Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Need advice and recommendations

This is a discussion on Need advice and recommendations within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Haddo's Delight is my solution to everything....

Puffer Fish with some spikes Variables's Avatar

Re: Need advice and recommendations

Haddo's Delight is my solution to everything.

Young Puffer Fish

Cornell & Diehl's Pirate Kake kicks my bu**.

Quote Originally Posted by Variables View Post
    Haddo's Delight is my solution to everything.
    I happen to have some ten year old Haddo's Delight in a 2 oz. tin.

I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

And REVELATION!! Out of the cellars of babes. (well...maybe not "babes". )
    Last edited by freestoke; 01-03-2013 at 01:24 PM.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

St. Bruno Flake packs a punch. Not sure if you can get it in the US, however. I may be over-rating the nicotine a bit, but it's the only tobacco product ever to make me "retro-eat". A very pleasantly fruity, dark, moist tobacco with maybe a hint of the Lakeland sauce in it. It's an OTC in the UK but none the worse for that. The various ropes are high nicotine; I'd suggest the Black Bogie as the coolest and smoothest (goes under some other name in the US, I think). They can be quite rough. Aromatic Black Bogie has a bit of extra top to it - hard to say what exactly, but I've never heard anyone across the pond mention it so it may be unobtainable. So much nicotine in these that I can only manage a thimble-sized bowl at a time. Much talk of 1792 Flake on the forum. It is strong and full bodied, perhaps a bit too much so for me. My touchstone tobacco is Louisiana Flake. I typify it as 1792's younger, more athletic brother. I couldn't imaging smoking nothing but 1792 all day long; I have done this for weeks at a stretch with LF. These two are Lakeland sauced, however. Love it or loath it. I think it gets a bad start from the "soapiness" that people talk about. I see it as "creamy" or "unctuous" and have no problem with that.

I would have suggested snuff as it has some of the "ready to go" quality of chewing tobacco - it just sits in your pocket and just screams for repeat doses; no fuss, no fire. However, I detect that maybe you want to cut down on the number of vile habits you have rather than simply add another one. If it does appeal, Fribourg and Treyer High Dry Toast has a kick and is relatively plain. F&T Santo Domingo also can kick my ass with Vitamin N and Samuel Gawith Chocolate Snuff was a surprise Nicotine Monster - who would have suspected innocent chocolate of such treachery.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    And REVELATION!! Out of the cellars of babes. (well...maybe not "babes". )
    Wow,,, it's been more than four decades since anyone called me a babe!! I guess I should be flattered, or NOT!!!
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Wow,,, it's been more than four decades since anyone called me a babe!! I guess I should be flattered, or NOT!!!
    Damn sorry about that, Fuzzy! How about, "He looks scary. Wonder what's in his cellar!? " Better?
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Oooooh - and Germain's Royal Jersey Perique Mixture. That's a piece of work.

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Damn sorry about that, Fuzzy! How about, "He looks scary. Wonder what's in his cellar!? " Better?
    "Gee mister - this candy tastes funny. It's making me sleepy..."

Puffer Fish with some spikes Variables's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    I happen to have some ten year old Haddo's Delight in a 2 oz. tin.
    Well then there you go! Problem solved If you don't feel like crackin' into that well aged tin I might have some 3-4 year old Haddo's I can share with ya'. I think I have some old Escudo you can try too.

Five Brothers is a SOLID recommendation for high nicotine. I don't have any left over anymore though. Might be time to place an order. It is not a 'high brow' blend, but a very enjoyable one as a straightforward tobacco.

Young Puffer Fish

[QUOTE=Fuzzy;3776810]I happen to have some ten year old Haddo's Delight in a 2 oz. tin.

Yummy. Crack that baby open and send me some.

asx
    Young Fish

For what it's worth, SG Brown Rope #4 is about the only thing that threatens to knock me down these days. 1792 is almost as strong but doesn't taste like shoes.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

gawith Hogarth dark/brown flake packs a punch. Any rope will pack a punch. Also,from what i heard/ saw on youtube Dunhill nightcap is also a strong blend along with Purple Cow and Bow legged Bear . but Dark flake will knock you on your ass....
    Last edited by pipinho; 01-06-2013 at 02:07 AM.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

Ropes for raw tobacco nicotine hit for sure. I also mix 5B with SWR for a good nic hit with flavour that doesn't burn too hot or fast, great morning smoke.
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2