Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Lakeland!

This is a discussion on Lakeland! within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by freestoke I would vote for the "essential oils". SL, BXX, , MVF, FVF and BBF are not ...

Re: Lakeland!

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    I would vote for the "essential oils". SL, BXX, , MVF, FVF and BBF are not Lakelands in my taxonomic system.
    Yeah, that's the way I've always looked at it. Most people who speak of Lakelands are referring to "that taste", I assume.
    ********.com

Re: Lakeland!

Quote Originally Posted by laloin View Post
    But I do understand blends make in the lakeland district are lakeland blends. two different types of lakelands. The lighter floral/soapy lakelands. an the dark heavy oily lakelands IE black Irish XX
    The black ropes/twists/plugs have that oily BBQ character about them, especially those that have been cooked (and I know of nowhere else that they are made), but there is no dichotomy in evidence for me: Cannon Plug is oily and heavy and has a Lakeland essence that would ward off flies. Either they have flavored the tobacco, accidentally or otherwise, with what is generally referred to as the "Lakeland essence" or they haven't. Admittedly, Lakelands as a group would include the ropes and twists in particular, but "a Lakeland" implies far more. "A Lakeland" means , usually in flake form.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2