mistersnuff.com/catalog/index.php
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

I am there's just so much out there I don't know where to start

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast