Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Help identifying pipe ligher

This is a discussion on Help identifying pipe ligher within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hey guys I'm hoping you can help me find a lighter like my Dad had when he used to smoke ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Machurtado's Avatar

Help identifying pipe ligher

Hey guys I'm hoping you can help me find a lighter like my Dad had when he used to smoke pipes. The one he had quit working and he threw it away not thinking he could get it fixed. It looked like the lighter pictured below without the lid and the top of the lighter was solid it was also a little slimmer and taller. It had a side push ignition on it like on the the Xikar executive II pictured below also. From what I remember it used butane and used flints. Any help would be appreciated thanks guys!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."Ben Frankin

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Hannibal's Avatar

Re: Help identifying pipe ligher

What I believe you have there is a vintage 60's Monaco Windproof Cigar and Pipe Lighter.

I've found it here: Vintage 60s Monaco Windproof Cigarette and Pipe by tntcollectibles

Good Luck!
    My Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/hannibal
    Proud to have served 1988-2000 U.S. Army!!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Damn Dick F#2Ckin Tracy nice work!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Young Puffer Fish

[QUOTE=Hannibal;3778579]What I believe you have there is a vintage 60's Monaco Windproof Cigar and Pipe Lighter.

Hannibal is right. I have one of these that was also my father's and it quit working for him. I keep it for sentimental reasons and haven't tried to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by luckybro2 View Post
    Hannibal is right. I have one of these that was also my father's and it quit working for him. I keep it for sentimental reasons and haven't tried to fix it.
    So what actually quit working? Only reason I'm asking is my grandfather had a nimrod pipe lighter that I got when he passed. After some time and elbow grease I was able to get it working again.

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    So what actually quit working? Only reason I'm asking is my grandfather had a nimrod pipe lighter that I got when he passed. After some time and elbow grease I was able to get it working again.
    I tried putting butane in it once, years ago, but it wouldn't take any. Maybe I'll try again. I'll follow up if I get it working.

Jeff I guess I should have a been a bit clearer but the one I'm looking for is a mixture between the two lighters I have pictured. If you can imagine the top of the Monaco without the the lid and spark wheel on the body of the xikar that's the lighter I'm looking for.

Well, now your making it hard on me huh??

Okay, I'll do some looking around and see what I can come up with. Do you have a clue how old the lighter is?

Jeff it would about 20-30 years old thanks for the help! It looked something like this with out the spark wheel on the top on it.