Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Purchasing

This is a discussion on Purchasing within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I love both smokingpipes and pipesandcigars I haven't ordered from 4noggins yet but plan on it....

Puffer Fish with some spikes Machurtado's Avatar

Re: Purchasing

I love both smokingpipes and pipesandcigars I haven't ordered from 4noggins yet but plan on it.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."Ben Frankin

I placed an order last week from P&C. Nothing big on the scale of some of your purchases, just a new cob and 2 1.5 oz tins of their H&H blends. On the way to work, a medium size box was hanging on the mailbox. I opened it up and found a new MM,a tin of Grandma's Kitchen, a calender, and an 8 oz tin of Anni. Already sensing that the wife would be ballistic over my messup, I found the packing slip. Hand written on the slip was the explanation that they were out of the 1.5, so they substituted the 8 at no charge. I really appreciate that level of service. They have always been fast as well.
    I gotta start posting more...

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Machurtado View Post
    I love both smokingpipes and pipesandcigars I haven't ordered from 4noggins yet but plan on it.
    My three favorite places to shop!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Well I'm impressed I ordered my new meer from 4noggins last night about 10 and got an email this morning around 820 saying that has shipped! That's some crazy fast service!
    Last edited by Machurtado; 01-08-2013 at 12:28 PM.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

I should be getting an order today from Pipes&Cigars that includes a pound of 1792 Flake (yes, I'm happy!). The pound was $68.48. But I guess I should have checked Smoking Pipes (another order coming in tomorrow), because there the pound would have only cost me $49.58.

That's a BIG difference. So, shop around is my advice - lots of great companies out there, and all seem to have excellent customer service, IMO.

EDIT: to prove my point about excellent customer service, I just called Pipes&Cigars and asked about their Price Match Policy. I now am being emailed a coupon for the difference. That's $18.87 of P&C money, to be used immediately for more 1792 Flake!

I love pipers so...
    Last edited by ProbateGeek; 01-08-2013 at 01:35 PM.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

It's a cliff not a slope! jheiliger's Avatar

I've done a TON of biz with Cigars International. On the pipe side, they DO NOT have the best selection, but I can tell you that their service is TOP NOTCH and they are usually VERY COMPETITIVE!

Joe
    I live such a great life... A beautiful family, a job I love, and a few good smokes to keep my head on straight.

Ha - this is funny. I just got my order from Pipes&Cigars. Included in the order was a tin of Hamborger Veermaster, which I've been waiting some time to order since it's been really hard to find.

When I went to crack the tin, the lid came right off - no little "swoosh" as the vacuum was broken ('cause there was no vacuum). I was suddenly suspicious. With the lid off, right away it looked as if someone had been messing around in the tin.

In this photo I had not yet touched the paper - that's how it looked immediately after removing the lid. I could swear there's a bit of 'baccy missing - could it just be my imagination? Could the tin have just been packed sloppily and the contents shifted in transit? Hmmm.... Anyone had an experience like this before?

EDIT: Forgot to say, smells fantastic though!

1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Looks very good let me know how it's is I've been thinking about getting a tin.

Maturing Puffer Fish JohnnyDarkside's Avatar

My last order from P&C included a new briar, 2 hardwoods, 3 cobs, a pouch of anni, tin of Midnight ride, and some Burley kake. Oh, and a (another) calendar, lol. When I got the package, everything was good except that they sent me the hardwood mini's by mistake. I called a little later, and in 2 days I got the correct pieces. Pretty easy and minimal correction, but still quite pleased with their response.

Hey guys just want to sing some more praises for 4noggins. I had what I considered to be some cosmetic issues with the pipe I ordered nothing major I called and talk to Rich about and he had no problem at with me exchanging it for a different pipe. I would highly recommend you order from him and as an added bonus to all out BOTL in the military he ships free to all APO and FPO address with no minimum!

Puffer Fish with some spikes neonblackjack's Avatar

Gotta put in my vote for smokingpipes.com. Great site to navigate, great prices, beautiful pipes to dream about, and stellar service. In a recent order a tin of HH Old Dark Fired got dented in shipping and the dent broke the seal on the tin. I shot them an email and they had a new tin out to me, no questions asked, with a return label in the box so I could send the damaged one back. Didn't take more than two sentences to get the problem solved, and you can't ask for much better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Ha - this is funny. I just got my order from Pipes&Cigars. Included in the order was a tin of Hamborger Veermaster, which I've been waiting some time to order since it's been really hard to find.

When I went to crack the tin, the lid came right off - no little "swoosh" as the vacuum was broken ('cause there was no vacuum). I was suddenly suspicious. With the lid off, right away it looked as if someone had been messing around in the tin.

In this photo I had not yet touched the paper - that's how it looked immediately after removing the lid. I could swear there's a bit of 'baccy missing - could it just be my imagination? Could the tin have just been packed sloppily and the contents shifted in transit? Hmmm.... Anyone had an experience like this before?
    Update - I emailed Pipes&Cigars about this issue, and they're sending me a replacement tin. They asked for the code on their tag on the bottom of the tin, and said they would look into it. I'm happy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2