Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Purchasing

This is a discussion on Purchasing within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; In honor of me hitting 30 posts, what are some favorite places to buy your baccy? I buy primarily from ...

Maturing Puffer Fish JohnnyDarkside's Avatar

Purchasing

In honor of me hitting 30 posts, what are some favorite places to buy your baccy?

I buy primarily from P&C because it has great selection and prices. I know smokingpipes.com, but their selection seems a little less.

Re: Purchasing

Congrats on hitting the big 3-0!

Try Cup O' Joes - Largest Selection of Dunhill Pipes and Pipe Tobacco. I've used them before and they have a decent selection and some hard to find stuff as well. If you like coffee they got coffee stuff too! Their website is pretty user-friendly too.

Maturing Puffer Fish trenschler's Avatar

4noggins.com is also a great site.

Young Puffer Fish

I agree. P&C is my favorite too.

Congrats, nice pipe, and yep! P&C is nice, but they won't ship to me in WA state. Not there fault.

Smokingpipes has been great to me, and so has 4noggins. Cup o' Joes is in the same boat as P&C, but they denied my order very politely! Don't forget Nice Ash Cigars either - there's a great BOTL here affiliated with them. In fact, you will see Rich (did I get that right?) from 4noggins and a rep from smokingpipes as well. We had a great discussion (IMO) with the smokingpipes rep last year about an issue with their shopping cart system.

Also have to give props to my own B&M Lil Brown Smokeshack. Great place to hang out, good selection of both stogies and pipe tobacco, and great owners who contribute a lot to my community.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

I like cup of joe for pipe purchases. for tobacco P&C are great. 4noggins is great smokingpipes is great too. heheh

Maturing Puffer Fish JohnnyDarkside's Avatar

In the internet age, it's always difficult to buy from some place without references first. Thanks for the suggestions.

Nice Ash actually has a hookah section. Nice! It's been years since I've pulled out my old bubbler. Lighting the coal and cleaning afterwards made it a little too cumbersome to use with any frequency.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertlifter View Post
    Congrats, nice pipe, and yep! P&C is nice, but they won't ship to me in WA state. Not there fault.

Smokingpipes has been great to me, and so has 4noggins. Cup o' Joes is in the same boat as P&C, but they denied my order very politely! Don't forget Nice Ash Cigars either - there's a great BOTL here affiliated with them. In fact, you will see Rich (did I get that right?) from 4noggins and a rep from smokingpipes as well. We had a great discussion (IMO) with the smokingpipes rep last year about an issue with their shopping cart system.

Also have to give props to my own B&M Lil Brown Smokeshack. Great place to hang out, good selection of both stogies and pipe tobacco, and great owners who contribute a lot to my community.
    Add me to Brian's list of who I order from. I'll also throw in Boswell's and Tewksbury & Co. I always hit up P&C first. They have never let me down.

Young Puffer Fish

Thanks for the kind words guys. We try to take care of our customers here in the US as well as those abroad. Those in Washington State have no problem ordering from us. In fact we have many many customers there.
    I appreciate the kind words I've read on the forum, and we will do everything we can to ship your orders out by Priority Mail within 24 hours.

Cheers,

Rich Gottlieb
    4noggins.com

Other than the ones listed:

wvsmokeshop.com - decent prices on OTCs, and one of the better retailers of new Dr Grabow pipes

marscigars.com - best prices on MM cob pipes on the entire interwebs

Maturing Puffer Fish trenschler's Avatar

I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention my local B&M, smokershaven.com - several of their house blends are made by J. F. Germain & Sons and are top shelf stuff.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

I'll add one more to the above. He's taking a break for a few weeks, but if you are looking for some tobacco with some age on it or an out of the ordinary blend check out:

Pipestuds Consignment Shop

He's been around for a while and often has interesting tobaccos at reasonable prices, as well as some of the discontinued hard to find favorites such as some of the rare GLP blends which command premium prices wherever you can find them.

Just click on the Tin Page links on the left to see the kind of things he has to offer.
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Hey DMan it's not a double standard. I can talk differently at the bar than at a kids party. You always need to keep in mind who may be listening. Moderator access is basically in house email, when you get to that level you should be able to speak freely. That doesn't mean you should be able to do that everywhere.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

+1 to 4noggins as they seem less popular any HTF stuff seems to last a little longer on their shelves. Plus the service is great and the sit easy to browse.
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Love sp!
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast